Viewing 62 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Spectator

Hey everyone,

Beginning this Sunday in all Target stores in the US (I am guessing Canada too) will be a TARGET EXCLUSIVE Smashing Pumpkins 7\" (featuring Celestials b/w Inkless (some unreleased version)) with a t-shirt. Price is $19.99. This is coming from someone who works directly at Target (not me).

You can search Ebay for Beatles Target Exclusive 7\" + T-shirt bundles that were out in November of last year, to get an idea of the packaging. Not sure how limited this will be.

Apparently there will be other acts too–Beach Boys, etc.

I’ll be hitting my local target this Sunday and hopefully they’ll mention it in the Sunday ad. But it’s interesting the the first official Oceania 7\" is a Target exclusive. Obviously for those of you overseas, we can work to hook you up, so you can avoid paying Ebay prices.

Shawn

marigold
      Spectator

cool :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

very awesome clue-in, shawn, thanks immensely for the heads up. and yes, i can also buy a few extras for anyone overseas. let me know.

Sven
      Spectator

manilla > could you secure a copy for me please?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

manilla > could you secure a copy for me please?[/quote:zvgtyozi]

yup

Arthur
      Spectator

very awesome clue-in, shawn, thanks immensely for the heads up. and yes, i can also buy a few extras for anyone overseas. let me know.[/quote:31temah3]
      Same compliments from me Shawn, you rock.

If there is enough stock, I would like a copy too. Shirt biggest size available, if that is an option. I can share shipment costs with Sven, since we live very close to each other. Almost walking distance. Almost. ;)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah, really it’s no big deal. i’ll buy everything, someone paypal me the cost plus shipping and it goes in the mail monday. :)

neutro
      Spectator

Hey everyone,

Beginning this Sunday in all Target stores in the US (I am guessing Canada too) will be a TARGET EXCLUSIVE Smashing Pumpkins 7" (featuring Celestials b/w Inkless (some unreleased version)) with a t-shirt. Price is $19.99. This is coming from someone who works directly at Target (not me).

You can search Ebay for Beatles Target Exclusive 7" + T-shirt bundles that were out in November of last year, to get an idea of the packaging. Not sure how limited this will be.

Apparently there will be other acts too–Beach Boys, etc.

I’ll be hitting my local target this Sunday and hopefully they’ll mention it in the Sunday ad. But it’s interesting the the first official Oceania 7" is a Target exclusive. Obviously for those of you overseas, we can work to hook you up, so you can avoid paying Ebay prices.

Shawn[/quote:w7agag2i]

Hi,

Sorry but I’m new here and I wanted to ask some things but I don’t know the right place to ask tose things. I mean…things like…I don’t know how to manage your owner / wanted / sell lists.
      Thanks for the answers ans sorry If I’m not in the right place for this kind of questions.
      Thanks again.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

It would be amazing if someone could secure a medium sie of this for me.

I would of course reward with cash and/or pumpkins items.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.x

JC.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry but I’m new here and I wanted to ask some things but I don’t know the right place to ask tose things. I mean…things like…I don’t know how to manage your owner / wanted / sell lists.
      Thanks for the answers ans sorry If I’m not in the right place for this kind of questions.
      Thanks again.[/quote:3cwi9eo4]

http://forum.spfreaks.com/viewtopic.php?t=841

check here. if you have questions, email is above.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

It would be amazing if someone could secure a medium sie of this for me.

I would of course reward with cash and/or pumpkins items.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.x

JC.[/quote:ct22d297]

Will see what i can do, John.

Total of 4 so far.

King of Gloom
      Spectator

It’d be awesome if you could hook me up with a copy too! Of course I will pay for the set and the shipping costs :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

6 copies.

Gossamer33
      Spectator

Hi manillascissor…… I’m new here….. but could you get me one too.?? :oops:

I understand if you can’t :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I understand if you can’t :)[/quote:1v6skjnl]

I cannot. But! Ask CollectsPumpkins. I have no more money.

a TARGET EXCLUSIVE Smashing Pumpkins 7" (featuring Celestials b/w Inkless (some unreleased version)) with a t-shirt. Price is $19.99.[/quote:12nqx7qv]
      is any more info known about this? or will this just show up in stores on sunday?

