Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author

confuciousconfusing
      Spectator

who wants to guess when the next round of tours will come?
      I say by sometime this summer, hopefully before that,

Yeah, late spring/summer, I guess.

Unless of course, fans only stay for the singles and skip the rest of the gig, meaning SP will go, play 3 songs, then leave – but it’ll be cheap :roll:

Anonymous
      Spectator

That would suck

I would stay for the whole gig ;)

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I just hope they come to Pittsburgh for this round of tours because last time they came I missed them
      and I don’t wish to miss them perfrom again. :)

i hope they come anywhere within a 6 hour drive of memphis, if so i am there!

and i hope they do something like the 4 day pass thing that billy mentioned. that would be so freakin cool! i don’t care if i have to dig myself further in debt by using a credit card, i want to see them again! :D

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

Agreed, I’d love the 4 day residency that Billy mentioned…. since he has family in FL, he better come here!

Anonymous
      Spectator

he needs to come here, It’s been well over a year now

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Yeah, late spring/summer, I guess.

Unless of course, fans only stay for the singles and skip the rest of the gig, meaning SP will go, play 3 songs, then leave – but it’ll be cheap :roll:[/quote:291qmbgi]

HA! Would be funny if SP takes the same attitude towards concerts. Why wouldn’t they? Play one new single, then encore, then peace out! Makes no cents, right?

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’d be pissed off. I don’t want a short show. I want music dammit, SP music forever!!!

Tion
      Spectator

Hope they come to europe this year….
      ppplleeaase!!

(not just some festivals).
      billy, if you read this, come to germany, you can stay in my home for free. :lol:

Pipoka
      Spectator

Hope they come to europe this year….
      ppplleeaase!!

(not just some festivals).
      billy, if you read this, come to germany, you can stay in my home for free. :lol:[/quote:2tl36md4]

:lol:

yes i would love them to come to Portugal for a propper concert, not on a festival.

but i guess we will not have a tour before summer….

some pumpkins
      Spectator

Agreed, I’d love the 4 day residency that Billy mentioned…. since he has family in FL, he better come here![/quote:33wzvtar]

i love the mini residency idea too!

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’d guess on a few ‘secret’ or low-key shows this year… Hopefully we’re able to hear some recordings or see new videos. :)

amnesia
      Spectator

Oh yes, and hopefully BC will get his ass to Europe this time. :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

who wants to guess when the next round of tours will come?
      I say by sometime this summer, hopefully before that,[/quote:2b7kyftp]

Umm …I was right :D

"SP.com can now announce that there will be new six tour dates in Southern California between August 26th and 31st.

The dates will be for Billy Corgan with special guests Spirits In the Sky.

Cities and venues will be announced shortly, but for those of you in the Los Angeles area, there will be six shows for you to check out!"

some pumpkins
      Spectator

well isn’t that just some superfantastic news :D

Anonymous
      Spectator

But the question is…are you going to be attending? If so we want a report :D

some pumpkins
      Spectator

most likely not all, but most likely more than 1

Anonymous
      Spectator

sweet!! Are you able to video tape some of it with a cell phone at minimum?
      I wonder if they will post a setlist before the show so we can get our eyes on the names of new songs..
      You know you have to take pics (and if they are hot Billy pics they belong in that thread ;) )

some pumpkins
      Spectator

let them announce the venues first. then i’ll be able to tell if i can bring in a digital camera, or if i’ll have to settle with my cell phone.

Arthur
      Spectator

Awesome! :D

Anonymous
      Spectator

let them announce the venues first. then i’ll be able to tell if i can bring in a digital camera, or if i’ll have to settle with my cell phone.[/quote:1mqlxgp9]
      well I’m sure Billy would allow videos being taken, but the venue might not :?
      worst case scenario a cell phone video

Sven
      Spectator

mind you-

and not to spoil any excitement!-

these shows are currently presented and ‘billed’ as Billy Corgan with The Spirits in the Sky….etc etc etc…

as far as we ‘officially’ know as per now:
      The Smashing Pumpkins are: BILLY CORGAN

however:
      these shows are NOT presented nor billed as:
      The Smashing Pumpkins….

i’d say: ‘hold your horses’!!!-

to me this sounds and ‘reeks’ like a genuine chance for Billy to keep the ‘spirit’ of and from the ‘memorial’ show alive, plus: to ‘road-test’ some of his new and recent tunes’—

under the ‘Billy Corgan’ bill and moniker, he can do whatever he likes, want, whatever; for sure: maybe éven more so, with the ‘help’ of/from The Spirits in the Sky…

under the ‘The Smashing Pumpkins’ bill and moniker, all would be high-profile news, headlines, major scrutiny and all…

i’d say we’re seeing a ‘ZWAN’-thingy here-
      – just start up and out small scale, intimate venues, maybe even kinda like- totally insanely small clubs or bars or whatever or last-minute gigs or open-mic stuff; just low-key…
      – here, there, anywhere; pop-up; pop-under…
      – get some buzz going, but nothing too big or crazy…
      – build upon that, let it grow, naturally…
      – test songs, structures, ideas, lyrics, themes; whatever on a live audience…
      – take note, evaluate it all; record the best; release those; as an EP; by what name?- that just HAS to be: The Smashing Pumpkins…
      – tadah!- keeping expectations low and still getting the feedback you need and want-
      – tadah!- maintaining the high-profile band-name and releasing when all is due!-

crazy idea?

just my two cents :)

Sven
      Spectator

as per now-
      as per as much as i know-

there are NO current plans for TOURING by THE SMASHING PUMPKINS-

<<< time will tell >>>

Anonymous
      Spectator

A little Tweetie Bird has said one, maybe two, appearances in London UK; 2010… I’m not sure, either way. :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

8)

Viewing 25 reply threads

The forum ‘Touring & Concert’ is closed to new topics and replies.