Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Arthur
      Spectator

I thought alot of the songs were gonna be…OK. I am actually really diggin these tunes guys!!! First off… Freak… AWESOME!!!! There are a few not as good, but even those are better than most the crap playing on the radio. Tell me what u think? I really am interested in what u all think.

P.S. Tom Tom, Freak, Spangled, astral Planes… unbelievable to me!!

marigold
      Spectator

Freak freakin’ rocks!

Also like Song for a Son, The Fellowship, Tom Tom and Lightning Strikes.

definitely better than 99% of what I hear on the radio!

marigold
      Spectator

A Stitch in Time too!

amnesia
      Spectator

Lightning Strikes and Song For A Song for me are the best 2 tracks, closely followed by Spangled and Freak, however im not a big fan of Widow, and also i personally think Stitch in Time is the worse song ever recorded under the name of Smashing Pumpkins.

marigold
      Spectator

I think Widow and Astral Planes go in that category :P

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i think they sound solid as a group, and i prefer ep1 to ep2 so far.

Arthur
      Spectator

Lightning Strikes, Freak, Song For A Son, I love these songs. Waiting to see if it all evolves into a new Gossamer?

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

1. Seriously, where is Gossamer already?!!!

2. Billy needs to get heavy in a hury. I like what he’s doing but come on.

3. Also, I think Jeff needs to be more involved in the studio. When he gets going in a live setting with his ambiance guitar filling in the background, I am truely impressed. It’s not really psych per se, but it adds a whole different dimension to the depth of each song. We need more Jeff on record now.

I think I remember hearing or reading somewhere Billy said he isn’t going to record Gossamer.

Arthur
      Spectator

That’s funny he said that… As he already recorded AND released Gossamer in a live version on If All Goes Wrong DVD. And the studio version has been recorded already long time ago, in several different takes/styles/lengths. Billy and Jimmy wanted to release that as a 4 track Gossamer double disc, so they could make a profit on selling this shirt:

Viewing 9 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.