Sven
      Spectator

yeah, really it’s no big deal. i’ll buy everything, someone paypal me the cost plus shipping and it goes in the mail monday. :)[/quote:2itia922]

thanks, if there are different sizes shirt, make it a small for me please.

King of Gloom
      Spectator

Thanks manillascissor! I’ll send you a PM!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

a TARGET EXCLUSIVE Smashing Pumpkins 7" (featuring Celestials b/w Inkless (some unreleased version)) with a t-shirt. Price is $19.99.[/quote:xltcumk0]
      is any more info known about this? or will this just show up in stores on sunday?[/quote:xltcumk0]

i think (personal opinion here) there is no information leading up to this release. probably tons of information after it is released. the fact we are discussing it is because an employee found out and now they will surely sell out!

kinda like the rsd releases. not one person knew about those until rsd. well, except the people who made it. ;)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I understand if you can’t :)[/quote:pt8bn8s0]

Did anyone respond to you, g-fresh?

Gossamer33
      Spectator

I understand if you can’t :)[/quote:19g7krvg]

Did anyone respond to you, g-fresh?[/quote:19g7krvg]

AHHHHHHH it’s all good :)

I’ll just wait and see what happens…… maybe they’ll release it in Australia too….. fingers crossed.!! :shock:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

IMPORTANT MESSAGE UPDATE:

I don’t have enough money to SHIP these items. Plus, some countries I will need to require registered shipping, because otherwise, there is no guarantee. Matter of fact, registered would be nice on all of these international orders, but I’ll leave that up to each individual person.

Point being, expect some sort of \"bill\" on Monday when I can go to the Post Office and figure the exact shipping to each person. After that, please pay IMMEDIATELY, or else your order could be delayed in shipping until November 1st. I only have until this Friday to get these out, and PayPal typically takes 3-4 days to transfer into an account.

Thanks!

Fingers crossed everyone gets what they want!

davidp2007
      Spectator

Has anyone actually called Target regarding this release? My gf is from LA and she still has friends there that could get us a copy, so I have been trying to call stores in the LA area. I called a few the other day and they had no idea what I was talking about. One guy was so confused he suggested I speak to the seasonal department, think I was talking about actual Pumpkins or decorations lol.

The other day, the West Hollywood store claimed they weren’t getting it and I should call back Tuesday. Well we called back today instead and they informed us that Target stores never got vinyl, that they would have thought that sort of thing would be online only. So I don’t know what’s going on.

Would the original poster be able to give us more insights into this?

marigold
      Spectator

I went in the Target in San Francisco today and they didn’t know about it (entertainment section too), but I have had them hold one til Wednesday when I get back from the wilderness (Yosemite) but I have no idea if they will hold it for me really.
      SP themselves tweeted about it so yeah it’s happening! 8)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Has anyone actually called Target regarding this release? My gf is from LA and she still has friends there that could get us a copy, so I have been trying to call stores in the LA area. I called a few the other day and they had no idea what I was talking about. One guy was so confused he suggested I speak to the seasonal department, think I was talking about actual Pumpkins or decorations lol.

The other day, the West Hollywood store claimed they weren’t getting it and I should call back Tuesday. Well we called back today instead and they informed us that Target stores never got vinyl, that they would have thought that sort of thing would be online only. So I don’t know what’s going on.

Would the original poster be able to give us more insights into this?[/quote:8tm7r4wf]

i heard all of this tonight, david.

"we don’t have that" – yeah you do
      "we don’t carry vinyl" – yeah you do
      "have you tried bestbuy or walmart?" – it’s a target exclusive
      "you mean oceania?" – no
      "let me check my list here…" – it’s not on there
      "i’ll check in the back, but…"

walks out with 3 everytime. you had to be EXTREMELY persistent tonight. tomorrow, i’m sure they will be all over the shelves. each location (i visited 3) only had 3 MAX. the last one only had one. so if you want one tomorrow, go early.

secondly, this doesn’t mean more aren’t coming in. but with only 3, i don’t know man, seems pretty limited. i was able to get 6 copies plus one for myself, as promised. more information to be dispatched on monday regarding payment/shipping.

all copies i have come with a L/XL shirt. no variables.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

anyone care if i open their copy before sending it on? just want to scan everything, but want to keep my copy sealed. if you have no problem with this, let me know ASAP, thanks!

davidp2007
      Spectator

Would the original poster be able to give us more insights into this?[/quote:3qru5tq7]

i heard all of this tonight, david.

