Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

alladnzane
      Spectator

SPRC promised to release a bunch of new material after the release of the PI reissue, but I haven’t heard a thing about it since. Does anyone know what happened? Is Lucky 13 working on this?

Arthur
      Spectator

The last thing we heard is from June 2012 on Crestfallen.com. Obviously it didn’t happen with the Mellon Collie reissue, so let’s put our hopes on the The Aeroplane Flies High reissue. :?

Billy Corgan tells Crestfallen.com new details about the upcoming Mellon Collie & Aeroplane reissues

As we had reported over the weekend Billy had said “[The Mellon Collie reissue] will [have] 3 extra cd’s of music. Aeroplane Flies High probably 2 extra”.

This morning Crestfallen was able to learn more about the upcoming Mellon Collie & Aeroplane reissues in an email with Billy Corgan. In the email, Billy said that they have been working very hard on over 75 unreleased / alt mixes for Mellon Collie. Which of those end up on the final release is still to be seen. In addition, another batch of songs is being set aside for a future SPRC bundle release.

When speaking about the Aeroplane Flies High reissue, he mentioned that he had been listening to the suggestions from fans through the Lucky 13 project and is planning on releasing a compilation of the best tracks from the 1995 Double Door shows. He also mentions the possibility of later releasing the last 2 Double Door shows in full through other channels such as the SPRC.

UPDATE: Billy has just informed Crestfallen that they have located the 2nd show from the 1995 Double Door shows, which means they have two versions of Towers of Rabble. Billy told us that we can expect one of those for sure will make either the mcis or aeroplane box.[/quote:z95h0t47]

King of Gloom
      Spectator

They just can’t go promising things without actually doing it! Another thing: when I got my SD and Gish reissues, there was this download code inside but I couldn’t find where I could use that code. I messaged the Pumpkins on Twitter, but no reply. They should sort this out cause it doesn’t look professional at all.

Arthur
      Spectator

I know what you mean. On the other hand, in a timeframe of just over one year we see the Gish reissue, Siamese Dream reissue, Blissed flexi, Oceania, Pisces Iscariot reissue, The Celestials 7\" and a mindblowing Mellon Collie reissue. They have not been really lazy over there! :lol:

But yeah, SPRC was established for releasing the rarities. They gave us 6 tracks for free at the end of 2011 (September – December), and then it went silent. Lucky 13 looks like a 1 time advisory board type of thingy to SPRC to me. I wonder if it still exists. They did an inquiry early this year, results were handed over to SPRC/the band/Billy Corgan and then it went silent again after the message above about the Double Door compilation. Which is nice, of course, if it sees the day of light someday. But there is so much more that could/should be released. Like the Library of Congress tapes of Smashing Pumpkins, for example.

No idea what is going on currently, to be honest. If I were to handle such projects, I would at least involve all the fan sites worldwide mentioned on the Community section on SP.com, instead of just one of them. And I would definately communicate more often, also about the delays, when they occur. But for some reason they never asked me, lol! :wink:

King of Gloom
      Spectator

I guess I’m just spoiled! :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I know what you mean. On the other hand, in a timeframe of just over one year we see the Gish reissue, Siamese Dream reissue, Blissed flexi, Oceania, Pisces Iscariot reissue, The Celestials 7" and a mindblowing Mellon Collie reissue. They have not been really lazy over there! :lol:
      [/quote:6bau9a7i]

alladnzane
      Spectator

Billy promised the issue of each track from PASTICHIO MEDLEY in its full running… will he use the SPRC? with the MCIS re issue, it’s time to do something GREAT, using all media as possible. WANT to believe in it…

Viewing 6 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.