Viewing 165 reply threads
  • Author

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

November 13, 2007 – New tour dates announced – UK shows

In addition to the 2007 Vienna, Austria show announced yesterday, there are 4 more dates to inform our European friends of.

February 6, 2008 – Paris, France – Bercy
      February 14, 2008 – Nottingham, UK – Nottingham Arena
      February 15, 2008 – Manchester, UK – MEN Arena
      February 16, 2008 – London, UK – O2 Arena

Tickets for each of the preceding tour dates will be on sale THIS FRIDAY at http://www.gigsandtours.com
      A ticket link for the Paris show is still forthcoming.

January 31, 2008 – Vienna, Austria – Stadthalle

Tickets on sale Nov. 14, 2007. Check http://www.musicticket.at and http://www.oeticket.at to purchase tickets online

The Pumpkins will be heading back to Europe to kick off 2008. Expect more dates VERY soon!

Oh God, i hope that they won’t forget Portugal…

(SPfreaks: moved to \"Smashing Pumpkins Tour Info & Concert Reviews Forum\")

Sven
      Spectator

i really think these venues are way way way too big!!!
      at TSP zenith in 1996/1997 and the end in 2000 they managed these kind of halls
      now i can’t see these selling out
      they should have chosen the 3.500 – 5.000 capacity venues instead i think

i know the Dutch date and venue but cannot say just yet
      i think it might be announced tomorrow in Dutch newspaper ads
      however – it’s not what you might expect!!!

aw come on, sven. tell us. come on…

:( :cry:

can you say the date?

fuck!

only yesterday did my dad reject me getting tix for MCR at the O2 arena (granted, the show is tomorrow but there was other stuff apart from that) so how the hell am i gonna persuade him to get me tix to see SP!?!

ugh. i’ve gotta save my money to help buy a ps3 or ps3 games for me for christmas. which basically means no tix for fucking ages :x :cry:

they’d BETTER not sell out :evil:

Arthur
      Spectator

These are the German dates.

21.02.2008 München Olympiahalle
      22.02.2008 Frankfurt Jahrhunderthalle
      23.02.2008 Berlin Arena Treptow
      24.02.2008 Oberhausen König Pilsener Arena
      26.02.2008 Hamburg Color Line Arena

Sven is referring to the private Pumpkins secret gig at my house, in the living. We promised to keep the date a bit secretive. :lol:

Sven is referring to the private Pumpkins secret gig at my house, in the living. We promised to keep the date a bit secretive. :lol:[/quote:1mtqgze2] oh thanks, tell US about it, why don’t you…

heh, but in all fairness you probably deserve it, having spent however much you have on SP related items :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

heh, but in all fairness you probably deserve it :lol:[/quote:bbpsndi1]
      I wish… I wish! Keep on dreaming! :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

Tour History just updated.

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=TOURHISTORY&year=2008

Bring in the European dates here when you know them please! :D

Arthur
      Spectator

Cool Superlordspamulon, thanks! It shows a new date for SECC Glasgow! Tour History section on SPfreaks is updated! :D

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/news_2650

complete tour schedule:

* Sun 1/27 – Belgrade, Serbia – Arena
      * Tue 1/29 – Budapest, Hungary – Arena
      * Wed 1/30 – Prague, Czech Republic – T-Mobile
      * Thu 1/31 – Vienna, Austria – Stadthalle
      * Sat 2/2 – Milan, Italy – Forum
      * Sun 2/3 – Bologna, Italy – PalaMalaguti
      * Tue 2/5 – Zurich, Switzerland – Hallenstadion
      * Wed 2/6 – Paris, France – Bercy
      * Sat 2/9 – Dublin, Ireland – Royal Dublin Society (RDS)
      * Sun 2/10 – Belfast, N. Ireland – Kings Hall
      * Tue 2/12 – Glasgow, Scotland – SECC Hall
      * Thu 2/14 – Nottingham, England – Nottingham Arena
      * Tues 2/15 – Manchester, England – MEN Arena
      * Wed 2/16 – London, England – O2 Arena
      * Mon 2/18 – Den Bosch, Netherlands – Brabenthalle
      * Tue 2/19 – Brussels, Belgium – Forest National
      * Thu 2/21 – Munich, Germany – Olympiahalle
      * Tue 2/22 – Frankfurt, Germany – Jahrhunderthalle
      * Wed 2/23 – Berlin, Germany – Arena
      * Thu 2/24 – Oberhausen, Germany – Koenig-Pilsener Arena
      * Sat 2/26 – Hamburg, Germany – Colorline Arena
      * Wed 2/27 – Copenhagen, Denmark – Valbyhallen
      * Fri 2/29 – Oslo, Norway – Spektrum
      * Sat 3/1 – Stockholm , Sweden – Hovet
      * Mon 3/3 – Helsinki, Finland – Ice Hall[/quote:3rrumbh0]