"we don’t have that" – yeah you do
      "we don’t carry vinyl" – yeah you do
      "have you tried bestbuy or walmart?" – it’s a target exclusive
      "you mean oceania?" – no
      "let me check my list here…" – it’s not on there
      "i’ll check in the back, but…"

walks out with 3 everytime. you had to be EXTREMELY persistent tonight. tomorrow, i’m sure they will be all over the shelves. each location (i visited 3) only had 3 MAX. the last one only had one. so if you want one tomorrow, go early.

secondly, this doesn’t mean more aren’t coming in. but with only 3, i don’t know man, seems pretty limited. i was able to get 6 copies plus one for myself, as promised. more information to be dispatched on monday regarding payment/shipping.

all copies i have come with a L/XL shirt. no variables.[/quote:3qru5tq7]
      That’s ridiculous that they wouldn’t know that even with it in their own store. I surely hope there is more than 3 copies per store. What area were you buying these in? I thought it was being sold Sunday but you are the second person I have read that has purchased it on Saturday.

I have a few people in LA that will be on the look for it on my gf and I’s behalf. I am wondering if I should contact people in other regions that I know to try to look too.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

depending on where you live, i’d expect up to (perhaps) 10 copies per store. like a major metropolitan area. i went around eastern tennessee. not super populated areas, but i found four targets! :)

i think the reason they have no idea is because it is being released the day their inventory list comes out. so tomorrow, they will know. that’s just a bizarre guess though. two guys checked their paper inventory lists, neither one had it on there.

you may want to just reach out to someone in a more remote area, like me. they’ll only have 3 copies or whatever, but hey, you can buy em all!

again, there could potentially be MANY more on the way. it’s impossible to know just yet. the guy with one said to check back monday. so i will. :) i guess my advice is, if you don’t get one tomorrow, just keep checking back. you never know. they obviously don’t.

good luck!

Arthur
      Spectator

anyone care if i open their copy before sending it on? just want to scan everything, but want to keep my copy sealed. if you have no problem with this, let me know ASAP, thanks![/quote:16am3wyq]
      You can open my copy and scan everything.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

anyone care if i open their copy before sending it on? just want to scan everything, but want to keep my copy sealed. if you have no problem with this, let me know ASAP, thanks![/quote:2ricv6b6]
      You can open my copy and scan everything.[/quote:2ricv6b6]

thanks bro. will do now.

Arthur
      Spectator

Just to get an idea how ‘limited’ this release is, how many Target shops are there in the US? Funny to read that they don’t sell vinyl (we don’t carry vinyl – yes you do lol), and still this chain of stores was chosen for this release. Or does it work the other way round maybe? That Target asked SP to host this release?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

if you remember, they also released an exclusive zeitgeist. i don’t know how it works, but they do exclusives, exclusively, seemingly.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

it’s up for everyone’s viewing pleasure. :)

http://spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=3769

manillascissor
      Keymaster

the code on the sleeve of the 7\" is different than that of the release. i’ll correct that later. too tired of it right now.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Is it possible one of the copies is for me?
      If so,you’re an absolute star.

Just let me know what i owe you and i’ll sent the money immediatly.

Thanks.

davidp2007
      Spectator

I would be willing to Paypal someone the cost of the vinyl/shirt and the shipping if they can find it. It’s kind of strange that a couple of people were able to find it yesterday and I heard from one person in Detroit that they found it today. But it sounds like each store is indeed only getting 3 copies each but most stores aren’t carrying it yet.

We called some more stores in California again. The one in Northridge, California (in the San Fernando Valley) said there was none in stock at any target in a 50 mile radius, that includes the LA area and Ventura County. They said to call back Tuesday. I have read that someone in Columbus, OH also couldn’t find any in all of Columbus.

