Viewing 50 reply threads
  • Author

Sven
      Spectator

Everyone’s pre-ordered the stuff they want, right?

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/store/spoceania/

manillascissor
      Keymaster

not yet, but i will on friday. :)

marigold
      Spectator

I’ve already pre-ordered the digital download when I bought my ticket, but…I’d like the CD as well.

The t-shirts – the octopus is cool but the pyramids and cover art….not really.

Also on the official store page I noticed a SP heart hooded top that is ‘very limited quantity’

there’s a hidden object on the purchase button on the right here: http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/sprc/
      8)
      don’t know if that has ever been available before?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I’ve already pre-ordered the digital download when I bought my ticket, but…I’d like the CD as well.

The t-shirts – the octopus is cool but the pyramids and cover art….not really.

Also on the official store page I noticed a SP heart hooded top that is ‘very limited quantity’

there’s a hidden object on the purchase button on the right here: http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/sprc/
      8)
      don’t know if that has ever been available before?[/quote:3gr708er]

i’m going to get the audiophile package.

i also like that octopus shirt.

i bought that hoodie already. ;)

also, nice eye, i didn’t notice that before. i think those were available at like one show in 2011 or something? but then sp twitter account tweeted that they would be available later through SPRC. surprised it’s so secretive, but i just ordered two. 8)

marigold
      Spectator

It wasn’t me who spotted it, I saw a comment about it from a fan on one of the SP posts on their official FB page, but still – not sure how many people would have seen that comment!

Everyone’s pre-ordered the stuff they want, right?

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/store/spoceania/[/quote:1ti092wk]
      obviously not. they’re charging almost $50 to send the lp to europe.
      i’m sure i’ll be able to find a copy in the shops here.
      and i don’t really care when i get it. so what’s the point in pre-ordering?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah, the shipping is kind of :roll:

Arthur
      Spectator

also, nice eye, i didn’t notice that before. i think those were available at like one show in 2011 or something? but then sp twitter account tweeted that they would be available later through SPRC. surprised it’s so secretive, but i just ordered two. 8)[/quote:temwjdco]
      You guys talk about the SP heart necklace, right? That was at least available in huge quantities during the EU tour last year, and they didn’t sell well. Which is understandable, because the quality is so-so and it’s quite expensive too. I think that’s why they are now trying to sell it at SP.com, because they still have a truckload of that stuff. I always wanted such necklace with a leather chain, but I let it pass for forementioned reasons… So Derek, I hope you like them anyway when they arrive, please don’t let my comments spoil your fun! :?

I have to say, I like the marketing concept they are trying to set up. Somewhat cheap options for the MP3 lovers, more expensive options for the collectors. Everybody can pick something, and they give rather huge discounts when you order a package. For example, cd+shirt+hoodie=15.99+22+48=85.99 US$, now available for 65 US$. Not so bad… I only wished they put the octopus design on the hoodie, then I would have been even more happy with my cd package. But hey, wont complain… Unless the XL hoodie I ordered turns out to be too small for me again, like the Zeitgeist statue hoodie I bought at a concert in 2008. It’s very cool, but too small for my tall body! :evil: (Then I will never ever order a Smashing Pumpkins hoodie again, unless it is XXXL…)

Arthur
      Spectator

I wonder if there is a difference between the Amazon Deluxe CD and the CD that can be ordered from SP.com. Guess not.

