Viewing 69 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Spectator

Ok, I know I am a little early. But I thought it’d be helpful if we can start organizing all of the potential Oceania promos that will be hitting the market all over the world. So as you see them, please post them here, and yes that may include you having to pony up and provide the link to the Ebay auction you are bidding on (suck it up).

Hopefully this way, we’ll be able to see what the promos are and what the market will be for a new Smashing Pumpkins album.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

well, i know this may never see the light of day, but billz tweeted about listening to the oceania vinyl test press recently.

Arthur
      Spectator

Very good initiative, here is my contribution already. Results of a Google picture search on Oceania promo cd. :P

Arthur
      Spectator

Another Oceania I came across.

marigold
      Spectator

:lol: I know that one…

Arthur
      Spectator

I’m not surprised lol. Your mom played in that band, maybe, as a side project to her Lord of the Rings acting career? :wink:

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

That looks like Mel C! :lol:

marigold
      Spectator

I’m not surprised lol. Your mom played in that band, maybe, as a side project to her Lord of the Rings acting career? :wink:[/quote:150kpsoz]

haha no…my Dad’s the musical one, but you have to go to the Country Music Hall of Fame in NZ to see my Dad’s name there. 8)

tiny
      Spectator

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Smashing-Pu … 2ebf6fc363

Let the bidding war begin – lol hopefully there is a few copies of this so everyone can have one.

Arthur
      Spectator

Good find! I wonder, is this the album promo, or are they testing the waters for releasing it as a single? I hope it will be a single, because then we might get b-side(s)…

marigold
      Spectator

Good find! I wonder, is this the album promo, or are they testing the waters for releasing it as a single? I hope it will be a single, because then we might get b-side(s)…[/quote:q7as3oac]

*hopes* :)

do you think that’s possible? testing the waters, and then maybe later deciding to release a proper single with b-sides? can that work?
      surely these things need to have been decided a long time ago. unless you’re ok with the first oceania single (proper single with b-sides, not a radio promo) around christmas.

tiny
      Spectator

Good find! I wonder, is this the album promo, or are they testing the waters for releasing it as a single? I hope it will be a single, because then we might get b-side(s)…

I think it is purely a radio promo single to promote the new album; a little like the lightening strikes, freak radio promo’s etc. I am sure full album promos (CDRs) will surface in time as well as further radio promo singles. I doubt commercial singles will be released given the direction of the music industry currently.

Just my thoughts :)

I am sure full album promos (CDRs) will surface in time[/quote:2affu6md]
      i thought they weren’t sending out any promos for this album.
      and it would be a bit ridiculous to make full album promo cd-rs after the album has been released, no?

Arthur
      Spectator

I am sure full album promos (CDRs) will surface in time[/quote:2aujro06]
      i thought they weren’t sending out any promos for this album.
      and it would be a bit ridiculous to make full album promo cd-rs after the album has been released, no?[/quote:2aujro06]
      Last week it was whispered in my ear that the band was sending out promos anyway, but it was not said what kind of promos. So no details about song(s) and artwork. My only 2 guesses to my source were: they will appear on eBay in a few days & they will not contain unreleased or non-Oceania songs. So far my guesses are right… But yeah, I was a little surprised too. My third guess is that we will see a Japanese full album promo, and maybe the Japanese album will even have an extra song, as usual?

Arthur
      Spectator

do you think that’s possible? testing the waters, and then maybe later deciding to release a proper single with b-sides? can that work?[/quote:5k6cpexz]
      Well, that is how it used to work untill recently, anyway. We have even seen single promos that were never upgraded to commercial releases (Muzzle, Daphne Descends) but the first 1 song promo from any Smashing Pumpkins album always ended up being released as a single. Including b-sides. Today, Everlasting Gaze, Tarantula, to name a few. But that was in the old days…

there is no bonus track on the japanese release.

not every sp album had bonus tracks. only siamese dream, adore, machina and zeitgeist had bonus tracks. gish, pisces, mcis, and now also oceania: not.

also think about this: if they had a bonus track on a japanese album release, it was always a b-side of the first single. (it never was a track that was new/not available elsewhere.)
      as there isn’t even a single with b-sides for oceania, it kind of makes sense that there isn’t a bonus track on the japanese release.

