Viewing 45 reply threads
  • Author

bullettwoutbutterflywings
      Spectator

Is there a line of lyrics that stands out over the rest? One that means more than the rest?

(Sp or not)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

such a general question!!! what do you propose, toad? what lyrics do you like?

Anonymous
      Spectator

toad32r
      Spectator

Well…

\"Suffer\"

\"All of your struggles beneath your diguise, drink from the reasons that hold you alive\"

\"Soma\"

\"Wrapped my hurt in you, and took my shelter in that pain, the opiate of blame is your broken heart\"

\"Mayonaise\"

\"I send a heart to all my drearies, when your life is so so dreary… DREAM!\"

\"Behold, The Nightmare\"\"Meladori Magpie\"

WHOLE SONGS

\"Aeroplane Flies High\"

\"I’ve always been afraid to die, but i think i’m more afraid to live\"

\"Wound\"

\"Last night i turned around and thought i saw myself turning\"

There are alot more, but these stick out…

toad32r
      Spectator

\"If There is a God\"

\"If there is a God, I know he likes to rock!\"

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i’ll have to pontificate to find some worthwhile/meaningful.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

one i really like (funny):

you’ve made me an offer that i can refuse, cause either way i get screwed, counterproposal; i go home and jerk off, ugh!

Pipoka
      Spectator

"If There is a God"

"If there is a God, I know he likes to rock!"[/quote:1sq2zo5q]

that’s definatelly one of my favorites !

toad32r
      Spectator

\"Zeitgeist\"

\"I ache from the center out\" I just like the line(????)

Alekflyfire
      Spectator

Try, Try, Try

try to hold on
      to this heart
      a little bit longer
      try to hold on
      to this love
      aloud
      try to hold on
      for this heart’s
      a little bit colder
      try to hold on
      to this love

paperback scrawl your hidden poem
      written around the dried out flowers
      here we are still trading places
      to try to hold on

Pipoka
      Spectator

I send my echo out
      To get your love without
      Obscured reflections of
      Of my secret love

Force down the words about
      To get your love without
      Obscured reflections of my love

i like these very much :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

\"The surreal and suspect dream
      I want to clearly remember it, but I can’t.
      The dream lives in me.
      My desires control me.
      My thoughts follow.
      What is it that stops me from killing, from thinking, from recognizing my destiny?
      Nothing, absolutely nothing.\"

10 kudos to the person that knows from which Pumpkins track this comes from.

It is Spoken #4 from the Early 1989 Demos 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

It is Spoken #4 from the Early 1989 Demos 8)[/quote:173nu27g]
      8 kudos for the answers (because it is partly wrong :P ) but another 5 for speed. 8)

The Pumpkins never released something called "Early 1989 Demos". It is Spoken #4 from the Moon tape. Nevertheless, you are a walking Pumpkinography you are. :lol:

It is Spoken #4 from the Early 1989 Demos 8)[/quote:1quxmj5w]
      8 kudos for the answers (because it is partly wrong :P ) but another 5 for speed. 8)

The Pumpkins never released something called "Early 1989 Demos". It is Spoken #4 from the Moon tape. Nevertheless, you are a walking Pumpkinography you are. :lol:[/quote:1quxmj5w]

Yes… of course. I didn’t google the lyrics at all. *Ahem*

Pipoka
      Spectator

It is Spoken #4 from the Early 1989 Demos 8)[/quote:3n04ohjz]

ahahahahah you’re a cheater just like me! :P

i was looking for it and saw that too ;)

Arthur
      Spectator

You guys like to play games don’t you? Here’s another one. Which track, and released on what?

\"If there’s pain in hell, I’m feeling it today
      Wishing I were seven in a children’s heaven\"

The song is I Fall
      Don’t know the release

Pipoka
      Spectator

1988 – Billy’s father’s home studio

I only found this… :P

I only found this… :P[/quote:1077k0ut]
      Yeah i found that too…. don’t think it counts though :|

Pipoka
      Spectator

I only found this… :P[/quote:napbvbld]
      Yeah i found that too…. don’t think it counts though :|[/quote:napbvbld]

i know :lol:
      i think we are looking for the answers at the same place :P

i think we are looking for the answers at the same place :P[/quote:35fahbbp]
      SPFC? :lol:

Pipoka
      Spectator

Yeah! :D

Arthur
      Spectator

Tssss guys… come on! SPFC is wrong on the year of I Fall (which is indeed the right track), you MUST know that by now. Also they do not provide full info on which track is released where. But… who does? Hinted enough? :wink:

