Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Superlordspamulon
      Keymaster

Well, I just received my copy of the Tarantula UK CD in the mail yesterday and popped it in immediately to hear DFA. I’m pleasantly surprised by it. The song title suggests that it may be an aggressive rocker, but it’s completey opposite. I really like the tune, how it keeps building (mostly by Jimmy’s drumming), and then kind of doesn’t go anywhere, climax-wise anyway. Reminds me of Suffer…

Also, the Pumpkins have done this before with Bullet with Butterfly Wings. Wasn’t Bullet the first song to be released off MCIS? And it’s B-side was Said Sadly, a complete contrast to the rock aspect of the band. I love it!

BTW, I’m still sticking to my story about Zeitgeist being a let down. Good, yes, but could have been better.

mmm yes i know
      i really like it too :)

toad32r
      Spectator

Yeah, i bought the yellow Zeitgeist, it is a good tune!

Arthur
      Spectator

Me too actually. See this video of Death From Above (piano only), it gives you the shivers. At least it did with me.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFa_QWIyfqQ[/youtube]

hah billy at the beginning :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

hah billy at the beginning :lol:[/quote:do51tz4p]
      being very playful :lol:

nice vid! remember the fanmade vid on pumpkins homepage? hahaha!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Thanks for posting that video Arthur. It makes me think that when the demos for Zeitgeist surface Death From Above will be a piano version from Billy’s basement or something.

Out of curiosity, I panned over in the bottom of the youtube frame to the Tarantula official ECW video. Why did the ECW do a version of this video? It’s a good video, has different footage of the band, but wrestling? What the hell?

Anonymous
      Spectator

manillascissor
      Keymaster

DFA was given to me by someone I love and it brings a strange, sad smile to my face every time I hear it. Great song![/quote:29jtug1n]

Strange, sad smile? I guess I understand. :? <—- does it look like that?

Anonymous
      Spectator

you probably already know this, but when i saw pumpkins at reading, they played DFA on piano :) that was a really great moment (apart from the drunken idiots yelling for zero during it :evil: they had alreayd played it by then!) but yes – one of the best moments of the night for me, up there with 1979 acoustic :)
      and yes, it is a great song :)

Viewing 11 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.