Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Keymaster

jupiter
      Spectator

i went to prison for a week and had an epiphany. now i will never get angry again.
      there is more to this story, but maybe another time. (i have never really told anyone what i just have!)

the only \"god\" i believe in is myself, but i won’t put down anyone who believes otherwise!

:wink:

marigold
      Spectator

^^ I guess you learned your lesson right? I’m glad that did it for you, some people come out of prison and make the same mistakes again.

so, to rein it in just a bit, how have you changed in your life? was it forced? when did you realize? do you generally resist change? is that part of human nature? etc…[/quote:wkhlrw44]

I don’t think I’ve had any major change to go through, aside from when I moved out of my parents place at 24, which was to the other side of the world, so I had to adapt to a different country, look after myself and be responsible for my actions all at the same time. It’s times when I’ve put myself out of my comfort zone that I’ve ‘grown’ as a person, and learnt what I can and can’t handle.

I think most people do resist change, especially if it’s something they are uncomfortable with. It’s only when they realise the change will actually benefit them or they’ll be better off, that they change.

jupiter
      Spectator

I dont really agree with government and a lot of their laws, that hasn’t changed.
      It’s more that i just don’t want to be a problem to anyone, or cause hassle. I dont want to make other people feel bad or inconvienienced (sp) in any way……………and i hope they respect me at the same time.

I moved out of home when i was 21, to the city about 100km’s away. I moved in with my brother and we used to have lotsa fun (mainly illegal fun). We used to go back to the parents place every weekend!

About 2 years later i moved to another city (in this country), but have never been overseas let alone lived overseas! I live back in my original city now.

Moving home would be such an effort now, for me. It would take a lot of motivation and inspiration for me to move away now.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I dont really agree with government and a lot of their laws, that hasn’t changed.
      It’s more that i just don’t want to be a problem to anyone, or cause hassle. I dont want to make other people feel bad or inconvienienced (sp) in any way……………and i hope they respect me at the same time.

I moved out of home when i was 21, to the city about 100km’s away. I moved in with my brother and we used to have lotsa fun (mainly illegal fun). We used to go back to the parents place every weekend!

About 2 years later i moved to another city (in this country), but have never been overseas let alone lived overseas! I live back in my original city now.

Moving home would be such an effort now, for me. It would take a lot of motivation and inspiration for me to move away now.[/quote:2xbrz33p]

lots of people have issues with governments. what are yours?

i’m a little of the opposite. if someone is causing me, or anyone else harm, i will get in their face and let them know about it.

this is completely different from how i used to be, hence, the thread. i’ve changed in that aspect.

Viewing 4 reply threads

The forum ‘Philosophical Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.