According to a fan who couldn’t find it in Columbus on the O-Boards, ask Target to look up the following product code if they say don’t know anything about it: 012170217

it’s up for everyone’s viewing pleasure. :)

http://spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=3769[/quote:3lkxxw7o]
      thanks, man. 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

An hour ago someone put a copy on eBay.

any one got a spare copy to ship to the UK, available now? This would be a amazing, i have payapal :) :D

littlecacti
      Spectator

checked all three targets in delaware and none have it :( i have friends in other states on the lookout for me! hope i can find it!

Gossamer33
      Spectator

I wish it was released in Australia.!!!! :(

Collectspumpkins
      Spectator

This product code is KEY: 012170217

Went to a few different Target stores. Here is the key thing to get this.

1) Go either to the electronics department or customer service
      2) Ask them to do a \"Merchandise Lookup\" ON THE CASH REGISTER (Ensure that they *do not* try to look up the stock/inventory on the handheld looking price checker thing)
      3) GIve them the product ID–012170217
      4) It will tell them that they have them in stock (or not) and which stores within a certain square mile radius will have them in stock.

This does work, so if you called or visited stores today, please try this. Each store I tried had no more than 3 copies in stock. Surprisingly there are some \"popular\" Target stores that did not get this. I am not sure what Target uses as the selection to determine which stores get which stock, but there are stores that I thought would for sure have this in, but did not. (FYI…I am in the Washington, DC metro area, which has a combined 8 million people between here and Baltimore)…….I have a few more stores to check tomorrow.

Arthur
      Spectator

For the international collectors:

Currently there are 3 on eBay. The first one is highly anticipated ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/130784590243 ), but I expect them all to go beyond face value. Keep asking your friends in the US, there are probably still many Target stores with ‘hidden’ stock. Good luck hunting them down everybody!

For the US hunters, there are always Target stores nearby (except for Vermont).

Check out all addresses of Target stores here.

http://www.target.com/store-locator/state-listing

Target does not sell this vinyl online (yet). I doubt it if they ever will.

King of Gloom
      Spectator

I never thought these would be so limited!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I never thought these would be so limited![/quote:3rfqy9l5]

they really aren’t. check the collecting thread. also, wait until tuesday. :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

CONFIRMATION UPDATE

These user names have a copy waiting to be sent to them (in order of request):

SPfreaks:

Sven
      Arthur
      jawn till dusk
      King of Gloom

Not on SPfreaks:

UK Customer (Lewis)
      CL Customer (Villarelo)

Here’s the deal. If you still want it, great. It’s yours. Expect more communication from me later today. If, for some reason, you found another copy or do not want it anymore, let me know ASAP please because I’ve had people asking me for many more.

Also, if you personally want to help out the international community, you can contact me and I can put you in touch with people I had to turn away.

To those I had to turn away, I just ran out of money. Sorry!

if anyone else has a spare copy, i’m also interested.

[edit: request filled – no longer looking for a copy]

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

Here’s my contribution to the discussion. Target employees are not with it. There is little communication regarding this release. I bought my copy, but it was a hassle. I couldn’t find it on the shelf after 10min of looking. The first guy I asked directed me to the Halloween section. The next guy tried to look it up on the handheld scanner (didn’t work). I had to have Guest Services look up the code

on their computer/register (till). Once they did this, they determined that it was in the back stock room. I’m assuming that most stores are in a similar position. My store only had 3 copies. Apparently every store within a 25 mile radius either got 3 copies or none. You have your choice of S/M or L/XL for the shirt and I think that it is glow in the dark. Maybe I will wear this when I take my kids out trick or treating 8)

I hope this helps anyone trying to get a copy. The single is nice but the picture sleeve is very small.

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

Now that I’m thinking about it, it’s funny that Target employees don’t seem to think that they carry vinyl. I’ve purchased the Pearl Jam – Backspacer vinyl LP as a Target exclusive. I’ve also purchased the Beatles t-shirt/7\" exclusive box sets that they sold last year.

But this does have the word pumpkin in the description, so it should probably be with Halloween decorations or costumes since it has a shirt inside. BOOOOO

You have your choice of S/M or L/XL for the shirt and I think that it is glow in the dark.

The single is nice but the picture sleeve is very small.[/quote:9uwn5apb]
      thanks for all the info.
      interesting to see that they also have s/m, and not just l/xl.

weren’t the sleeves for the gish and/or siamese dream reissues too small? (i can’t remember which reissue it was.)