Well, that is how it used to work untill recently, anyway. We have even seen single promos that were never upgraded to commercial releases (Muzzle, Daphne Descends) but the first 1 song promo from any Smashing Pumpkins album always ended up being released as a single. Including b-sides. Today, Everlasting Gaze, Tarantula, to name a few. But that was in the old days…[/quote:lsjgpns0]
      wasn’t the first promo for zeitgeist "doomsday clock"?
      and the everlasting gaze was never a commercial single with b-sides. the everlasting gaze was the first promo – just like doomsday clock, if i’m not mistaken about that one – but the first single was stand inside your love.

i also think that all commercial singles were released a week or two before the album came out (definitely true for ava adore and stand inside your love). and otherwise they were at least announced at the time of album release and released not much later.
      which is why i think it’s unlikely that there will be a single with b-sides for oceania. clearly they’ve chosen not to release any singles. it makes little sense to release the first single months after the album came out.

i just don’t see why this promo would mean anything regarding a commercial single with b-sides. to me it’s unrelated. they’ve been sending out radio promos all the time. and that was never to test the water regarding a commercial single release.

also think about this: if they had a bonus track on a japanese album release, it was always a b-side of the first single. (it never was a track that was new/not available elsewhere.)
      [/quote:3p6ilqqq]
      the only japanese release with bonus tracks that i can think of that was somewhat interesting was the today ep.
      not only did it have a b-side of cherub rock (nothing too special), it also contained the b-side from the today 7" (interesting to find this on cd!).
      http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … LS&item=49

Arthur
      Spectator

Bram, I stand fully corrected on some points (Everlasting Gaze for example was not a commercial single anyway, so it can be considered as the album promo for Machina, not all Japanese albums of Smashing Pumpkins contained bonus songs) but this one: \"and that was never to test the water regarding a commercial single release.\" needs some clarification from my side.

As far as I know the music industry, it works(/worked) like this. This is (part of) an email I just send out to inform somebody about the latest Smashing Pumpkins promos, and it hits the subject we are discussing here.

\"Freak and Fellowship were part of a 1 by 1 song release of the Teargarden concept, which is basically a non-album concept. Then 1 song promos (with never an upgrade to a single) make sense, to send them to radio djs and the likes to get some attention and airplay for the name/songs of Smashing Pumpkins and gain commercial interest for the physical EPs that were released so far. There was probably never any intention to release (physical) singles, since the EPs would come out anyway.

But when a full album is released, the 1 song promo has basically 2 meanings: get 1 song of the album (or the new single of the album) on the radio, so the album/single is being promoted and being bought by the fans (so they have that song and more in possession), and/or they test the water for a commercial single release with that same 1 song. Singles are commercially very interesting for a band, because they are

1. very expensive for the buyer (almost as expensive as an album, for comparison!), so a lot of cash profit for the band and
      2. when a fan likes the single he will buy the album anyway, which generates even more cash for the band!

Furthermore, by putting b-sides on a single it makes it very interesting for the fans that bought the album straightaway, to buy the single also for the non-album songs. Most of the times this is a win-win-win situation for a band that is on top of everything: being very popular. Look at the MCIS era, for example.

That’s why this Celestials promo is at least an album promo, but maybe also a single promo. We just don’t know yet, especially the single part… Because how big is the market these days for singles? How much (new/renewed) popularity will Smashing Pumpkins get in the near future? Only time will tell what happens next!\"

So yeah, it is my fair belief/knowledge that bands do test the waters for commercial singles, by sending 1 song promos to radio djs. I think Muzzle and Daphne Descends can be considered as such type of promos. Not all singles of an album, if considered beforehand, are on a list of fixed releases. Otherwise the band/label has the risk that the whole batch of commercial singles has to be deleted and destroyed, before they end up in the ramsj boxes… But I go with you Bram, for Oceania there will be, most probably, no (physical) singles.

And I checked the Doomsday Clock thingy, but I couldn’t find any physical 1 song promo for that in our database… It was Tarantula. First promo for album & single, since both were released in the same week (early July 2007).

ok.
      i agree that not every single has to be planned in advance. but i think it’s unlikely that they’ve released this promo with the goal to test the market. i think it’s way more likely that they did to promote the new album (get some airplay).

And I checked the Doomsday Clock thingy, but I couldn’t find any physical 1 song promo for that in our database… It was Tarantula. First promo for album & single, since both were released in the same week (early July 2007).[/quote:3kdzpd5b]
      here it is (it’s under "zeitgeist"): http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=2655
      i do remember that doomsday clock was already out when i was at the shepherd’s bush empire, london show on 19 june 2007. i think it had been out for a couple of days then.

