Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

SPfreaks
      Spectator

We get the same error when referencing the 103rd page of the \"Latest Pumpkins Related Item You Bought\" thread.

It’s possible some sort of memory limit was reached for a particular thread. We will notify Redwolf to see if a fix can be made.

Thanks!

what a weird bug.
      i see it’s \"fixed\" now. good.
      but what caused it? and won’t it come back once we get close to reaching page 104?

maybe it’s time to close that thread and start over with a fresh one.

a similar thing happens on netphoria, when there’s a thread with a lot of muted posts. (members can be muted. this means their posts are invisible.)

when you try to open the last page, say number 70, but because of the muted posts, there are only 68 pages of posts left, then you can’t see page 70. (however, when calculating the total amount of pages in a thread, muted posts aren’t taken into account. which basically causes the problem.)
      but instead of getting an error message, you get redirected to the last available page. in my example, this is page 68.

the problem is back. now for page 104.

i do suggest, as the easiest and quickest fix, to close the current thread, and to continue the conversation in a new thread.

SPfreaks
      Spectator

the problem is back. now for page 104.

i do suggest, as the easiest and quickest fix, to close the current thread, and to continue the conversation in a new thread.[/quote:1lnvvosf]
      Done as suggested. Thanks for the consideration. :!:

same bug now appears in this thread: http://forum.spfreaks.com/viewtopic.php?t=364&start=100
      it’s impossible to reach page 6.

maybe it is time to look at what actually causes these flawed threads. or we will run into these forever.

any chance it has got something to do with messages from spambots that get deleted, but maybe still get counted when calculating how many pages a thread is?

marigold
      Spectator

Not sure how that would add up in a thread, as the spammers get blocked before they can post anything (most of the time), so it’s a bug to do with the thread itself – but I don’t know what sort of bug – and yes this needs to get checked out.

SPfreaks
      Spectator

same bug now appears in this thread: http://forum.spfreaks.com/viewtopic.php?t=364&start=100
      it’s impossible to reach page 6.

maybe it is time to look at what actually causes these flawed threads. or we will run into these forever.

any chance it has got something to do with messages from spambots that get deleted, but maybe still get counted when calculating how many pages a thread is?[/quote:1clmjv35]

It probably has a lot to do with ghost posts, but it has been fixed. Unfortunately, it will have to be fixed each and every time, but, nevertheless, it takes under a minute to do. Thanks for pointing this out.

Viewing 7 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.