Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author

jupiter
      Keymaster

Lately, it seems I’m hypersensitive to people’s opinions and have come to the conclusion that they are just that. Fucking opinions that are not mine. I love everyone and respect their right to one, but for fuck’s sake, buy a vowel man.

Arthur
      Spectator

:roll:

\"A vowel is a type of sound for which there is no closure of the asshole at any point where vocalization occurs.\"

:lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

:lol:
      where do we buy said vowels manilla? :twisted:
      and you’re right they’re someone elses opinions, you know what’s good for you :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

don’t you find it exhausting listening to other people’s bullshit, day after day?

it completely drains me

blueczarina
      Spectator

it definitley drains me. sometimes i find listening to some people physically painfully, especially if its always the same crap everytime they open their mouths.

marigold
      Spectator

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.[/quote:292otld2] ~Oscar Wilde, De Profundis, 1905

that quote, it’s just wow.

it drains me too, when people say the same things over and over again and nothing ever changes.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

this thread sucks

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

all my friends sum up that quote completely.
      I try talking to them about new ideas and all they ever do is quote movies or shows that they watch.

It gets so tiring sometimes because all I want to do is have an exciting conversation with them and all I ever get is rehashed jokes. :(

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I try talking to them about new ideas and all they ever do is quote movies or shows that they watch.([/quote:1aog43cw]

this kills me. i struggle with this EXACT problem everyday. for me, it’s southpark. i don’t find it particularly funny, and the people i work with will quote unfunny lines for minutes on end, laughing at shit they just said yesterday. it makes me uncomfortable.

marigold
      Spectator

I used to work with people in London who would just talk about what happened on Eastenders (soap opera where everyone seems to moan about stuff) the night before…and I didn’t watch it, so had no interest in talking about it to them.

I guess that is all they have in their lives though, work, go home, watch TV. :roll:

@ Daysofthephoenix – sounds like you need different friends!

jupiter
      Spectator

you can come on here and have a good conversation DotP!

marigold
      Spectator

This quote from Steve Jobs reminds me of the Oscar Wilde one:

\"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.\"

Steve Jobs
      US computer engineer & industrialist (1955 – 2011)

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

Yeah, I can always count on the people on this site to keep my life interesting. :D
      Especially with some of the conversations on here.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

used to be so many more…

:(

marigold
      Spectator

hey, you’ve still got us! :P

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I haven’t left this site in 3 years and don’t ever plan on abandoning it. :D

marigold
      Spectator

Do you have an opinion? A mind of your own?
      I thought you were special, I thought you should know
      But I’ve run out of patience, and I couldn’t care less…

It is kinda sad there are not as many people on here anymore and I know I am one of them. I am always so busy with work and at home the baby keeps me and my husband busy. Of course I am happy I love my family but sometimes I miss those days when I had plenty of spare time to do whatever I wanted to do. It is like I am not even the same person I used to be. I guess I really am not. It is weird though, it seems like my past is only a dream, like it wasn’t even real.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.[/quote:plb3y1x2] ~Oscar Wilde, De Profundis, 1905[/quote:plb3y1x2]

vianne
      Spectator

this is kind of off topic, but you also have to cut off your own thoughts or opinions of yourself (the weird ones that are even just a little negative, such as \"i’m never gonna stop procrastinating/being lazy\"), because all they are are thoughts. they can be discarded the second you have them. you can have a different one, a more positive one, like \"i’m getting more & more productive every day\" or something similar to that.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

this is kind of off topic, but you also have to cut off your own thoughts or opinions of yourself (the weird ones that are even just a little negative, such as "i’m never gonna stop procrastinating/being lazy"), because all they are are thoughts. they can be discarded the second you have them. you can have a different one, a more positive one, like "i’m getting more & more productive every day" or something similar to that.[/quote:3pfhgpit]

agreed. the power of positive thinking is amazing.

jupiter
      Spectator

\"like\"

Viewing 22 reply threads

The forum ‘Philosophical Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.