Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

confuciousconfusing
      Spectator

I have been listening to the new tune for a few days now… VERY IMPRESSED!!! Not to downplay Zeitgeist in any way, but for the most part G.L.O.W. kills it. (to me at least) What do u all think?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I finally rooted around and found the mp3 of G.L.O.W. Kinda gave it a once through listen, nothing special. Then I listened a second time. And a third. Then it finally hit me.

The Smashing Pumpkins are back!

I was thinking, what other band is writing material like this right now in today’s musical climate? I still haven’t been able to answer this question. Call it American Gothic, call it whatever you want. I like to call it the Smashing Pumpkins.

After G.L.O.W., I no longer feel like I’m listening to Billy and Jimmy (plus two stage hands). Feels like a cohesive band again, making a musical statement that matters. The only album that truly matched exactly with the times was MCIS. Everyone got it, and it was hailed as a masterpiece because of the diversity, depth, and catchiness of the singles.

Honestly, I feel like I’m listening to the first single off the band’s newest album (I wish that were the case). But, I’m loving the feel of the band vs. what I felt about Zeitgeist, which was just Billy and Jimmy. I’m excited again!

Long live the Smashing Pumpkins!

toad32r
      Spectator

I dont know what exactly what it is, but the vibe from the tune is awesome.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I love this song..I don’t know how he does it, I can feel it!!
      The music and lyrics just flow through your entire body :)
      instant gratification from the beginning:)

toad32r
      Spectator

I’ve been looking for the mp3, can’t find it anywhere

toad32r
      Spectator

blueczarina
      Spectator

i have been listening to GLOW a lot lately too and its been pretty much stuck in my head for days. its good song. i like it. :)

Pipoka
      Spectator

http://rapidshare.com/files/149387997/GLOW.mp3.html

If anyone wants it[/quote:17hjd9f7]

thanks toad !!!! :D

amnesia
      Spectator

I really like G.L.O.W.The live version is even better :D
      And thanks toad for the tune :wink:

i love this song. it starts out slow, then builds momentum to the end which is great, i have it stuck in my head right now. there are so many parts i love about the song.

and i am enjoying the studio version, cause you can hear all the little things (nuances, diffrent sounds, soft vocals) that billy adds in, plus the backing vocals are more easily heard than in the live version.

i love how billy melds all the diffrent sounds together to make a really awesome song. it makes me realize and apreciate how much work he does to put out a song, or an album, whch i can not hardly wait for.

toad32r
      Spectator

I love the way the bass runs through the song, heavy bass riff… starts the song great too.

Anonymous
      Spectator

yeah!! I hope they have some more deep driven bass in some new songs…
      That’s what captures me in right away.

toad32r
      Spectator

A lot of ppl are writing that they don’t like the song on different sites. Im actually really suprised.

Pipoka
      Spectator

I love the way the bass runs through the song, heavy bass riff… starts the song great too.[/quote:ebc1mzof]

That’s my favorite feature of the song too…

Anonymous
      Spectator

A lot of ppl are writing that they don’t like the song on different sites. Im actually really suprised.[/quote:3bovbgix]
      some people just want a specific style-that would be my guess…

ppl can’t get off thier zeitgiest hate horse. zietgist was good, not sd or mellon collie, but it was good, and this song is going back to the greatness of the past, but with a keen eye on the future, and people can’t wrap thier tiny little brains around that.

in about 6 months all of those haters will be apreciaters, and say that they loved it all along.

blueczarina
      Spectator

ppl can’t get off thier zeitgiest hate horse. zietgist was good, not sd or mellon collie, but it was good, and this song is going back to the greatness of the past, but with a keen eye on the future, and people can’t wrap thier tiny little brains around that.

in about 6 months all of those haters will be apreciaters, and say that they loved it all along.[/quote:1t07ufv4]

sounds about right. :wink:

i will say its not there best track, but it still is pretty awesome and it has been stuck in my head for days now. i love Billy vocals on it and the bass. its cool.

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

I love GLOW but for the newer stuff, I like The Rose March a lot more than GLOW. I got to see both of them live in the August tour, and they both were quite amazing live.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I love GLOW but for the newer stuff, I like The Rose March a lot more than GLOW. I got to see both of them live in the August tour, and they both were quite amazing live.[/quote:1c85wiod]
      In what city did you see the show?? I was at Davenport and yes agreed The Rose March was awesome-the whole show was awe-mazing. I loved G.L.O.W. from the moment I head it live..those lyrics-just love em

Viewing 18 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.