Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author

King of Gloom
      Keymaster

a lot of people have been wondering how limited is this release, exactly. i would answer, it’s impossible to know, because we don’t know yet if shelves will be restocked or if the stocking was a one time deal.

what i can tell you, are a few numbers that i’ve found after researching the internet for like, 1.5 minutes:

there are 1,772 target stores in the US.

assuming EVERY SINGLE STORE did or will (by tuesday) receive their own three (3) personal copies, then the pressing is 5,316. a strange pressing number, not very likely.

now what i’ve also deduced is that some stores (the one in hollywood, specifically) had five (5) copies. hmm. this changes things a bit. but only a very small bit.

i’ve also heard some stores did not and will not be receiving their copies, but i think there may be some \"user error\" in there too.

so, in summation, i think probably 106 stores in the US got the shaft and a majority received their 3 with some variations from here to there. variations of 1-2, regionally. not a big deal. if you add up roughly 1,666 stores, multiply it by roughly 3 a piece, the pressing is almost exactly 5,000.

this number, for comparison, is how many pressings of the i am one 10\" exist or were pressed initially. you can still find these online for $30 or less.

it’s super-high on the demand list now, but even with that said, most people are not willing to pay more than $20 for it. that seems about right to me.

now, the 1,666 and 88 are interesting. but i don’t know why and have no knowledge thereof.

now, the 1,666 and 88 are interesting. but i don’t know why and have no knowledge thereof.[/quote:1r4pjcxm]
      there’s nothing interesting about 1666 or the relation between 1666 and 88. i’m a math expert, so i know what i’m talking about.

88 however is the neonazi code for "heil hitler". (h is the eighth letter of the alphabet.) you’re free to find that interesting, if that’s how you roll.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

in case you want to waste more of your time, have a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_(number)

there are so many connections to this number, it’s unreal. here’s what i found interesting and billy-esque:

number of constellations in the sky
      approximate number of days for mercury to complete one orbit
      – heavily tied to luck in china
      – means hugs and kisses when using ham radio
      – number of keys on a piano
      – the square of 88 is 7744. i find that endlessly amusing, if you’re into palindromic numbers

the two highlighted connections relate to the sky, kind of the whole point of the song title, no?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

now, the 1,666 and 88 are interesting. but i don’t know why and have no knowledge thereof.[/quote:ri55mgcc]
      there’s nothing interesting about 1666 or the relation between 1666 and 88. i’m a math expert, so i know what i’m talking about.

88 however is the neonazi code for "heil hitler". (h is the eighth letter of the alphabet.) you’re free to find that interesting, if that’s how you roll.[/quote:ri55mgcc]

yeah i never said the two were related. and yes, 1,666 is interesting, to me. and yes, i realize the nazi connection too, although, something tells me that is quite irrelevant in this case.

– the square of 88 is 7744. i find that endlessly amusing, if you’re into palindromic numbers[/quote:kl04pv8m]
      7744 isn’t palindromic though.

but it is quite special that a square ends up looking like that: [url:kl04pv8m]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7744_%28number%29[/url:kl04pv8m]

88 and 7,744 form a unique pair. There appear to be no other squares which are composed of exactly two contiguous groups of multiple equal digits, that is, its digits form the pattern nnn…n mmm…m.[/quote:kl04pv8m]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

its not palindromic, no, but contains two. am i stretching the rules? yes.

yep. you’re definitely stretching it.

i think numbers shouldn’t be stretched. it hurts my math heart.

Arthur
      Spectator

i think numbers shouldn’t be stretched. it hurts my math heart.[/quote:3ift1g6o]
      Talking about stretching… I think that the number 8 is nothing more than a 0 (zero) with a tight belt. No?

i think it’s a three and a mirrored three.

or a rotated infinity symbol.

Arthur
      Spectator

or a rotated infinity symbol.[/quote:1mw3paew]
      And probably there is the link to the shirt: kitty kat will bite you into infinity. Twice.

i don’t like the shirt.

Arthur
      Spectator

I love it. :twisted:

Arthur
      Spectator

this number, for comparison, is how many pressings of the i am one 10" exist or were pressed initially. you can still find these online for $30 or less.

it’s super-high on the demand list now, but even with that said, most people are not willing to pay more than $20 for it. that seems about right to me.[/quote:383q534y]
      5,000 seems like a reasonable number to me. Presuming we see them appear everywhere in the Target stores by tomorrow. If not, it might be a pressing in the 1,000 range. Just a wild guess… And with the shirt in a box it makes it a somewhat different release, no? Compared to I Am One 10", I mean.

Arthur
      Spectator

I love it. :twisted:[/quote:1npxab7m]
      It’s the reason I bought it anyway. :evil:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

marigold
      Spectator

When i saw the 88 on the t-shirt i immediately linked it to the first year of SP…or is that 87?

:? :roll:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i immediately linked it to two eights in a row. nothing more. not even the number, 88.

When i saw the 88 on the t-shirt i immediately linked it to the first year of SP…or is that 87?

:? :roll:[/quote:1b53q82s]
      don’t go there!

:lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

:? :roll:[/quote:2lli7iua]
      don’t go there!

:lol:[/quote:2lli7iua]
      I did, a few months ago. :P

http://spfreaks.wordpress.com/2012/08/2 … d-in-1988/

i know, arthur. i know.

too late now. look what you’ve done, marigold!

marigold
      Spectator

i think it’s a three and a mirrored three.[/quote:g199l4c7]

or a 33 and mirrored 33 :shock:

or 44+44 :?:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

anyone got a track length (duration) for the inkless (original version)?

littlecacti
      Spectator

They’re still promoting this thing a lot on their Facebook page, they’ve posted about it twice in the past few weeks, I guess around Black Friday shopping deals…but do any stores even have them anymore?! None of the Targets in my state even got them in the first place. I checked all three!

Arthur
      Spectator

You only got three Target stores in your whole state?

But yeah, I noticed the marketing too. There are still several on eBay, but most probably 99% of the Target stores are sold out.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i can possibly pick up 3 more. not telling where, but stay tuned. no promises.

littlecacti
      Spectator

But yeah, I noticed the marketing too. There are still several on eBay, but most probably 99% of the Target stores are sold out.[/quote:1499fj33]

Yup. I live in Delaware, we’re a very small state!

King of Gloom
      Spectator

But yeah, I noticed the marketing too. There are still several on eBay, but most probably 99% of the Target stores are sold out.[/quote:3r97hfo5]

Yup. I live in Delaware, we’re a very small state![/quote:3r97hfo5]

Viewing 27 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.