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

CAVEAT: I can’t actually confirm that there is in fact a S/M because I only saw the one they guy brought out from the back for me to buy (which was a L/XL) I heard him on the walkie talkie talking to guest services asking which of the sizes I wanted.

RE: the picture sleeve. It’s not too small for the record. It’s probably cut to exactly fit the single. The width is fine and holds the vinyl perfectly. It is just alot shorter than most sleeves. So when I put the record in an inner paper sleeve, the inner sticks out of the top by quite a bit.

RE: the picture sleeve. It’s not too small for the record. It’s probably cut to exactly fit the single. The width is fine and holds the vinyl perfectly. It is just alot shorter than most sleeves. So when I put the record in an inner paper sleeve, the inner sticks out of the top by quite a bit.[/quote:qrz6xmq8]
      ok, that doesn’t sound as bad as those reissue sleeves.

Arthur
      Spectator

User bosmanad on SP.com forum states this just 10 minutes ago.

Hi, I have an update on this. I live in Minneapolis, and have many contacts at corporate. I was able to get in contact w/ the music team on this.

Only select Target Stores will be getting these, and there will NOT be more of them made. The stores in question will get approx (3) each of all the artists involved. They should be in the Music Section. Though they are supposed to be out Sunday (yesterday), most will probably get put out Tuesday w/ new releases (because the have to re-arrange planograms). You will need to call around and use the following DPCI code: 012-17-0217

If they give you guff, ask that someone check the back. Target’s should be doing this as a customer service. If not; ask for the Lead on Duty.[/quote:2lk8mh49]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

User bosmanad on SP.com forum states this just 10 minutes ago.

Hi, I have an update on this. I live in Minneapolis, and have many contacts at corporate. I was able to get in contact w/ the music team on this.

Only select Target Stores will be getting these, and there will NOT be more of them made. The stores in question will get approx (3) each of all the artists involved. They should be in the Music Section. Though they are supposed to be out Sunday (yesterday), most will probably get put out Tuesday w/ new releases (because the have to re-arrange planograms). You will need to call around and use the following DPCI code: 012-17-0217

If they give you guff, ask that someone check the back. Target’s should be doing this as a customer service. If not; ask for the Lead on Duty.[/quote:13vaufqm][/quote:13vaufqm]

i must say, all target staff i’ve engaged have been fucking outstanding!

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Funds sent! :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

Lots more pop up on eBay, most of them way beyond face value. I’ve even seen one asking 100 bucks ‘Buy It Now’. Why am I not surprised… :(

King of Gloom
      Spectator

There’s a lot of bidding going on for these sets! One is almost at $65 with 1 day and 10 hours to go… :o

CAVEAT: I can’t actually confirm that there is in fact a S/M because I only saw the one they guy brought out from the back for me to buy (which was a L/XL) I heard him on the walkie talkie talking to guest services asking which of the sizes I wanted.[/quote:djt2caeh]
      has the S/M size been confirmed in the mean time? or do all copies have L/XL so far?

also, this L/XL, is this one size, something between L and XL? or do some boxes contain an L, and do others have an XL t-shirt? (or do they all contain an XL t-shirt?)

King of Gloom
      Spectator

CAVEAT: I can’t actually confirm that there is in fact a S/M because I only saw the one they guy brought out from the back for me to buy (which was a L/XL) I heard him on the walkie talkie talking to guest services asking which of the sizes I wanted.[/quote:2jg3ksrw]
      has the S/M size been confirmed in the mean time? or do all copies have L/XL so far?

also, this L/XL, is this one size, something between L and XL? or do some boxes contain an L, and do others have an XL t-shirt? (or do they all contain an XL t-shirt?)[/quote:2jg3ksrw]

I guess it’s between L and XL. It would be odd to just randomly put L or XL sized t-shirts in those boxes haha!

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

This came out 2 years ago today.

Thanks Derek!

:D :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

This came out 2 years ago today.

Thanks Derek!

:D :wink:[/quote:1udmic7p]

anytime, john! glad to help. plus i have like 4 more copies if anyone is interested!!!

Viewing 62 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.