Viewing 127 reply threads
  • Author

confuciousconfusing
      Keymaster

If it’s raining, and you have to run 100 yards (a football field length) to get to your car, should you:

A) Run, or
      B) Walk

Which method truly gets you there with less moisture?

I believe Brainiac: Science Abuse did an experiment based on that. I believe the result was that you ended up about the same wetness.

Although running would get you out of the rain quicker, so it is favorable.

I believe Brainiac: Science Abuse did an experiment based on that. I believe the result was that you ended up about the same wetness.

Although running would get you out of the rain quicker, so it is favorable.[/quote:15nyj3w8]

i agree with you, Mythbusters did an experiment on this too :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

Well how hard is it raining-
      Heavy
      moderate
      or light?

i like walking in the rain, so i would walk, not run. i don’t care if i get wet.

i like walking in the rain too, as long as it’s not cold outside. the other day i was pulling weeds in the flowerbed while it was raining. lol. it was kinda fun :)

you could walk between the raindrops :)

dpmwalking < dpmrunning

BUT

twalking > trunning

SO

dpmwalking*twalking =approx dpmrunning * trunning

THEREFORE

I think it’d work out the same. What’s the rush, anyway?

And Manilla, how does this fall into the \"philosophical forum\"??? :wink:
      And would it be different if twas a Rugby Field?

blueczarina
      Spectator

if it stays cloudy like this i might be able to test this all out on my walk or run :wink: home :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

hey Blue :lol:

post your results if you get to run/walk in the rain..lol

i have been walking the dog in the rain for the past 2 days. it is nice, when i don’t have flip flops on, then i get scared that i am gonna fall and brake my ass. don’t want to get a crack in it. :P

Anonymous
      Spectator

A crack in the ass would really suck ass.

blueczarina
      Spectator

Dazey, you too funny and silly. :lol:

toad32r
      Spectator

OK, take off all your clothes, place them under your arms to keep as much rain off as possible… and take your sweet time to get to the car

Anonymous
      Spectator

It’s best to walk?

This way, you won’t sweat and stay wet; once you’ve stopped inside the car…

i don’t know about all the clothes off, that seems a little too risky for me. would you also have to take off shoes and socks?

Anonymous
      Spectator

:lol:
      this is kinda funny to read….of course the man always thinking a little further :)

blueczarina
      Spectator

i swear… the stuff i see when i log back in later. :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

i swear… the stuff i see when i log back in later. :lol:[/quote:2npibg59]

:) I know I know….

Clothes off would be fun, if with the right person. And no cops….

Anonymous
      Spectator

Clothes off would be fun, if with the right person. And no cops….[/quote:24ocggcc]

most definitely

i would also say that it would have to be in a non public area, um old ladies might scream two naked people \"playing\" in the rain.

Anonymous
      Spectator

just go to the playground at night…lol..no one is there
      why am I giving up my secrets :oops:

:lol: it does sound kinda fun… playing naked in the rain :lol:

ewww, playground. i was thinking more like a nice park, with a grove of trees, a blanket and a hot guy.

Anonymous
      Spectator

yes at the playground with the hot guy-it’s not eww…
      there is grass there..lol and no one else besides 2 people in love or lust..lol

or some there maybe some teens hiding their drinking…lol

but a playground, that is where little kids play during the daytime. i will reiterate, ewwww. get a room, geeze. :P

the drunk teens would be like, whoohoo look at the 2 lovebirds :lol:

yeah, hopefully they don’t have camera phones.

Anonymous
      Spectator

lol and then it’s all over youtube and fox news…lol

if they did their cameraphones would get water damage in the rain. and the drunk teens would have watered down beers. lol

we stayed on topic on this one didn’t we? heehehe

finally for once!

watered down beer ewwww.

