Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author

BleedingTheOrchid
      Spectator

All the credits for this topic go to Mdanaher on ThePumpkins.net for starting this subject a few days ago. Check it out here:

http://www.thepumpkins.net/forum/topic,2015.0/

I’m reposting my little part here, as we might have our own opinions about it.

\"What a great topic this is, thanks Mdanaher for starting it! We too wonder sometimes about this question. Would all the boards and sites around be checked by the band or their representitives? I’m almost sure about 1 thing: Netphoria is being followed. When that leaked Zeitgeist artwork was posted over there, it was removed in no time with a notification saying so, if I remember well. I’m not re-checking that, as I’m not fond of going there either.

But sites like SPFC and ours, would they be browsed? Does Billy’s financial guy count every release and then make an urgent phonecall to Virgin/Reprise to re-check the rights in South Africa, China, Argentina or Taiwan? And think of it, I truly believe ThePumpkins.net deserves an exclusive interview or something, as it is the largest SP-friendly fanbase around. As long as there is no official fanclub, I think this place is the \"second best thing\" in general. Or you might want to call SP dot com the official fanclub platform, but I’m not going that far. And with all respects, as we are working together with them sometimes, SPIFC is not that active and less attractive. This place is attractive.

Another thingy, related to this topic: In the old days on the homepage of SP dot com they put links to SPFC, SPIFC, Blamo and even Netphoria (I think this is the complete list, anyone correct me if I’m wrong) so they might consider doing such thing again.\"

hmm that is interesting. it’d be kinda strange really – d’you reckon we’re big enough to get watched by them yet :lol:

luxe
      Spectator

I agree with Arthur that Netphoria is being watched by the Pumpkins camp. I posted a few items regarding Veronica Grey and suddenly my IP address was banned and the posts deleted.

I also assume they watch myspace because around the same time my posts on Netphoria were deleted, all but 1 of the 5 profiles Veronica has posted about her supposed marriage to Billy were all deleted as well.

I cannot imagine how much manpower it must take. I, admittedly, am new to the forum world but it seems like it’d be really hard to try and watch every single site — but do agree they are doing damage control on certain issues.

~luxe

Arthur
      Spectator

hmm that is interesting. it’d be kinda strange really – d’you reckon we’re big enough to get watched by them yet :lol:[/quote:ql0q02ga]
      The SPfreaks Forum here? No. We exist less then 2 months only, with less than 50 members. Sweet ‘n’ cozy little board, nothing going on there, that’s what they think. Maybe in 2-3 years we’ll reach the bigger numbers and by then some rattlin’ & ramblin’ went on here I’m sure. So what do you expect for now?

The SPfreaks Collection website maybe? Yes, most probably it is browsed by people from Caroline, HUT, Delabel, Warner Brothers, Virgin of course, maybe Reprise already, and others like Chrysalis. Because that’s where the money is. The copyright, the booties info, the acetates, test pressings & inhouse promo’s that have reached the market but were not intended to be there. The Virgin copyright control people would be complete nutcases when they don’t use all that info. That’s why we never link a name of a contributor to a single item. Info? Yes. Our collecting friends in trouble? Never.

Arthur
      Spectator

I agree with Arthur that Netphoria is being watched by the Pumpkins camp. I posted a few items regarding Veronica Grey and suddenly my IP address was banned and the posts deleted.[/quote:1klrzi0f]
      Even your IP address banned, wow. Almost the same happened to me over there when I posted some info, but they thought it was an advertorial for our website. After the second time in a few weeks I was so fed up with them, I asked them to delete my login account. However they didn’t do that, as I went there for some little issues later again. I was still able to log in.

Why do you think "the Pumpkins camp" was involved? Makes no sense to me yet…

I agree with Arthur that Netphoria is being watched by the Pumpkins camp. I posted a few items regarding Veronica Grey and suddenly my IP address was banned and the posts deleted.[/quote:o9xzvpow]
      Even your IP address banned, wow. Almost the same happened to me over there when I posted some info, but they thought it was an advertorial for our website. After the second time in a few weeks I was so fed up with them, I asked them to delete my login account. However they didn’t do that, as I went there for some little issues later again. I was still able to log in.

Why do you thing "the Pumpkins camp" was involved? Makes no sense to me yet…[/quote:o9xzvpow] regarding VG? i reckon it’s protection… for both billy, the other pumpkins and her. i’m not involved with netphoria, but from what i’ve heard, things get out of hand and quite bad on there. if someone posted some stuff on there, the users may end up talking about killing her or something (extreme i know, but this stuff happens)

maybe luxe’s posts on netphoria were seen (incorrectly?) as spam? i personally don’t think the pumpkins or anyone related to them had something to do with it.

luxe
      Spectator

My post was almost the exact one I posted to here. It had no foul language, it was even less biased on the fact that I think she’s a nut then the one I posted here, and just asked what people thought.