Tssss guys… come on! SPFC is wrong on the year of I Fall (which is indeed the right track), you MUST know that by now. Also they do not provide full info on which track is released where. But… who does? Hinted enough? :wink:[/quote:2ecuepbm]
      Yes, but you do not get any links when i google the lyrics.
      Seriously, only SPFC has the lyrics for I Fall. At least, they are the only ones on google…

Arthur
      Spectator

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Cupid bought a gun and gonna go the fuck off

darcysiva
      Spectator

\"Too late to turn back now I’m running out of sound and I am changing, changing and if we died right now this fool you love somehow is here with you\" – Galapagos

\"There are some things I’ll live without but I want you to know that I need you right now\" – In the Arms of Sleep

\"The wait hurts worse than the blows\" – Stellar

\"So may you come with your own knives you’ll never take me alive\" – Behold! The Night Mare

\"no more promise, no more sorrow, no longer will I follow can anybody hear me I just want to be me\" – Mayonaise

\"Do what you gotta do, and say what you gotta say, do what you gotta do start today\" – Window Paine

toad32r
      Spectator

Mayonaise… BEST SP SONG EVER !!!! (To me, at least)

Arthur
      Spectator

Mayonaise… BEST SP SONG EVER !!!! (To me, at least)[/quote:19hqo7nr]
      Soma, then Mayonaise follows very close (on my list), so yes I agree! :D

darcysiva
      Spectator

Oh man I forgot about Soma. Too many songs/lyrics are close to my heart <3

Arthur
      Spectator

Oh man I forgot about Soma. Too many songs/lyrics are close to my heart <3[/quote:8veq4ocd]
      "Nothing left to say
      And all I’ve left to do
      Is run away
      From you
      And she led me on, down
      With secrets I can’t keep

Close your eyes and sleep
      Don’t wait up for me
      Hush now don’t you speak
      To me

Wrapped my hurt in you
      And took my shelter in that pain
      The opiate of blame
      Is your broken heart, your heart

So now I’m all by myself
      As I’ve always felt
      I’ll betray my tears
      To anyone caught in our ruse of fools

One last kiss for me…yeah
      One last kiss good night

Didn’t want to lose you once again
      Didn’t want to be your friend
      Fulfilled a promise made of tin
      And crawled back to you

I’m all by myself
      As I’ve always felt
      I’ll betray myself
      To anyone, lost, anyone but you

So let the sadness come again
      On that you can depend on me, yeah
      Until the bitter, bitter end of the world, yeah
      When god sleeps in bliss

And I’m all by myself
      As I’ve always felt
      And I’ll betray myself
      To anyone"

What else can I say darcysiva… 8)
      No really, this song makes me speachless.

darcysiva
      Spectator

I’m with you Arthur all the way. I mean I compare \"Soma\" to some of the songs off Zeitgeist and I just get.. sad. Not to start the debate does Zeitgeist suck or not — I think its decent but when I compare it to the older stuff I don’t know if any of the songs there have the heart that their earlier work really had.

Best line in Soma \"So let the sadness come again, On that you can depend on me yeah, until the bitter bitter end of the world year, when god sleeps in bliss\" – ALWAYS loved this line. :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah I very much agree darcysiva. I’m hoping the plans of Billy will get through later this year, to get back to the roots of the Smashing Pumpkins and play that stuff again. I’m definately going to see that \"Siamese Dream Revisited Tour\" gigs somewhere!

But did you ever ask yourself the question \"Why is Siamese Dream always the album to compare?\" I couldn’t properly answer that question… It’s just fucking great. And incomparable. So I try to see each other album on it’s own.

And my favourite lines of Soma would be \"Wrapped my hurt in you And took my shelter in that pain The opiate of blame Is your broken heart, your heart\", and when I put on Vieuphoria DVD to check that song… brrrr….

And your Mayonaise lines are awesome too… Read again, beautiful!

\"no more promise, no more sorrow, no longer will I follow can anybody hear me I just want to be me\"

darcysiva
      Spectator

I guess most people compare the new stuff to SD because that was \"the big\" album. For me, its MCIS. But I really love SD. Well all the albums in their own way like you said Arthur. But the \"deeper\" songs like Soma, Mayonaise, Thru The Eyes of Ruby, Porcelina, Drown — those really stand out for me. The \"epic\" songs you know?