who’s going where?
      i already got tickets for london and brussels. i’m not sure if i’ll do any other shows.

yes! good news this is. i might be going to munich but hey read this from pumpkins website

November 16, 2007 – As tour winds down, Pumpkins look forward to Jan-Feb European Tour

The Smashing Pumpkins have begun preparations for their European tour beginning in January by reheasing 9 songs they have not yet played on the Zeitgeist tour so far.

With the larger venue sizes in Europe, the band is reaching into their back catalog to look for those songs that will lend themselves to the arena feel.
      ====================

So what does this mean? Perhaps some of those fan favorites that have eluded us since the bands return will poke their head out of the proverbial closet. Only time will tell.

Let the speculation begin!

Currently 3.86/5 1 2 3 4 5 Rating: 3.9/5 (7 votes cast)
      [ more news ]

——————————————————————————–

Saturday, November 17, 2007 – 12:24 am – PumpkinsMediaMilitia

We all know you wanna hear Jackboot and some sick Here Is No Why action.

:D cool

jgfox
      Spectator

A Smashing Pumpkins gig at The Brabanthallen in Den Bosch?? Moohoo-moohoo!! Boe-hoe!! :roll:

Arthur
      Spectator

A Smashing Pumpkins gig at The Brabanthallen in Den Bosch?? Moohoo-moohoo!! Boe-hoe!! :roll:[/quote:11j9011l]
      Being sarcastic Jeroen, but still going? :wink:

Or is the venue not that good? I couldn’t tell, I’ve never been there…

Pipoka
      Spectator

i really don’t understand why Portugal or Spain are not included on this tour…

i’m just sad :(

jgfox
      Spectator

Or is the venue not that good? I couldn’t tell, I’ve never been there…[/quote:aupf7tdn]

From what I’ve heard it isn’t that good indeed. You might want to get to the Brabanthallen for some livestock or a cattle-show, but not for a concert… Moohoo, like cows??

Arthur
      Spectator

who’s going where?
      i already got tickets for london and brussels. i’m not sure if i’ll do any other shows.[/quote:63hzxkff]
      Brabanthallen Den Bosch after all. Got 2 tickets, going with a friend from Amsterdam. Yesterday I understood Sven and his girlfriend will be there also.

http://www.brabanthallen.nl/agenda/84-C … pkins.html

Please buy your tickets here:

http://www.ticketmaster.nl/html/evinfo. … 32&l=NL&C= (€ 39,00)

And NOT on 1 of these scalpers websites:

http://www.onlineticketshop.nl/steden/s … ch_Tickets (€ 69,00)
      http://www.ticketunlimited.nl/ProductDe … event=4464 (€ 65,00)
      http://www.budgetticket.nl/concerten/co … s__Tickets (€ 65,00)
      http://www.pepetickets.nl/product/smash … ns-tickets (€ 59,00)

or one of the foreign scalpers like:

http://www.ticketunlimited.de/ProductDe … event=4464 (€ 65,00)

Shannen
      Spectator

SP roxx!!!

See you guys at Brabanthallen, Den Bosch :D

Marc
      Spectator

who’s going where?
      i already got tickets for london and brussels. i’m not sure if i’ll do any other shows.[/quote:oe7mgs66]
      Brabanthallen Den Bosch after all. Got 2 tickets, going with a friend from Amsterdam. Yesterday I understood Sven and his girlfriend will be there also.[/quote:oe7mgs66]

I will also be there. Brussels is too far compared to Den Bosch.
      So far I couldn’t convince mr Fox to go….