Anonymous
      Spectator

or they brought umbrellas to save their beer from getting water logged, doubt it-teens don’t think that well on the beer front :)

no they are not that much of planners. if it was me and i had beers, which is not verylikely, cause i like the hard stuff much better, i would bring an umbrella, but i am a planner.

or maybe they are sitting under the slide too keep the rain outta their beers :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

Yup as a teen if I was out drinking-most important thing was to protect the alcohol by any means necessary! like it was Billy or something…lol

you know what i get reminded of when we say beers, m deeds, that poem that he reads at the begining in his card. and the one guy murph how he says beers. silly i know.

but yes under the slide would be a goo place not to have watered down beers.

mmm yes, if it was billy, gotta protect him :)

spaeking of billy, did you see his blog last night? and he added everyone that requested to his friends list :):):)

Anonymous
      Spectator

what do you mean added friends-I’m already on his friend list.

his friend list at sp.com??????

mmm yes, if it was billy, gotta protect him :)

spaeking of billy, did you see his blog last night? and he added everyone that requested to his friends list :):):)[/quote:21rlocep]

holy shit i didn’t even notice that, he is now on my friends list and he is first. oh, that is so coo.

yep, sp.com. i wasn’t on his friends list till last night, i requested him as a friend a long time ago, but obviously he’s been busy :)

that’s cool that he is first on your list! he’s not first on mine but i’m happy he’s on my list!! :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

well I am goof ball and added them first and it was like a few days and bam their they were-I was happy..then I went out and started adding peoples or ya’ll adding me

yay, it has been a while since he did that, if you go and look at his friends list, wow, it is long, i saw you on there rosie posey, and i seen me.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I saw you both too :)
      finally you both are on Billy’s page

yep, oh man we have taken this thread way off.

yep, sorry my fault, but i thought billy was a good reason to go off topic :)

hehe, always a good reason.

:)

i gotta try to get some work done blaarrrggggh!

i’ll be back in a bit. you guys have fun without me :)

no i gotta go too, see you later lady.

Bringing it back to topic….

I don’t see what’s so bad about being caught in the rain….esp if w/someone you are sweet on. We all dry. Oop, almost said, \"We all dry off.\" That would be incorrect grammar though.

Anonymous
      Spectator

You are right, it’s not bad when it is someone you are sweet on….
      Once upon a time….

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Bringing it back to topic….

I don’t see what’s so bad about being caught in the rain….esp if w/someone you are sweet on. We all dry. Oop, almost said, "We all dry off." That would be incorrect grammar though.[/quote:1afhzbw6]

I think being caught naked in the rain would suck!!! Even if you’re with the person you truly love. ;)

I think being caught naked in the rain would suck!!![/quote:33iz89wk]

Yeah, I think it’s the ‘naked’ part of it that makes the experience unpleasant.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I think being caught naked in the rain would suck!!! Even if you’re with the person you truly love. ;)[/quote:179gyeuo]

nah…it’s not that bad..then again when you come from a town near Seattle where it rains all the damn time, you become used to it
      now snow on the other hand that’s a problem to be caught in…It’s cold and you don’t want to be naked :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i think naked in the snow would kick ass!!!!

amnesia
      Spectator

i think naked in the snow would kick ass!!!![/quote:173aqzg0]

Im so white i would disappear in the snow and only be found when the snow is gone. So no naked me in the snow :?

Anonymous
      Spectator

well I could say a few things why it sux, but that’s for the 21+ thread….

blueczarina
      Spectator

i think naked in the snow would kick ass!!!![/quote:1gm42b6l]

correction: being naked in the snow would freeze your ass. :wink:

i think naked in the snow would kick ass!!!![/quote:2m41dwo7]

correction: being naked in the snow would freeze your ass. :wink:[/quote:2m41dwo7]

I’ve basically been naked in snow. Growing up, good friend had sauna. In mid-winter, we’d go sit in sauna until we couldn’t take it any longer, then we’d run outside and jump into 5 or 6 foot piles of powder. Then we’d run back into sauna. So yeah….we were just in bikinis, might as well have been naked.

Anonymous
      Spectator

BRRRRRR…..
      but when your hot and steamy, I would be doing the same thing…

Anonymous
      Spectator

C’mon, m, spill the beans on this riddle… :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

lol i wish, but was truly a question! i have no idea!