And I think Adore is brilliant. Its a shame it was seen as a failure. I was watching one of the documentaries or I read something where Billy said he wished they would have just stopped after the MCIS tour, with the death of his mom and his divorce and Melvoin’s death all sort of around that tour (give or take).

But I for one am so glad they DID make Adore (and toured for it as it was my first time seeing SP!) that album hits me like no other… in a different way than Gish or SD or MCIS or even Machina does.

I could go on forever about how much I love each album in its own way though :) … even Zeitgeist which is sort of low on the SP CD totem pole for me. Though I have to say i LOVE Ma Belle, Zeitgeist and Stellar. Those should have been on the first official release and .. there should have just been ONE release not a rainbow of releases imo.

Arthur
      Spectator

… The "epic" songs you know? And I think Adore is brilliant. … [/quote:1oyc0ywk]
      Yes I know. Also United States, or Gossamer, or the new version (late 2007 tour version) of Heavy Metal Machine, I Am One with the long rant in the old days… I love it. And Adore is indeed brilliant, it had to grow on me when it came out, but yes, Tear, Pug, Ava Adore… awesome. We seem to be almost on the same level when it comes to the Smashing Pumpkins, cool.

Pipoka
      Spectator

… The "epic" songs you know? And I think Adore is brilliant. … [/quote:3b9rg01l]
      Yes I know. Also United States, or Gossamer, or the new version (late 2007 tour version) of Heavy Metal Machine, I Am One with the long rant in the old days… I love it. And Adore is indeed brilliant, it had to grow on me when it came out, but yes, Tear, Pug, Ava Adore… awesome. We seem to be almost on the same level when it comes to the Smashing Pumpkins, cool.[/quote:3b9rg01l]

Love Gossamer… 8)

Pipoka
      Spectator

… The "epic" songs you know? And I think Adore is brilliant. … [/quote:a1cwz6lv]
      Yes I know. Also United States, or Gossamer, or the new version (late 2007 tour version) of Heavy Metal Machine, I Am One with the long rant in the old days… I love it. And Adore is indeed brilliant, it had to grow on me when it came out, but yes, Tear, Pug, Ava Adore… awesome. We seem to be almost on the same level when it comes to the Smashing Pumpkins, cool.[/quote:a1cwz6lv]

Love Gossamer… 8)
      I’m actually listening Gossamer (live at Oeiras Alive, the concert in Lisbon last year…)

Sorry for the double post, but i don’t know how to delete it !

Arthur
      Spectator

Love Gossamer… 8)
      I’m actually listening Gossamer (live at Oeiras Alive, the concert in Lisbon last year…)[/quote:iqiatsmr]
      Funny, yesterday I did the same, repeatingly listening to Gossamer from the Rock am Ring Germany performance… awesome version, with that Scorpions guy playing with the Pumpkins!

darcysiva
      Spectator

Agreed ;)

Pipoka
      Spectator

I saw that on youtube ;)
      it’s nice indeed but i don’t know why, i prefer listening the version i have. Probably because i was there, and remember this…

Back to the topic, i love rocket lyrics…

\"Consume my love devoure my hate
      Only powers my escape\"

8)

Arthur
      Spectator

I prefer listening the version i have. Probably because i was there, and remember this… 8)[/quote:4q483c4o]
      Sure, that’s understandable!

i know some of this is already up, but here this is………..

No more promise no more sorrow
      No longer will I follow
      Can anybody hear me
      I just want to be me
      When I can, I will
      Try to understand
      That when I can, I will

bullet

Sickboy
      Spectator

I’m definately going to see that "Siamese Dream Revisited Tour" gigs somewhere! [/quote:28u6xkfe]
      hm I think I missed something… any more info on that?

Arthur
      Spectator

I’m definately going to see that "Siamese Dream Revisited Tour" gigs somewhere! [/quote:2ha7q0sa]
      hm I think I missed something… any more info on that?[/quote:2ha7q0sa]

Haha, it’s just a name I made up myself Sickboy, Billy didn’t call it like that. But he did announce going on tour later this year, play only small venues and return to the roots of the Pumpkins music. Who can back me up on that one?

yes i read that also, i think it was in an interview, the one in the uk i want to say, but not for sure on the place where it was said, but i know that they did say that. they also said that they would do diffrent era shows, so there will be gish, sd, mcis, adore, machina… so i am super excited about that. we need a jump up and down smiley for the super exited people.

Viewing 45 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.