Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Shannen
      Spectator

Howdy. To DVD or no to DVD? That’s the question. Smashpeare.

A while back it was common believe there would be a German Zeitgeist release with a bonus DVD. I ordered it at Amazon.de, and last week they send me an email: it’s shipped. However, what arrived was the book edition. Which is a nice release in all ways, but I already had it. So I send a complaint to Amazon.de stating I wanted the DVD release. Meanwhile the Smashing Pumpkins posted on their website: No DVD release, sorry!

So I was prepared to ask for a refund from Amazon.de, and forget about the DVD. But… Amazon.de send me 2 emails today, 1 in English and 1 in German.

======
      Email 1:
      ======
      Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.de.

First, let me apologise for this apparent mix-up during packing.

I have placed a new order (#028-9819110-5186948) for the correct item, \"Zeitgeist ( CD+DVD)\", and it will be dispatched as soon as possible to the same address via DHL. (See number of the original order in the subject line of this e-mail.)

There will of course be no additional charge for this replacement.

======
      Email 2:
      ======
      Guten Tag,

unser Logistikzentrum hat den unten stehenden Artikel verschickt!

Unser Hinweis:

Sie koennen Ihr Kundenkonto jederzeit ueber \"Mein Konto\" http://www.amazon.de/mein-konto einsehen und verwalten. Ihre Bestellnummer 028-9819110-5186948 (eingegangen 10-Juli-2007)
      ———————————————————————
      Bestellt Titel Preis Versandt Zwischen-
      summe
      ———————————————————————
      1 Zeitgeist ( CD+DVD) EUR 0,00 1 EUR 0,00

———————————————————————
      Zwischensumme ohne Mwst: EUR 0,00
      Porto und Verpackung: EUR 0,00
      Endbetrag inkl. MwSt.: EUR 0,00
      Enthaltene MwSt.:

Die Sendung geht an:
      Arthur

(it means they shipped it today for the price of zero Euro.)

What will they ship? Another book edition? A test pressing/promo of the CD/DVD? What do you guys know about this release anyway? Did somebody order it and had the same experience?

there never was a dvd – it was a mistake on amazons part

Arthur
      Spectator

there never was a dvd – it was a mistake on amazons part[/quote:1pvt8ulf]
      I believe you. Received today: another special book edition. For free. Complained again however.

i believe a statement was made on smashingpumpkins.com
      and does that mean you have TWO!

c’n i have one? :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

c’n i have one? :lol:[/quote:1826wdjh]
      Sure. Got something in exchange? :roll: But I might have to send it back anyway to get a refund, let’s see. When they keep on sending special editions for free, I’ll topic a little contest here for people to win this free copy! :D

oh cool.
      you do that compo thing – it sounds cool!
      mainly because i dont have anything in exchange…
      unless you want junk and crap? that isnt pumpkins related at all? i’ve got lots of that!
      :lol:

Shannen
      Spectator

You guys would not believe this, I found a copy of Malaysia released Zeitgeist (Regular version – 12 tracks) :D .

Viewing 6 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.