Arthur
      Spectator

Here is the answer for Oceania singles: nope.

http://m.musicradar.com/news/guitars/in … les-549792

\"And the funny thing is, we didn’t talk about singles at all on this record. We didn’t even release a single, we haven’t even worked a single, and songs are now being picked off the album and being played by the alternative radio stations because they’re strong. And for the past few years where we’ve tried to get traction with radio and tried to work with them and played their radio shows, and hired the independent radio people to work the record, all this crap that they ask you to do, we couldn’t get anywhere because it didn’t fit into their weird demographic shit.\"

Arthur
      Spectator

i do remember that doomsday clock was already out when i was at the shepherd’s bush empire, london show on 19 june 2007. i think it had been out for a couple of days then.[/quote:29zw1hcd]
      But the very first snippets on the radio, and the first full song of Zeitgeist also, was Tarantula, if I’m right? Not that it really matters, there was indeed this Doomsday Clock promo. Had forgotten about it… I must be getting old. VERY old… :cry:

i believe the first thing we heard from zeitgeist was ten seconds of tarantula, yes.

i can’t remember if tarantula was the first full song out there, but i guess that makes sense. was tarantula out there before the first show in paris?

i’ve found a thread on netphoria about tarantula, and it was started on 19 may 2007. so the song was out there. maybe not necessarily on a promo cd, but people could listen to it.

edit: threads go back to 14-15 may. so i guess that’s when the track finally popped up. at the beginning, people were talking about voting for the song to be played on a radio station. so i guess that’s where it first showed up (for the online community), and i guess that’s where the first mp3 came from (for me).
      from what i can find in several old threads from around 22 may, a promo cd was out there, and several rips were being circulated. i can’t confirm that there actually was a promo cd, but people claimed that the rips were made from a cd, so.

marigold
      Spectator

Tarantula was definitely the first song…quite a lot of promotion around it – there was a little competition where people could edit and make their own version of the Tarantula video…

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1jEuW-55R0[/youtube]

there was a little competition where people could edit and make their own version of the Tarantula video…[/quote:27157meq]
      yes, but the video and that competition were much later than the promo cds for tarantula or doomsday clock. so that’s not really related.

marigold
      Spectator

well, I guess Doomsday Clock was not promoted in NZ at all, I just remember Tarantula being the first single. The radio stations here only play 90’s SP ‘hits’ anyway… :roll:

So were both Tarantula and Doomsday Clock used as promos at the same time? And then Tarantula chosen as the single?
      Would be nice to have a single released from Oceania, but yeah, it looks like they’re just having the album promoted using The Celestials.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

what are we arguing about? celestials is the first promotional single for oceania.

whether or not it will have a follow-up single issued with b-sides remains to be seen, but much like to sheila, crestfallen, muzzle, daphne descends etc are promo singles, so is celestials. or are we all of a sudden calling these non-promo singles?

if it is not, then we should treat it like we did the doomsday clock promo. a one-track zeitgeist promo.

and then we should go back and do the same thing for the everlasting gaze promos.

there is a promo for it, it’s a single song, it’s a promo single.

Arthur
      Spectator

It is just a matter of definition. I would never call Celestials a promo single, but an album promo. Since the band has no intention releasing singles, it is not a single promo.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

It is just a matter of definition. I would never call Celestials a promo single, but an album promo. Since the band has no intention releasing singles, it is not a single promo.[/quote:qas5lv77]

the band had no intention of releasing an album. does that make oceania an EP?

Arthur
      Spectator

No, it makes Teargarden a bunch of 44 – 13 = 31 singles. 31 loose singles outside the 13 grouped singles on Oceania. Just kidding.. But why is it so difficult? When a 1 song or multiple songs promo is promoting an album, it is an album promo. When it is promoting an EP, it is an EP promo. When it is promoting a single, it is a single promo. But I agree, a lot of those promos are used to promote both an album and a single.

But I think why you are just as stubborn about this as undersigned. Celestials contains a single song only, that is why it is a single promo, or promo single. If we define everything up to 3 songs as a single, 4-6 songs as an EP, 7-9 songs as a mini-album, and everything with 10 songs or more as an album or double-album when it contains enough songs… Yes, I agree. Celestials is a single. But it does not promote Celestials, the first single of the Oceania album. It’s intentional use is to promote the album (only). So it is by nature, and by heart, an album promo.