Anonymous
      Spectator

stay out of the water? use an umbrella, galoshes, raincoat?
      wrap yourself in a shit load of saran warp?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

stay out of the water? use an umbrella, galoshes, raincoat?
      wrap yourself in a shit load of saran warp?[/quote:cfhf11tl]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

saran wrap :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I entered Saran Wrap into Google Image Search and first offering was these fit gals.

I’m assuming most packs just come SAS in most Shops/Stores (sold as seen).

some pumpkins
      Spectator

it was raining yesterday and i was sitting in traffic going 2 miles an hour and this topic popped in my head. whenever i was completely stopped i could see vitrually every raindrop hit the windshield. but when we sped up to even 5 miles an hour the frequency of the raindrops increased exponentially. way too many to count. so if you walk, you’ll stay drier. if you go fast, you’re making yourself more available in more areas to be hit by raindrops. that’s why billy wants to walk with you between the raindrops. not run.

Pipoka
      Spectator

that’s why billy wants to walk with you between the raindrops. not run.[/quote:1cdc2xav]

:lol: billy is a clever man…

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m impressed with your analysis somepumpkins. I love that this thread popped in your head while driving in the rain..lol

blueczarina
      Spectator

I love that this thread popped in your head while driving in the rain..lol[/quote:vxro5ai0]

it means he is an SPfreak :P

some pumpkins failed to take time into account. By walking, you’re in the rain for a longer period of time, which would make up for rain drop frequency.

I still don’t understand what’s so bad about being in the rain!

blueczarina
      Spectator

rain messes up your hair

Anonymous
      Spectator

warm rain is good, cold and rainy not so good

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Found online:

————————————————————————————————————————————-

When one brings in wind speed, what really is happening is that the distance one travels in relation to the column of rain changes. If you move at the same speed as the rain, you can travel across country, but you are traveling zero distance through the rain.

I love this question. I have thought about it and worked on understanding it for years on-and-off. The most interesting thing about this problem is that if you pose it to your friends and family, they look at you like you are crazy because the answer is \"obviously\" to run. However, when you begin to point out the subtleties of the problem, they very quickly get a confused look on their faces.
      One thing the analysis above does not take into account is wind speed. In November 1973 in Mathematics Magazine, they take wind speed into account and this really shakes the problem up.

In summary, if you can run the speed of the wind, you will get the least wet. However, if you can run faster than the wind, do it because you will get less wet.

I hope I summarized the conclusion of that paper correctly . . . it is not as straight forward as one would think.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

some pumpkins failed to take time into account. By walking, you’re in the rain for a longer period of time, which would make up for rain drop frequency.

I still don’t understand what’s so bad about being in the rain![/quote:u5rceagh]

how could i forget the 4th dimension? i thought i had it.

and nothing

blueczarina
      Spectator

i just use an umbrella. than it doesn’t matter what i do.

i don’t like to use umbrellas, i seem to get wetter trying to get in the car and put the umbrella down. i like my hoodie :)

and also, i can run faster than the rain :lol: jk. but wouldn’t that be cool? :P

blueczarina
      Spectator

:P

i like umbrellas myself and hoodies. :P

ha, i just noticed i put faster than the rain, i meant faster than the wind lol.

speaking of rain, it is raining here today. no brella 4 me though :P

actually, i would rather be out in the rain than working today :lol:

I can’t believe this thread is even still alive.

why?

just makes me laugh….all this time an energy discussing rain.

Tion
      Spectator

….speaking about raindrops….is it true that japanes soldiers tortured american soldiers in the second world war by dropping waterdrops on their shaved heads till their brain cracked?

blueczarina
      Spectator

huh? i’ve never heard of that and how would water crack your brain?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

What is called the \"Chinese water torture\" was a torture described by Hippolytus de Marsiliis in the 16th century that was supposed to drive its victim insane with the stress of water dripping on a part of the forehead for a very long time. It may also be characterized by the inconsistent pattern of water drips. Supposedly, the desire for the human brain to make a pattern of the timing between the drops will also eventually cause insanity to set in. If the victim did not succumb to the interrogation, the water would eventually penetrate the victim’s skin and brain.[citation needed] This obviously would cause death (but it is unlikely to do, due to the amount of time needed for this to happen).

taken from wikipedia…

amnesia
      Spectator

Omg, thats brutal. :shock:

blueczarina
      Spectator

holy crap! :shock:

Yeah, that’s pretty nasty.

