Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author

Cool As Ice Cream
      Spectator

Hi, just wondering if there were any CDR/CD promos for this release, have not seen any.

what about the pisces iscariot reissue? were there any specific promos made for that release?

all i remember seeing is a combined promo cd-r for gish and siamese dream (\"radio sampler\"), and that tafh promo cd-r (\"sampler\").

I was wondering this as well. Would have thought mellon collie would have had one. Seeing as TAFH has a promo i would of though PI would too…

manillascissor
      Keymaster

pisces has a US promo stamped CD. all versions of MCIS US copies i’ve seen have a hole in the barcode, but are not stamped

Arthur
      Spectator

Good question! Japan has a (little, red) stickered promo deluxe box. It’s the standard deluxe reissue, with, again, that little red sticker. They probably trusted Mellon Collie to sell like crazy without too much physical promotion?

New thread direction: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness Deluxe Edition, felt colour (blue vs. purple)

I did a Google image search and found these:

marigold
      Spectator

Blue, just like the 3rd pic – EU

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i don’t have this yet. so i have no idea.

US – blue:

so, if i get this right, these have been confirmed:
      – US: blue
      – EU: blue and purple

has anyone seen a purple US one?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

finally bought this from a seller in CA for $100. assuming it will be a US version. will let you know…

i don’t think i can afford two more copies of this \"to collect all colours\". :?

marigold
      Spectator

this one looks red/purple – US?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DM_Gf7gH1E[/youtube]

it’s not entirely clear, but i believe you’re right. thanks!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

well, i received my copy today (from CA, made in US) and the freakin’ back insert is sealed upside down. was that the case w/ anyone else?

i’m going to leave it sealed for the time being. i want to have a sealed copy and an opened one so i hope i can let you know soon!

well, i received my copy today (from CA, made in US) and the freakin’ back insert is sealed upside down. was that the case w/ anyone else?[/quote:3qignmcm]
      yes, i remember it was exactly the same with my US copy (from amazon.ca).

i also noticed the US back insert is different from the EU one. the paper is thicker, but the main difference is that the small piece on the side that’s folded over is on the right, instead of the left. this might be the reason the back insert is upside down: if you want to put/hide this folded over bit under the magnetic strip that closes the box, you have no other choice.

marigold
      Spectator

my EU one was right way up.

I had put the insert inside the box to keep it from getting lost or ripped, but it is slightly too big to fit inside the box without creasing, so I cut it to size. :o :shock:

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

surely not?

ahahaha! :lol: your face, jawn till dusk. lol!

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Guess I’m pretty gullible. :oops:

i don’t know. if you are, then so am i.

i just thought it was funny you were so shocked.

the small piece on the side that’s folded over is on the right, instead of the left. this might be the reason the back insert is upside down: if you want to put/hide this folded over bit under the magnetic strip that closes the box, you have no other choice.[/quote:tiiuoubg]
      does this make sense?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

the small piece on the side that’s folded over is on the right, instead of the left. this might be the reason the back insert is upside down: if you want to put/hide this folded over bit under the magnetic strip that closes the box, you have no other choice.[/quote:ccj17oak]
      does this make sense?[/quote:ccj17oak]

yeah, that’s how mine came, sealed. 8)

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

That’s how mine is too.

so this is basically a mistake on the american issue: they put the \"fold over part\" on the wrong side, so the back insert had to be placed upside down. (surely that wasn’t intentional.)
      right?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

so this is basically a mistake on the american issue: they put the "fold over part" on the wrong side, so the back insert had to be placed upside down. (surely that wasn’t intentional.)
      right?[/quote:1wnlgkrs]

pretty sure it was intentional. obviously, i have no proof, but i don’t think it was a mistake.

so you think they choose to have the back insert upside down?

– \"hey, billy, the back insert, do you want it the right way up, or upside down? your choice.\"
      – \"upside down, please! but do it the right way up for the EU release.\"
      – \"ok, got it. no problem.\"

manillascissor
      Keymaster

so you think they choose to have the back insert upside down?[/quote:1uky608i]

yes, i think they chose

ah, yes, chose. not choose. silly me.

so does anyone own a purple US version, or has found a picture that clearly shows these exist?
      i know we have that youtube clip, but it’s only half convincing. if the purple US ones are out there, we should be able to find a copy or a picture of a copy.
      thx!

Viewing 29 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.