Which reminds me I have a double-album of Godspeed, You Black Emperor, and it contains 4 songs only. Each of them 20 to 25 minutes long… Hmmm… Whatever.

geofolkers
      Spectator

Oceania vinyl test press :)

http://www.rasputinmusic.com/?p=6498

marigold
      Spectator

^^ lucky California people :P

Which reminds me I have a double-album of Godspeed, You Black Emperor, and it contains 4 songs only. Each of them 20 to 25 minutes long… Hmmm… Whatever.[/quote:2c9smxvh]

I have an ‘EP’ (digital) of a band called Jakob, which is made up of one song of 29 minutes :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Yes, I agree. Celestials is a single. But it does not promote Celestials, the first single of the Oceania album. It’s intentional use is to promote the album (only). So it is by nature, and by heart, an album promo.[/quote:6spfcfsc]

Why do you think this? Oceania is mentioned NOWHERE on this release. Only Celestials.

geofolkers
      Spectator

Has anyone looked at the back of this \"The Celestials\" promo? Does the back seem somewhat odd to anyone? It’s kinda like a business card to me

i’ve never thought about releases being either a \"single promo\", an \"ep promo\", or an \"album promo\", although i understand what those terms are intended to mean.
      i just call these 1-track promos \"promo singles\", as they’re singles, and promotional.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

http://www.rasputinmusic.com/?p=6498[/quote:2wckwcp1]

Entered the contest. I’ll let you guys know as soon as I win.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

http://www.rasputinmusic.com/?p=6498[/quote:2bzta874]

Entered the contest. I’ll let you guys know as soon as I win.[/quote:2bzta874]

i like the confidence. 8)

picture from the winner from sp.com:

Arthur
      Spectator

That pic will be uploaded shortly, thanks!

Meanwhile I won an UK promo album with press sheet on eBay.

ooh! what does it look like?

Arthur
      Spectator

Nothing special really. Stickered (on the back) commercial album, like the JP promo album for Oceania. Although, the Japanese tend to print something on the CD also, mentioning it is a promo. Anyway, the press sheet is rather impressive though, double sided A4 with an interview with Billy Corgan.

is that the same interview that they have on msopr.com?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

is that the same interview that they have on msopr.com?[/quote:18r6pc65]

mary star of public relations?

it’s the msopr.com interview: http://www.msopr.com/n/client-roster/th … -pumpkins/

‘OCEANIA’

THE ALBUM:

OCEANIA is the new album by THE SMASHING PUMPKINS, out June 19 via Martha’s Music/EMI Label Services/Caroline Distribution. The hauntingly beautiful album cover image (above) was photographed by Richard Shay, son of Chicago legend Art Shay.

OCEANIA was recorded at singer/guitarist BILLY CORGAN’s private studio in Chicago with his bandmates: guitarist JEFF SCHROEDER, drummer MIKE BYRNE and bassist/vocalist NICOLE FIORENTINO. The powerful 13-song collection (see track listing below) was produced by Corgan and Bjorn Thorsrud and mixed by David Bottrill. Marking THE SMASHING PUMPKINS’ 7th studio record, it is “an album within an album,” part of their 44-song work-in-progress TEARGARDEN BY KALEIDYSCOPE.

OCEANIA was created by the band as a true album experience for listeners to fully immerse themselves in the songs and musical performances. For its release, the band is making the best efforts for all the fans to hear it at the same time as press or radio. In 2012, THE PUMPKINS will perform OCEANIA in full at their solo shows worldwide, backed by visuals prepared by Sean Evans, whose most recent work was assisting Roger Waters on the newest staging of “The Wall.” THE PUMPKINS will be using new technology in video mapping to create something new and previously unseen. For the second half of the show, THE PUMPKINS will perform classics from their body of work.

Q&A WITH BILLY CORGAN ABOUT THE MAKING OF ‘OCEANIA’:

Can you talk about how the recording of ‘Oceania’ may have differed in any way from previous Smashing Pumpkins albums?

“We worked for a time in an empty movie theatre in Sedona during the winter months of early 2011, sketching out some primary versions of the songs while trying to dial in the emotional terrain we were seeking. In that kind of process it wasn’t that unusual from past records where I’d worked with a band as a unit to help me define a set of templates to work towards. We’d just come off the road, and had a good sense of what was no longer working in our eyes from a dynamic point of view. We worked hard to create space in the music, but not lose any of the emotive power that I like to have behind my songs.”