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/oceania … -sale-529/

I have listened to the snippets on Amazon, but… I’m not impressed (yet). I like SP to rock hard and blow me away with looooong guitar solos, but the snippets are mostly from the softer songs. But I’ve heard the track Oceania live, and I know that is going to be good. :)

Arthur
      Spectator

I have listened to the snippets on Amazon, but… [/quote:2sej3ael]
      They seems to be down already.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I have listened to the snippets on Amazon, but… [/quote:3mqnwxci]
      They seems to be down already.[/quote:3mqnwxci]

if you ask around they are still available. also, someone on youtube put them all together, but that might be shut down very soon. i guess it was an accidental leak on the part of amazon. i don’t really understand how it could have happened. was amazon supposed to release these snippets on some certain date in the future and just fucked it up? are they that dense or what? this is the second time they’ve fucked up a smashing pumpkins release, by going live with something too early.

which also brings to mind, who else is sitting on the full cd at this point?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I wonder if there is a difference between the Amazon Deluxe CD and the CD that can be ordered from SP.com. Guess not.

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/oceania … -sale-529/

I have listened to the snippets on Amazon, but… I’m not impressed (yet). I like SP to rock hard and blow me away with looooong guitar solos, but the snippets are mostly from the softer songs. But I’ve heard the track Oceania live, and I know that is going to be good. :)[/quote:twffxymu]

i don’t know why they call it deluxe. seems a little strange. also, by the link you provided, it looks like amazon only carries the CD, but when you click on it, every option in the audiophile package is offered, and for less money (unless "high quality digital download" is different from what amazon offers). still, i’m sure you’ll be saving a lot on shipping by using amazon instead of sp.com, especially if overseas.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

also, nice eye, i didn’t notice that before. i think those were available at like one show in 2011 or something? but then sp twitter account tweeted that they would be available later through SPRC. surprised it’s so secretive, but i just ordered two. 8)[/quote:1br09efq]
      You guys talk about the SP heart necklace, right? That was at least available in huge quantities during the EU tour last year, and they didn’t sell well. Which is understandable, because the quality is so-so and it’s quite expensive too. I think that’s why they are now trying to sell it at SP.com, because they still have a truckload of that stuff. I always wanted such necklace with a leather chain, but I let it pass for forementioned reasons… So Derek, I hope you like them anyway when they arrive, please don’t let my comments spoil your fun! :?

I have to say, I like the marketing concept they are trying to set up. Somewhat cheap options for the MP3 lovers, more expensive options for the collectors. Everybody can pick something, and they give rather huge discounts when you order a package. For example, cd+shirt+hoodie=15.99+22+48=85.99 US$, now available for 65 US$. Not so bad… I only wished they put the octopus design on the hoodie, then I would have been even more happy with my cd package. But hey, wont complain… Unless the XL hoodie I ordered turns out to be too small for me again, like the Zeitgeist statue hoodie I bought at a concert in 2008. It’s very cool, but too small for my tall body! :evil: (Then I will never ever order a Smashing Pumpkins hoodie again, unless it is XXXL…)[/quote:1br09efq]

yeah, it’s okay arthur. i knew i wanted one of those necklaces since i first saw it. and i realize it’s not going to be made of platinum, that’s fine. i don’t personally think i’ll wear it, looks too dainty. but maybe i’ll meet a nice lady in the future who wants it. and i can give it to her. plus, maybe she’ll want a necklace too.

i was really looking forward to some sort of package that incorporated a teddy bear, or maybe a plush lighthouse that i could hold at night while i listened to my CD while wearing my oceania sneakers, BC boxers, and SP logo hoodie. i guess they don’t market to fans like me.

and why only the one phile suffix category? what about other people like me, myrmecophiles. perhaps a can of raid with a digital download? feels a little exclusive.

Arthur
      Spectator

:lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

When the economy drops a little more, we will probably get offers like: the new album of Smashing Pumpkins, which will be called \"Meeting Merlin\", will be available as a digital high quality download only, priced 25 dollar. BUT! For those who pre-order 3 days in advance, the download will come with a free trip to the UK, for a 2 weeks holiday to find out about the roots of the legendary Merlin. After your return from this trip, your new and completely free of any charge Ford Merlin car will await you on the airport. With of course the new album of Smashing Pumpkins preloaded in the car stereo…

manillascissor
      Keymaster

:lol:[/quote:10k59ek8]