I think there’s worse though.

If I remember, wikipedia has a page which is literally a list of tortures. Strange way to kill an hour or two.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i study Russian and Eastern European history and there is some crazy shit there. :roll: and speaking of Russia- Peter the Great, being morbid and weird, had a big ass collection of creepy shit and scary assed torture equipment. its all in some freaky museum that houses his stuff. i saw some slides of whats in it and needless to say it scared the crap out of me. :shock: those poor bastards- the Streltsy guard. :shock:

Arthur
      Spectator

Modern times torture (it’s already an old way of torture though): waterboarding. Funny thing is, first I thought it had something to do with surfing, but when it came in the news more often (as being a hobby of the American authorities to have their imprisoned terrorists speak out a confession), I realized it must be some serious shit.

Obama stopped it immediately when he became President, if I ‘m right.

Modern times torture (it’s already an old way of torture though): waterboarding. Funny thing is, first I thought it had something to do with surfing, but when it came in the news more often (as being a hobby of the American authorities to have their imprisoned terrorists speak out a confession), I realized it must be some serious shit.

Obama stopped it immediately when he became President, if I ‘m right.[/quote:2wkcnhuy]

I’m not sure, but I believe so.

What amused me was that the head of the CIA (or someone very high up), a man who would have been trained to withstand torture to very high levels, lasted only about 2 minutes during it.

what is really sad is that they used NIN music to torture people at gitmo.

and i think it’s funny how this thread went from rain to torture :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

NIN to torture people? seriously. that’s not torture.

now Tinted Windows on the other hand. :x

NIN to torture people? seriously. that’s not torture.[/quote:39xqdkfb]
      Can you imagine Eraser on full volume, on a loop, all day?

Ouch

blueczarina
      Spectator

haha :lol: yeah, i guess it could be done. i guess i was just thinking of having to listen to rock all day. :wink:

i guess i was just thinking of having to listen to rock all day. :wink:[/quote:27d4q9l4]
      Alas, not all rock is as abrasive as NIN is.

And whilst some people will like the intensity, it will drive others insane.

blueczarina
      Spectator

true ^^

I severely dislike NIN. That would be torture for me.

blueczarina
      Spectator

it would be pop or super shitty alternative that would kill me- 24 hours of Linkin Park or Nickelback or Tinted Windows :x :x :x

amnesia
      Spectator

I severely dislike NIN. That would be torture for me.[/quote:3tehs342]

NIN rocks. :cry:

I like NIN almost as much as SP, only almost :P

torture for me would be techno/dance/trance/house/jazz, i start beeding out of my ears when i heard that kinda of music.

i love NIN, not as much as sp either, no one as much as sp of course :)

but i read about the torture thing, they used that on some iraqis i think, but the people had never heard that kind of music before and with it blaring on loop. but i think that still sucks, to use someone’s art like that. trent put his heart into his music just like any artist would. and to use it in that manner is horrible and insulting to the artist, no matter who it is.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, that is horrible

i actually like techno/electronica/dance/ jazz stuff as long as its not cheap shit.

yeah some of it’s not bad. i like a little of everything, well almost. not a fan of r&b or hip hop.

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, i can’t take that either. i especially hate rap shit.

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I really hate rap too.
      All they really sing about is drinking, taking drugs, or having sex with women.

Which was torture in class because all they played was rap all day long. :(

blueczarina
      Spectator

yeah, rap is shit. i hate when they put the shitty pop/rap station on in art class. :roll:

Arthur
      Spectator

All they really sing about is drinking, taking drugs, or having sex with women.[/quote:34liwtly]
      I think I know 1 member here that must like this style of music: Pipoka. As this is exactly how she lives. :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

with her pip-ed out rides and her shrooms ^^ :lol:

jk :P we all love Pip!