I had 2 replies but by the time I went to get them my IP was banned. I wrote the moderator and never heard back.

Some of the stuff on there is really vulgar and totally off topic. So, I can’t figure out what I did to get myself banned as it was a truly benign post.

I just decided that it wasn’t the place for me and if the moderator won’t even tell me why I was banned then forget it.

I don’t know how much the Pumpkins \"media militia\" look for Pumpkin stuff on the Internet but all I know is my IP address was banned the very same day all of the myspace profiles that Veronica Grey had created were suddenly removed.

~luxe

My post was almost the exact one I posted to here. It had no foul language, it was even less biased on the fact that I think she’s a nut then the one I posted here, and just asked what people thought.

I had 2 replies but by the time I went to get them my IP was banned. I wrote the moderator and never heard back.

Some of the stuff on there is really vulgar and totally off topic. So, I can’t figure out what I did to get myself banned as it was a truly benign post.

I just decided that it wasn’t the place for me and if the moderator won’t even tell me why I was banned then forget it.

I don’t know how much the Pumpkins "media militia" look for Pumpkin stuff on the Internet but all I know is my IP address was banned the very same day all of the myspace profiles that Veronica Grey had created were suddenly removed.

~luxe[/quote:2iggctss]i feel a conspiracy coming on! (somebody please stop me)

no conspiracy superlord just common sense of people that wanna grab some money when they can. like arthur says they would be stupid to miss the information. and that luxe incident was just coincidence im sure

luxe
      Spectator

no conspiracy superlord just common sense of people that wanna grab some money when they can. like arthur says they would be stupid to miss the information. and that luxe incident was just coincidence im sure[/quote:2zddf9p1]

i still wonder why i was banned. i don’t understand what you mean by people wanna grab some money when they can. how do they make money by this? (sorry, i can be a real idiot and not understand what is right in front of my face and obvious). I’m not being sarcastic, I truly want to understand what you meant.

~luxe

ps/Your signature is probably my most favorite quote of the Pumpkins :)

i still wonder why i was banned. i don’t understand what you mean by people wanna grab some money when they can. how do they make money by this? (sorry, i can be a real idiot and not understand what is right in front of my face and obvious). I’m not being sarcastic, I truly want to understand what you meant.

~luxe

ps/Your signature is probably my most favorite quote of the Pumpkins :)[/quote:36re8xqo]
      hey thanks luxe! zero text is very cool huh i love that part about emptiness is loneliness and so on! sorry you misunderstood i meant to react on that part about the info in the spfreaks collection. if the record companies what you call the pumpkins camp is not using it to find copyright abuse then they would be stupid. if copied copyrighted cd’s turn up on here they can try to find the people, sue them and grab some money from them get it?

zero text is very cool huh i love that part about emptiness is loneliness and so on![/quote:26xhm9ff] oh! that reminds me – i’m not sure if he’s been doing it a lot or not, but when the line "emptiness is loneliness, lonliness is cleanliness, cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty, just like me" was sung during zero at reading, he replaced the word me with you. it gives a slightly different slant to the song, as well as maybe showing his christianity in a way?

pffffft superlord hard to answer… the magic of that part to me is i could never explain what he meant thats why i love it

luxe
      Spectator

pffffft superlord hard to answer… the magic of that part to me is i could never explain what he meant thats why i love it[/quote:1o04cn2t]

it’s intriguing that you say that. as a non-Christian, i just found it amusing. When Billy was dating Yelena and even through the TFE tour, he most definitely went back and forth on the subject. He definitely believed in something but he called it \"The Divine\" or something close to that. Now it seems he’s gone back to his traditional Christian roots, not just from the Zero thing but from a lot of Zeitgeist he uses the word God.

Funny since his supposed \"wife\" claims she is a Buddhist (and that is probably the only thing that has come out of her mouth that I would believe). I know a little off topic — but she now claims \"Stellar\" was written for her.

Thanks for answering me regarding my confusion on $$. I wasn’t thinking about them looking for stuff like that, I guess I was thinking more like someone doing damage control for the band. A publicity rep.

As usual — we never really know what he means but still love what he says.

Have a good night everyone,
      ~luxe

toad32r
      Spectator

I hope we are being watched…by Billy and Jimmy themselves! If they are watching, see you from the front in Detroit on Oct. 7th. I’ll be the one walking with a cane. REVOLUTION!!

Thanks for answering me regarding my confusion on $$. I wasn’t thinking about them looking for stuff like that, I guess I was thinking more like someone doing damage control for the band. A publicity rep.

As usual — we never really know what he means but still love what he says.

Have a good night everyone,
      ~luxe[/quote:zoal6cdi]
      yea i know what you mean luxe. but i wonder how they can do damage control by banning on forums they do not control get what i mean? i mean they have to contact the webmasters first or something. welll i just don’t know. its for sure i think that they are looking around everywhere to see whats going on

Viewing 16 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.