Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

BleedingTheOrchid
      Spectator

And here’s another pretty cool discovery of the SPfreaks team. As you may or may not know, the Library Of Congress in Washington DC lists a lot of information about registered music, amongst millions of other things. LOC is, if I’m right, the largest library in the world. The Quiet, and 20 Other Songs tape (that is being leaked now as we speak) for example is registered there. Billy Corgan registers his demo tapes and other things there to protect his music and other creative outings. A lot of that information is not in the public domain. However, 1 of our contributors managed to go beyond that and came up with a full list of Pumpkins related registrations. Tonight we uploaded them on SPfreaks.

Go to http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … NDEX&cat=1 and put Type Of Release to \"Library Of Congress entry\", click the Apply Filter button and be amazed by several tapes that nobody has ever seen, probably loaded with lots of music nobody has ever heard. Unfortunately we can not provide tracklists etc. yet. If any of you can provide information about them, or relate them to leaked or otherwise known stuff, please inform us!

At your rocking and collecting service,
      Arthur

and you’ve done it again!
      thankyou Arthur and the whole SPfreaks team!
      *applaudes*

Arthur
      Spectator

Thanks Superlordspamulon! Some information from our friends at ThePumpkins.net’s board where people are discussing this matter:

http://www.thepumpkins.net/forum/topic,1930.0/

manillascissor
      Keymaster

How did anyone know so much about these tapes? Did someone go to the LOC? Is this information available readily? How did all this come about?

Arthur
      Spectator

How did anyone know so much about these tapes? Did someone go to the LOC? Is this information available readily? How did all this come about?[/quote:3gnqlikw]
      One of our contributors managed to work his way though to this info, without going to the LOC himself, that’s all I can say now. Some guy called Smiley on ThePumpkins.net (see link I provided) claims he can find this info also in the public domain, but it is very very hard, he admits. Anyhow, we are the first to have this info available in a userfriendly format.

Davin, the main webmaster of SPFC send me this email about it:

"oh man Arthur that is awesome! good work!

the spfc categories don’t really allow for these sorts of tapes (i.e. they don’t really fall into the categories of "promo", "release" or "boot") so i’m extremely thankful for your site and efforts! until they leak, i’m glad to have the information compiled somewhere less cumbersome than the LOC database.

-Davin"

8) (<= me)

8) (<= me)[/quote:25qrmv3a]

haha that even looks like you (if it is you of course) in your avatar :lol:

hehe, davin isn’t the main webmaster of the spfc.

Thanks Superlordspamulon! Some information from our friends at ThePumpkins.net’s board where people are discussing this matter:

http://www.thepumpkins.net/forum/topic,1930.0/[/quote:16ai9gki]
      i don’t like that website. in my opinion, it’s one of the worst places for discussing pumpkins releases or finding related information.
      except for smiley – who is a netphoria poster in the first place, i believe – nobody even seems to understand what you’re talking about. "omg wut r u doin here we dont like you with ur website" "omg the coyle tape i never heard of that lol" :roll:

i’m not trying to tell you what to do, of course, but i think these "info-fishing" threads would be more successful if you made them on the trading board on netphoria. there’s a lot of knowledge there.

Arthur
      Spectator

hehe, davin isn’t the main webmaster of the spfc.[/quote:1wgyatjs]
      Main spokesman better description? I mean I know Eric Agnew (and maybe others?) is/are behind him, but Davin is always the one emailing and so on, when he has time :D

And as I said on ThePumpkins.net, Netphoria is not 1 of my favourite places. I only go there when it’s absolutely unavoidable. With many other boards and places it’s avoidable. I consider it their bad luck to not having me post there instead of the other way around (there you go, I showed my tormented ego 8) as they already deleted a few of my posts… History long gone, but I decided not to go there anymore. Other teammembers do however, so in the end we don’t miss out that much).

And as I said on ThePumpkins.net, Netphoria is not 1 of my favourite places. I only go there when it’s absolutely unavoidable. With many other boards and places it’s avoidable.[/quote:2i7c98rd]
      same thoughts here mate, don’t like to go there either. i have never seen people behave as stupid as over there. a few weeks ago, i remember, when the pumpkins were asking about the siamese dream girls, then some media guy entered there to ask about them but he got flamed away like he wanted to screw the little chicks. i was shocked by how they treated that guy. but it’s still the biggest source of info. many things have been discussed there already, so i have the same advice as cool as icecream.

Viewing 9 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.