You finished ‘Oceania’ before deciding to team up with EMI Label Services/Caroline Distribution, so that would mean you were completely artistically free to create the album you wanted to make. Want to tell us about your creative mind-set during the recording?

“From a production standpoint I was dead set on making an album where every song was just as valuable as any other, ignoring the typical claptrap you hear about needing a single. The only way to make the case that every song on Oceania is worth hearing is to put your heart into the sequence as a cohesive whole. Once we felt we’d achieved that balance, only then did we let anyone outside our world hear the record we’d made. The chance to work within the EMI system again felt right to me. But unlike years in the past where I was under a set contract and beholden to a set of external forces which didn’t always fall in our favor, in this set-up they are now our partners in putting Oceania out to a wider marketplace than we could reach on our own.”

What do you feel your bandmates have added to the album?

“I’ve been adamant in stressing that as a group, first and foremost, we are here to make new music together. I’m proud to say that on Oceania I feel we’ve cut our own path forward. Jeff, Mike, and Nicole have all made significant contributions to the tone and texture of Oceania, which is an album that is unlike any I’ve ever made. Yet at the same time I believe it upholds the same musical values I’ve always pushed for with The Pumpkins, be they progressive, emotional, epic, or restless.

Do you feel the recording of the album benefitted by the band having played some of these songs on the road first?

If we’ve learned anything from playing as an intact unit now for over two years, it’s that unless we create our own sound and our own legacy, it’s a given that people will default to what they know; whether it’s my past or someone else’s. We know we have much more in us to share than being an alluring, virtual jukebox. Being in The Pumpkins will always be defined by what we can create from our hands and hearts right now, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

THE ‘OCEANIA’ TRACK LISTING:

Quasar

Panopticon

The Celestials

Violet Rays

My Love is Winter

One Diamond, One Heart

Pinwheels

Oceania

Pale Horse

The Chimera

Glissandra

Inkless

Wildflower

About The Smashing Pumpkins:

THE SMASHING PUMPKINS have created one of the most acclaimed bodies of work in musical history having sold more than 30 million albums, and won multiple Grammy awards in the process. Formed in Chicago in 1988, they released Gish, their influential and platinum debut in 1991, which was followed by albums including the nine-time platinum Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness and the four-time platinum Siamese Dream, as well as the platinum certified 1998 album Adore. The pivotal group’s many hits defined the alternative music era and continue to resonate on modern rock radio, influencing a whole new generation. The PUMPKINS returned in 2007 with their acclaimed sixth album Zeitgeist and they have since remained on the cutting edge of music and technology with various online releases. OCEANIA is their 7th studio album and the band will support it with a global tour in 2012.

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com

http://www.facebook.com/smashingpumpkins

http://twitter.com/smashingpumpkin

http://twitter.com/Billy

http://www.youtube.com/smashingpumpkins

# # #

For more information, please contact:

MSO PR: 818-380-0400

Mitch Schneider: mschneider@msopr.com

Todd Brodginski: toddb@msopr.com

Alexandra Greenberg: agreenberg@msopr.com[/quote:3hq88ekz]

picture from the winner from sp.com:
      [/quote:2m9vdp1q]
      about the oceania LP test pressings, are these two entries duplicates?
      http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=3659
      http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=3777

also, on the 3777 entry, i see the matrix code for side B is listed as "818610010018 Bre2 S-81207 KE 1"
      wouldn’t that be more likely to end in "RE 1" instead of "KE 1"? the label also says "re 1".

manillascissor
      Keymaster

about the oceania LP test pressings, are these two entries duplicates?
      http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=3659
      http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=3777

also, on the 3777 entry, i see the matrix code for side B is listed as "818610010018 Bre2 S-81207 KE 1"
      wouldn’t that be more likely to end in "RE 1" instead of "KE 1"? the label also says "re 1".[/quote:1m190oxh]

those are indeed duplicates. i deleted the pictures but forgot to delete the entry. thanks, i’ll fix that.

the Bre2 i thought initially said BreZ, but that made no sense. so then i thought perhaps it is just a fucked up 1. but no. i checked the test press AND the oceania US release and it’s quite clear that it is either BreZ or Bre2. why it would be a 2, i don’t know for sure, but it’s not a 1. that is for sure, at least with my copies. so i went with Bre2.

the KE 1 is an obvious K, not an R. again, i had all the same thoughts here, and it’s a K. i have no idea, again, what this means, but i know it’s a K and not an R.