Marc

Fez
      Spectator

I guess I will see them before you on 2008 European tour… I am going to Praha, 30th February…
      But, I am freaking ! This is first time I will see the Pumpkins and I really want this to happen…
      That`s why its really bad to hear that has been canceled !
      Hope they will not cancell next shows, do not cancel Praha…

I guess I will see them before you on 2008 European tour… I am going to Praha, 30th February…
      But, I am freaking ! This is first time I will see the Pumpkins and I really want this to happen…
      That`s why its really bad to hear that has been canceled !
      Hope they will not cancell next shows, do not cancel Praha…[/quote:3slxkbab] Ah, well let’s hope that they make it to your show!

Would hate for you to miss your first SP gig.

Fez
      Spectator

Ech… maybe the fact that Billy`s dad has been arrested has something to do with it ?

shampoo
      Spectator

I’m a little bit disappointed that they have not specified a reason as to why the first 2 dates were cancelled. If it’s personal they don’t have to give details, they can simple say it was due to a “family emergency”. If it was due to poor weather or lack of ticket sales then they should say so as well. As far as I know Serbia and Hungary have never had a show played there. It’s simply disappointing that they would not at least let those fans know why they may never get the chance to see SP.

Pipoka
      Spectator

I’m a little bit disappointed that they have not specified a reason as to why the first 2 dates were cancelled. If it’s personal they don’t have to give details, they can simple say it was due to a “family emergency”. If it was due to poor weather or lack of ticket sales then they should say so as well. As far as I know Serbia and Hungary have never had a show played there. It’s simply disappointing that they would not at least let those fans know why they may never get the chance to see SP.[/quote:5s0s7t5z]

i agree with that… :/

I just realised that the Pumpkins haven’t been back in Europe since this tour, that ended at the beginning of March 2008. That’s a long time ago.

There have been three European tours since 2007 (although one might consider the first two part of the same tour), and all of these happened within less than nine months:
      – May/June 2007
      – August 2007
      – February 2008

And then it stopped.

I wonder if this is part of the reason I feel that I’ve lost interest.

marigold
      Spectator

I’m sure they’ll be there in the first few months of 2011.

I think they’ve lost me now. I’ll probably won’t go to their show if they come over the next time.

Yesterday I listened to a recording of one of their recent Australian shows and I wasn’t impressed.

amnesia
      Spectator

If they come to Denmark, im goin to watch them, not goin to hesitate about that for one second.

Arthur
      Spectator

\"In 2010, the Pumpkins performed three runs of dates in the U.S. plus shows in Asia, Australia, New Zealand and South America. Asked about the band’s touring plans for 2011, CORGAN says: \"We had no plans of going on the road this year, but now we may go to Europe in the fall, and if that happens, we’ll play a few select dates in America.\"\"

If they visit Holland, Belgium, Denmark or Germany (West-side, hopefully), I will definately go see them. I might even consider London… depending the incoming cashflow at that moment.

marigold
      Spectator

\"We had no plans of going on the road this year, but now we may go to Europe in the fall, and if that happens, we’ll play a few select dates in America.\".[/quote:3ir697l6]

note: ‘may’ go to Europe – don’t get your hopes up!

But I really hope they do so you guys in Europe get to see them.

I wonder if they will ever go back to Canada?

Arthur
      Spectator

Looks like it’s going to happen, Facebook 2 days ago:

\"We are looking at touring US cities in October, Europe in November…checking dates- BC\"

marigold
      Spectator

Cool, but I still don’t understand why they don’t organise Canada dates, when they tour the US so much…

marigold
      Spectator

why am I getting an error when I post?

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I hope they come to the east of the U.S.
      I would love to see them again.

amnesia
      Spectator

"In 2010, the Pumpkins performed three runs of dates in the U.S. plus shows in Asia, Australia, New Zealand and South America. Asked about the band’s touring plans for 2011, CORGAN says: "We had no plans of going on the road this year, but now we may go to Europe in the fall, and if that happens, we’ll play a few select dates in America.""