Pipoka
      Spectator

All they really sing about is drinking, taking drugs, or having sex with women.[/quote:3t45ivch]
      I think I know 1 member here that must like this style of music: Pipoka. As this is exactly how she lives. :lol:[/quote:3t45ivch]

:o

ARTHUR! No women for me! MEN ONLY! :lol:

And you forgot to mention the dance moves…

Yeah baby, some mushrooms, a cold drink and booty dance !

Anonymous
      Spectator

All they really sing about is drinking, taking drugs, or having sex with women.[/quote:15p2nmt0]
      I think I know 1 member here that must like this style of music: Pipoka. As this is exactly how she lives. :lol:[/quote:15p2nmt0]

:o

ARTHUR! No women for me! MEN ONLY! :lol:

And you forgot to mention the dance moves…

Yeah baby, some mushrooms, a cold drink and booty dance !

:lol:[/quote:15p2nmt0]

Shannen’s a dude :shock: :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

Shannen’s a dude :shock: :lol:[/quote:1b9yios6]
      Ermmm… no, I don’t think so. Shannen gets wet (hey, no comments please! I’m just sticking to the subject of this topic, yeah? :lol: ) on places where I want to poke her with some of my bodyparts, so I guess technically that makes me the dude. Maybe I should check the biology books again, but that’s what I remember from school days, way back. :P

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Shannen’s a dude :shock: :lol:[/quote:26f7nqrr]
      Ermmm… no, I don’t think so. Shannen gets wet (hey, no comments please! I’m just sticking to the subject of this topic, yeah? :lol: ) on places where I want to poke her with some of my bodyparts, so I guess technically that makes me the dude. Maybe I should check the biology books again, but that’s what I remember from school days, way back. :P[/quote:26f7nqrr]

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

blueczarina
      Spectator

OMG! WTF! :shock: :lol: :lol:

lmao. Arthur, love your post.

Pipoka
      Spectator

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m not doing anymore speed reading.. :lol:
      I thought pip was saying Arthur liked boys-
      :lol: :lol:
      and I had my glasses on..missed the exclamation mark after Arthur’s name :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

I don’t believe Arthur licked boys.

Anonymous
      Spectator

I don’t believe Arthur licked boys.[/quote:2ln6gqun] :P :lol:
      I hope not!! :lol:
      otherwise we have all been fooled by him :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I don’t believe Arthur licked boys.[/quote:1f0fo0ar]

B. Arthur is a boy.

I don’t know either…

amnesia
      Spectator

Whats wrong with you guys? :lol:
      I just came over from Pips movie to this. :lol:

I don’t believe Arthur licked boys.[/quote:33v1sixo]

B. Arthur is a boy.

I don’t know either…[/quote:33v1sixo]

She is not!

Anonymous
      Spectator

I don’t believe Arthur licked boys.[/quote:3ge3t7bb]

B. Arthur is a boy.

I don’t know either…[/quote:3ge3t7bb]

She is not![/quote:3ge3t7bb] :shock: :lol: :lol:
      Pip are you sharing those shrooms again :?: :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

It’s not only the mushrooms… It’s the season. Spring makes horny.

Anonymous
      Spectator

It’s not only the mushrooms… It’s the season. Spring makes horny.[/quote:3bex9a6s]

are you creating Arthur :P

It’s not only the mushrooms… It’s the season. Spring makes horny.[/quote:3g3ftfoh]

ha! true……. my friend’s dog got raped yesterday, the slut puppy. and then they were stuck together for about 10 minutes :lol: but luckily the male dog has been neutered so no puppies. but it’s weird he still wanted to do it.

Anonymous
      Spectator

It’s not only the mushrooms… It’s the season. Spring makes horny.[/quote:3dtdzlrp]

ha! true……. my friend’s dog got raped yesterday, the slut puppy. and then they were stuck together for about 10 minutes :lol: but luckily the male dog has been neutered so no puppies. but it’s weird he still wanted to do it.[/quote:3dtdzlrp]
      :lol: :lol: he’s male!

Viewing 127 reply threads

The forum ‘Philosophical Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.