King of Gloom
      Spectator

There is a Celestials promo up for sale on the ‘Dutch eBay’, Marktplaats.

http://vernieuwd.marktplaats.nl/a/cd-s- … ousPage=lr

Arthur
      Spectator

I’m bidding on it already. :)

Thanks for pointing that thingy to us, I still didn’t find it on eBay so far. You’re not bidding yourself, I presume? If you are, I will stop bidding. Because you found it first. Gentreman agreement. :wink:

King of Gloom
      Spectator

I’m bidding too, but I’m a bit tight on money so I can’t afford to go too high! I’ll let you know if I stop bidding so you can pick it up. :)

SPfreaks
      Spectator

there is no page 3

SPfreaks
      Spectator

now there is

manillascissor
      Keymaster

weird glitch again. fixed?

Finally acquired a celestials promo for $70.00; what about those panopticon promo cds I have only seen one on ebay, has there been others????????????

Finally acquired a celestials promo for $70.00; what about those panopticon promo cds I have only seen one on ebay, has there been others????????????

Arthur
      Spectator

I’m bidding too, but I’m a bit tight on money so I can’t afford to go too high! I’ll let you know if I stop bidding so you can pick it up. :)[/quote:1mbcscff]
      Deal, King! :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Finally acquired a celestials promo for $70.00; what about those panopticon promo cds I have only seen one on ebay, has there been others????????????[/quote:157cg1vq]
      Can’t find it either… :(

King of Gloom
      Spectator

Arthur, you can go for the Celestials promo if you want to. It sucks being a poor student! :?

King of Gloom
      Spectator

Did you win the Celestials promo, Arthur? I see its status is changed to reserved.

Arthur
      Spectator

Did you win the Celestials promo, Arthur? I see its status is changed to reserved.[/quote:1rcveu34]
      Yeah… and at the same time I won another one on eBay for $50. They went for $100+ in the beginning, I never expected this to happen. At the same time I never wanted to pay more than $50 – $60 (in fact $25 is already more than enough, if you ask me), so either I’m kind of lucky, or the prices are dropping dramatically lately… :roll:

And when that Marktplaats promo is not a Dutch promo, but the US promo again, I will have a spare one…

Trade for a Panopticon promo, anyone? :lol:

now that looks more like a normal price. i hope more copies show up for $25.

Arthur
      Spectator

Offer not valid anymore. It’s the EMI EU promo. With eternal thanks to you King! 8)

King of Gloom
      Spectator

Offer not valid anymore. It’s the EMI EU promo. With eternal thanks to you King! 8)[/quote:1vcntmy4]

No problemo! I’ll see if I can get me one soon :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Offer not valid anymore. It’s the EMI EU promo. With eternal thanks to you King! 8)[/quote:tq29pfsu]

No problemo! I’ll see if I can get me one soon :)[/quote:tq29pfsu]

same here! but i have my sights set slightly higher for the time being. all secret, for now, of course. ;) 8) :twisted: :evil:

Arthur
      Spectator

Me thinks you already have the Oceania vinyl test pressing? :roll:

Offer not valid anymore. It’s the EMI EU promo. With eternal thanks to you King! 8)[/quote:11w91ky3]
      wow! :shock:

Arthur
      Spectator

The front is exactly the same as the US promo (which I still have to receive), but the jewelcase is slimline, and the CD is different. I call it the EU promo for the moment, because it looks like one. There is no indication of a country/region to find. Snapshot from my mobile:

Arthur
      Spectator

Little sidenote…

It’s funny that this type of Celestials promo single didn’t show up on eBay yet. We have seen 3 or 4 Danish Celestials promo singles on eBay, but not this one so far. Weird? Is this one maybe (even more) rare, for that reason? :roll:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Little sidenote…

It’s funny that this type of Celestials promo single didn’t show up on eBay yet. We have seen 3 or 4 Danish Celestials promo singles on eBay, but not this one so far. Weird? Is this one maybe (even more) rare, for that reason? :roll:[/quote:ozwdz7fj]

it’s possible. remember those zeitgeist UK promos that came in the purple sleeves. they are exceedingly rare.

Viewing 69 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.