i’m glad someone laughed. :D i cracked myself up with that last post…

manillascissor
      Keymaster

When the economy drops a little more, we will probably get offers like: the new album of Smashing Pumpkins, which will be called "Meeting Merlin", will be available as a digital high quality download only, priced 25 dollar. BUT! For those who pre-order 3 days in advance, the download will come with a free trip to the UK, for a 2 weeks holiday to find out about the roots of the legendary Merlin. After your return from this trip, your new and completely free of any charge Ford Merlin car will await you on the airport. With of course the new album of Smashing Pumpkins preloaded in the car stereo…[/quote:2dra62rw]

:shock: :lol: 8)

Spaceboye
      Spectator

i was really looking forward to some sort of package that incorporated a teddy bear, or maybe a plush lighthouse that i could hold at night while i listened to my CD while wearing my oceania sneakers, BC boxers, and SP logo hoodie. i guess they don’t market to fans like me.
      [/quote:1meti39z]

Fear not Manilla… This next tour will yield a piece of merchandise that you can cuddle up with at night. The Billy Corgan Rocking-Wrestler Sleep Buddy is sure to rock you to sleep while using a folding chair to scare away any bad dreams that may want to hang around. Look for it soon at a Pumpkins show near you.

Arthur
      Spectator

Hi-la-ri-ous! :lol: :lol: :lol:

marigold
      Spectator

I kinda want an octopus hoodie too. :roll:
      I can’t believe the shipping prices…that is a real put-off.

What about a mini Oceania tower that glows in the dark and has a mp3 player that plays the songs. 8)

We should be on the SP marketing team!

I think the song snippets being put on Amazon were either an automatic thing when they put the track listing up, and someone wasn’t communicating properly that the samples shouldn’t be on there.

I’ve been keeping an eye out for tour or album posters here, but haven’t seen any yet. Will be taking pics and trying to get one as soon as I do see them!

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

I can’t believe the shipping prices…that is a real put-off.

What about a mini Oceania tower that glows in the dark and has a mp3 player that plays the songs. 8)
      [/quote:1lcj3y6r]

Shipping price is what did it for me. Amazon it is (as usual)

RE: mini Oceania tower…didn’t we get one of those in the first Teargarden box? It didn’t glow in the dark and there was no MP3 player. But if you think about it, it’s all coming full circle.

as an anecdote: Does anyone remember when Kerry put in the order for 2′ tall oblisk instead of 2" tall ones :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I’ve been keeping an eye out for tour or album posters here, but haven’t seen any yet. Will be taking pics and trying to get one as soon as I do see them![/quote:3dwk01vw]

SPfreaks tweeted a picture of an Oceania tour poster already. :P

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Fear not Manilla… This next tour will yield a piece of merchandise that you can cuddle up with at night. The Billy Corgan Rocking-Wrestler Sleep Buddy is sure to rock you to sleep while using a folding chair to scare away any bad dreams that may want to hang around. Look for it soon at a Pumpkins show near you.[/quote:2ng0sfxs]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yl9T3rxh98[/youtube]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

as an anecdote: Does anyone remember when Kerry put in the order for 2′ tall oblisk instead of 2" tall ones :lol:[/quote:1feeru82]

perhaps kerry had differing ideas as to what the obelisk was to be used for?

marigold
      Spectator

SPfreaks tweeted an Australian Tour Poster. I’m looking out for New Zealand tour posters and ones for the album only (which will be in the record stores) :P

How do I find out if the Octopus t-shirt will be sold at the show? :?

marigold
      Spectator

I linked the SPRC ‘purchase’ page to a friend yesterday and today they replied saying they couldn’t see it.

It’s gone! http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/sprc/ :x :? :(

Arthur
      Spectator

SPfreaks tweeted an Australian Tour Poster.[/quote:fa0zbkfz]
      Actually, it was a newspaper ad only. That seller tried to make it a poster, but it wasn’t.

