Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

marigold
      Spectator

Hi all,

We noticed that the old rules for creating and holding on to an active account on SPfreaks.com did not suit anymore. Many new users have GMAIL, and were always blocked for creating a new account, for example. And not all new users were forum readers, so they never read the rules before creating an account… Which created some frustration and a lot of questions. So we had to set up a new list of rules. Here they are.

-GMAIL, HOTMAIL and YAHOO are not on the banlist anymore.
      -The banlist is only for wellknown spam email domains, except for the 3 domains mentioned above.
      -Spam users will be deleted immediately, and their specific email and/or IP address will be put on the banlist.
      -Every new user that is not activating his/her account in 1 week, will be deleted.
      -Every new user will only be shown in the memberlist after activating his/her account.
      -Every new user that has activated his/her account, but is not posting on the forum,
      –nor creating a My Collection list,
      –nor logged on in the past 6 months (for example to read the topics/posts on the forum),
      –will be deleted after 6 months.

All delete actions mentioned above will be done WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE! :twisted:

We have implemented these rules as per today, and you might notice that our memberlist has dramatically changed. Only 300+ members are left. Members who are already with us for more than 6 months, and are still on the memberlist, have either posted on the forum, or have a My Collection list. Members from the last 6 months, will be reviewed every now and then, and according the new rules their account will be either deleted, or maintained.

On a sidenote, we noticed that the My Collection list is used by 150+ members already. We consider that a big success! 8)

OK, if there are any questions or complaints, please feel free to post them here! We still might have to finetune these rules…

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

I dont contribute much here,sadly.

Will i be banned if i dont take part? :cry:

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I don’t think you will be banned considering you have over 800 posts but you never know. This means I would get the ax faster since my post count is smaller. :(

Arthur
      Spectator

Haha, don’t worry, guys! This set of rules is only meant for new members that are creating a new account in the future. Existing and appreciated members like you 2, with at least 1 post on the forum, or with at least 1 item in their My Collection list, will never be effected, of course! So, with several 100 of posts for both of you, you can even stay away for 1 year, if you like! And when you return, your login will still exist, and your posts are welcomed as ever… Again, don’t worry! :lol:

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Dont imagine i’ll ever be away for a year. :wink:

Unless the band starts covering Pavement songs. :lol:

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

I knew there would be a movement to get me out of here :shock: Just when I was getting comfortable :?

Anonymous
      Spectator

You can kick my sorry arse out any time at all, I’d wuv ye just the same and show forgiveness. ๐Ÿ™‚

marigold
      Spectator

-Only 300+ members are left. Members who are already with us for more than 6 months, and are still on the memberlist, have either posted on the forum, or have a My Collection list. Members from the last 6 months, will be reviewed every now and then, and according the new rules their account will be either deleted, or maintained.
      [/quote:2czn47sw]

there are about 700 new members in the last few weeks :?

jebus! you’re right.

check out our newest member: http://forum.spfreaks.com/profile.php?m … ile&u=4638
      \"interests: affordable rent\"
      lol

they keep making new accounts non-stop.

Arthur
      Spectator

they keep making new accounts non-stop.[/quote:1wc71wxt]
      Yup, dozens a day, sometimes. I was deleting them almost every day, 1 by 1. I got fed up with that, so now we have some database scripts running to automatically delete those spam accounts (non-activated after a week, activated but non-posters/non My Collection users after 6 months). And as long as those activated spam accounts don’t post anything… I’m fine with it.

The memberlist doesn’t show the actual number of real members now, so be it. All other forums have the same issues…

marigold
      Spectator

they keep making new accounts non-stop.[/quote:2rbz6y5b]
      Yup, dozens a day, sometimes. I was deleting them almost every day, 1 by 1. I got fed up with that, so now we have some database scripts running to automatically delete those spam accounts (non-activated after a week, activated but non-posters/non My Collection users after 6 months). And as long as those activated spam accounts don’t post anything… I’m fine with it.

The memberlist doesn’t show the actual number of real members now, so be it. All other forums have the same issues…[/quote:2rbz6y5b]

yeah, as long as they don’t spam, OR send any spam emails too!

JamieShaw
      Spectator

is there an index of all released material like the old website. it is taking me hours and hours to put my collection up again even though under my name it shows i hav a collection. my wantlist shows up but my own list i hv to start from scratch, please help…:)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

on the homepage, just click on the word collections.  you can sort on the top right and filter on the left.  it’s easier to do from a computer.  are you using your phone?

GargoyleSocks
      Spectator

Hi. I tried to sign into my old account last rose of summer but I couldn’t so I made a new one. It’s ok though I haven’t used that name in a loooong time LOL

manillascissor
      Keymaster

welcome back, rose!  good to see you again.  ๐Ÿ™‚

GargoyleSocks
      Spectator

Thanks! From looking around its not as lively as it used to be around here huh?  I kinda miss the good ol days lol

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah, social media took over forums.  but we’re still here as an archive or place to come for more in depth conversations ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 17 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.