Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author

bullettwoutbutterflywings
      Spectator

Ha ? I dream about Porcelina, Thru The Eyes Of Ruby, Geek U.S.A…
      And You ?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I’m not super familiar with what didn’t get played on the tour. :( I really don’t even know what did get played either!

I think a bunch of the b-sides would have been awesome, and frail and bedazzled, pissant, and hello kitty kat. Those just kick so much ass.

Arthur
      Spectator

I’m hoping for Slunk and Marquis In Spades… To bang my head on! 8)

Fez
      Spectator

That would be highly unexpected :P

hbent
      Spectator

They already played Translucent, which I have to say is about as unexpected as anything they’ve ever played! That being said, this thread seems to have a consensus for the harder rocking songs, and I must concur. Bury Me would be awesome, a nice long Siva would be pretty sweet, and I totally agree with Fez who said Geek USA and Ruby. Of the more esoteric songs, I don’t know, they already played Set the Ray to Jerry which is one of my favorite SP songs ever but I couldn’t really get into the new arrangement. I guess my vote would be for Moleasskiss (I have no idea why they didn’t release that song) or Saturnine.

Fez
      Spectator

Of the more esoteric songs, I don’t know, they already played Set the Ray to Jerry which is one of my favorite SP songs ever but I couldn’t really get into the new arrangement. [/quote:14rctkg2]

Hmm, I thought that they played it quite the same as studio version ;).
      About new arrangements… I can not get into a new arrangement of Glass And The Ghost Children and Heavy metal Machine… but new Shame sounds damn good !

:)

Arthur
      Spectator

And what do you think of the new version of Ava Adore they played live, Fez? I kinda like it!

Fez
      Spectator

Yes, it is indeed very cool 8) !
      But I think quite similar version has been played already, in 1999 for example, I suppose :).

They already played Translucent, which I have to say is about as unexpected as anything they’ve ever played! That being said, this thread seems to have a consensus for the harder rocking songs, and I must concur. Bury Me would be awesome, a nice long Siva would be pretty sweet, and I totally agree with Fez who said Geek USA and Ruby. Of the more esoteric songs, I don’t know, they already played Set the Ray to Jerry which is one of my favorite SP songs ever but I couldn’t really get into the new arrangement. I guess my vote would be for Moleasskiss (I have no idea why they didn’t release that song) or Saturnine.[/quote:ndbv0o7q]

im with ya!

Fez
      Spectator

And what would yu say to acoustic This Time ? It sounded so freakin beautiful when Billy played it in Budokan Hall in June 2000. Or, maybe Wound ? This is also great song …

shampoo
      Spectator

What I want them to play or what they are more likely to play? I doubt they would ever play a lot of the songs I want to hear. So, based on soundchecks, I think they may play geek USA, thru the eyes of ruby, rhinoceros, bodies, mayonnaise (although he seemed to not want to play this song or soma when asked), wound, jellybelly, eye, siva

Fez
      Spectator

Yeah, I suppose they will not play mayonaise, neither soma as it is created also by James… that`s a shame, because it would be grat to hear these gems live… we will see what will it be :)

EDIT. Maybe Behold! The Nightmare ?? I love 1998 live version ! But assume if they played it this year, that would be different version. Or, To Forgive ! Amazing song…

Now that I think about it, we could speculate and give names of all SP songs… maybe it doesn`t have a point :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

they played thru the eyes of ruby when the played Radio City in 98.

so, what new songs were played?

i remember: porcelina, behold! the night mare, mayonaise, lily, my blue heaven, stellar and wound. and then a cover song here and there.

were there any more new songs on the 2008 tour? (i.e. songs that hadn’t been played in 2007.)

i hope so. it would be neat.

no, no, that’s not what i’m saying. i was wondering, did i miss any \"new\" songs so far? or were it just the songs i mentioned? (also, it’s not impossible that i made a mistake and listed a song they did play in 2007. if so, feel free to correct me.)

oooooooooh, ok. well for that i am not sure, someone else might know better than me. off the top of my head i can’t think of any.

Viewing 16 reply threads

The forum ‘Touring & Concert’ is closed to new topics and replies.