How do I find out if the Octopus t-shirt will be sold at the show?[/quote:fa0zbkfz]
      I’m sure it will be sold at live shows. They don’t make a few hundred of them to be sold only on the website. Kick me when it turns out I’m wrong. :P

Arthur
      Spectator

I linked the SPRC ‘purchase’ page to a friend yesterday and today they replied saying they couldn’t see it.

It’s gone! http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/sprc/ :x :? :([/quote:1l1l87io]
      The boxes with the left over SP necklaces were probably send back to China to have them melted to children toys and Apple products. But I know someone who is maybe willing to part with such a necklace… Presuming now it will ever arrive! :P

manillascissor
      Keymaster

It’s gone! http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/sprc/ :x :? :([/quote:1mgp7ctl]
      The boxes with the left over SP necklaces were probably send back to China to have them melted to children toys and Apple products. But I know someone who is maybe willing to part with such a necklace… Presuming now it will ever arrive! :P[/quote:1mgp7ctl]

yes because they are probably made of lead

I have listened to the snippets on Amazon, but… [/quote:3cu7bata]
      They seems to be down already.[/quote:3cu7bata]
      they’re available on amazon.co.uk right now: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oceania-The-Sma … 00835UVXU/

Arthur
      Spectator

Haha, even more snippets, in fact all songs of Oceania now have a 30 seconds sample! What do you think Bram? Good album or not? I have mixed feelings, to be honest. Maybe it has to grow on me (wouldn’t be the first time, same happened with the Gish, Adore and Machina II albums).

30 second samples of all songs were also available on amazon.com.

i don’t know. some clips sound ok, others not really. it could be a good album.

Sven
      Spectator

zeitgeist-like production but i like the sound of the new songs live very much…
      the Lisbon show was amazing…:)

Arthur
      Spectator

30 second samples of all songs were also available on amazon.com.[/quote:24c0t5be]
      I only noticed 4 or 5 samples that I could play, but maybe I entered that page while they were in the process of deleting the samples already… Anyway, we have a backup in the UK, as long as it stays online.

Arthur
      Spectator

zeitgeist-like production but i like the sound of the new songs live very much…
      the Lisbon show was amazing…:)[/quote:3evqcre3]
      That’s it, same feelings here. And remember how pleasantly surprised we were in Amsterdam last year, when they played several Oceania songs also… This band is rapidly growing into a solid music machine, at least live, and the release of Oceania will hopefully proof also in the studio. Let’s see.

marigold
      Spectator

SPfreaks tweeted an Australian Tour Poster.[/quote:3hyp2fbr]
      Actually, it was a newspaper ad only. That seller tried to make it a poster, but it wasn’t.[/quote:3hyp2fbr]

That makes me wonder if there will be any tour posters at all!

How do I find out if the Octopus t-shirt will be sold at the show?[/quote:3hyp2fbr]
      I’m sure it will be sold at live shows. They don’t make a few hundred of them to be sold only on the website. Kick me when it turns out I’m wrong. :P[/quote:3hyp2fbr]

I hope so, at the last show all they seemed to have was Zero t-shirts :?

I might make my own SP heart necklace. 8)

…and a tower that plays the Oceania mp3s :P

Arthur
      Spectator

I might make my own SP heart necklace. 8) [/quote:1fyk68ab]
      Cast out of metal? With a big fat leather chain? I’m game to buy the twin brother of that, if you are serious about this… :D

marigold
      Spectator

A few songs sound very Zwan-ish and in a good way.

One Diamond One Heart sounds very similar to a pop song by a NZ artist which I can’t stand. :?

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_(band)
      Album titles: Celestials, Oceanic, Panopticon.
      And there’s a pic of an Isis in the Oceania album cover art.
      Coincidence?

marigold
      Spectator

I might make my own SP heart necklace. 8) [/quote:kar4s4ph]
      Cast out of metal? With a big fat leather chain? I’m game to buy the twin brother of that, if you are serious about this… :D[/quote:kar4s4ph]

:lol:

Aside from being an extra in The Hobbit, my mother makes jewellery as a hobby, but more the beads and thin silver thread type! But, if you want one of those metal with leather chain types, the Weta workshop (for LoTR) probably makes those kinds of things! :P

I also have this:

Arthur
      Spectator

But, if you want one of those metal with leather chain types, the Weta workshop (for LoTR) probably makes those kinds of things! :P [/quote:1xfmt7lb]
      How to reach them? Is that close to you? If so, could you pass them a design, have them make it, and then send it to me? And did they make the necklace in the pic also, is that what you mean? Seems like an pretty OK quality in metal, so I’m interested… :)

marigold
      Spectator

I found that in a shop at Les Baux de Provence, a few hundred miles south of where you are! And I have never been able to find anything like it online since.

The Weta Workshop is about 10mins drive from where I am. http://www.wetanz.com/jewellery/

I don’t think they do designs on demand and it would probably be quite expensive :? But there are probably stores in The Netherlands that could make them and cheaper too! :P

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_(band)
      Album titles: Celestials, Oceanic, Panopticon.
      And there’s a pic of an Isis in the Oceania album cover art.
      Coincidence?[/quote:199kzrb4]
      wow.

where do you see this "isis" on the cover though?

Arthur
      Spectator

where do you see this "isis" on the cover though?[/quote:kifsebd6]
      Standing in the doorway of the pyramid on the left, maybe? No, I could not find it either… Deb?

this is the cover, right?

Arthur
      Spectator

Could be, yes.

Or Debby mistakes this god statue (Atlas, or Hercules?) with Isis?

Sven
      Spectator

concerning Isis (the band): i had the same idea as I own the albums…
      sucks to see BC rip off titles et cetera from a somewhat indie-metal like type band… :(

plus: it’s an awesome band per se and in its own right!

the pyramids and all… yep, Isis, Egypt, Oceania, there we go with the whole cult like thing…

yes it’s VERY much Zwan in music and VERY much Zwan/Zeitgeist in production…. :(

marigold
      Spectator

I have to say, I am excited to hear the full versions of the songs. I don’t think it sounds too Zeitgeist-like.

The Isis statue is part of this pic posted on the Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= … =1&theater

I quite like Isis’ stuff also, just not the vocals. I’m looking forward to hearing Chino vocals with whatever they are recording now! 8)

marigold
      Spectator

The SP heart necklace is back up for anyone who wants it!

i’d say be quick if you really want it

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/store/s … /#!/143082

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i received my hoodie yesterday and the two necklaces today. i’d say topspin is doing a fine job.

also, regarding the necklaces, they are heavier than i initially thought. pretty stout and heavy. i may don one, one day, but for now, both my children are wearing them. :)

Sauli
      Spectator

A few songs sound very Zwan-ish and in a good way. [/quote:1s69xmfh]

yes it’s VERY much Zwan in music and VERY much Zwan/Zeitgeist in production…. [/quote:1s69xmfh]

No, it’s certainly not like Zwan, at least not MSOTS or live Zwan… And yes production/mixing is as poor as on MSOTS & Zeitgeist…

edit typo

Sven
      Spectator

A few songs sound very Zwan-ish and in a good way. [/quote:2rncrc7d]

yes it’s VERY much Zwan in music and VERY much Zwan/Zeitgeist in production…. [/quote:2rncrc7d]

No, it’s certainly not like Zwan, at least not MSOTS or live Zwan… And yes production/mixing is as poor as on MSOTS & Zeitgeist…

edit typo[/quote:2rncrc7d]

having now heard the full songs it’s a lot less ZWAN-like indeed.
      productiion agreed; is very Zeitgeist-ish but the drums do sound awesome…

Viewing 50 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.