If they visit Holland, Belgium, Denmark or Germany (West-side, hopefully), I will definately go see them. I might even consider London… depending the incoming cashflow at that moment.[/quote:cn8pogrh]

Wanna go together if they play in Denmark, Arthur?

Arthur
      Spectator

Wanna go together if they play in Denmark, Arthur?[/quote:12awaeng]
      No doubt, amnesia, thanks for the invitation. I’ll bring a female friend of Shannen too, if you don’t mind, because I promised her to go together to the next concert of the Pumpkins. :D

marigold
      Spectator

Edit

I’m not sure they’ll be there in the last few months of 2011.[/quote:4mae1mf2]

:?

marigold
      Spectator

Nicole has said ‘outlook is good’ when asked about them going to France. 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

And you’re going? Wow. Cool.

i’m not going anywhere. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

lol, I understand that now. Should have read things in the opposite order. :P

What a laughter. I’m expecting Billy to play live with a certain amount of extra anger though, might be interesting.

german dates have been added:
      [url:1erwnoxg]http://www.livenation.se/artist/smashing-pumpkins-tickets[/url:1erwnoxg]

germany:
      [url:1erwnoxg]http://www.eventim.de[/url:1erwnoxg]

amnesia
      Spectator

Hope they will come to Denmark, i really do. :(

i think they will. if they’re touring europe for all of november, it would be hard to skip sweden. FINGERS CROSSED!

mr.benway
      Spectator

Hope they will come to Denmark, i really do. :([/quote:ewir3x0a]

new date added @ [url:ewir3x0a]http://www.smashingpumpkins.com[/url:ewir3x0a]

Nov 05 Copenhagen, Denmark The Grey Hall ONSALE 9/1

:D

Danni
      Spectator

That very day I will watch Heather Nova in Malmö.

Arthur
      Spectator

Hope they will come to Denmark, i really do. :([/quote:2o15zyi0]

new date added @ [url:2o15zyi0]http://www.smashingpumpkins.com[/url:2o15zyi0]

Nov 05 Copenhagen, Denmark The Grey Hall ONSALE 9/1

:D[/quote:2o15zyi0]
      Ayoe, are you going? Shannen, Anis and me will go, if you go. We only need a place to sleep, do you know something for us? Please let us know asap, so I can buy the tickets! 8)

By the way, the Grey Hall (Den grå hal), formerly a riding house with a unique Bohlendach roof construction, now a large concert venue, is in Fristaden Christiania*, that place is awesome. I have been there a few years ago.

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freetown_Christiania

amnesia
      Spectator

No no no no :cry: The 5th Nov one of my best freinds are getting married, and we received the invitation a few days ago.. :( :( :( :( Fuck, im so sad now. :( :( so typically

some pumpkins
      Spectator

No no no no :cry: The 5th Nov one of my best freinds are getting married, and we received the invitation a few days ago.. :( :( :( :( Fuck, im so sad now. :( :( so typically[/quote:3en017si]

Skip the wedding.

marigold
      Spectator

aw no that is bad timing :(

Isn’t the wedding in the daytime? Then you could go to the concert at night? Would that work?

Arthur
      Spectator

Skip the wedding.[/quote:1k8sqdny]
      :lol:

In fact Ayoe, you have a good reason also. Already a while back you asked me to come to Denmark to see the Pumpkins. That appointment has older rights, right…!? :wink:

And with or without you, Ayoe, we are going anyway. That place in Copenhagen is awesome to see them play live. I will be happy to travel 900 km by car, go with the ferry to Denmark, and sleep somewhere I don’t know with my wife and friends. Old skool adventures again! :lol:

amnesia
      Spectator

aw no that is bad timing :(

Isn’t the wedding in the daytime? Then you could go to the concert at night? Would that work?[/quote:26ez74jj]

No.Weddings here in Denmark, its an whole day celebration when a couple gets married, from the church to late night.

I love weddings, but this time it will suck, i mean, it sucks so much…i wanna go see my fav band playing insted
      :(

Next time they will be here, when will that be??…4, 5 years…hell, i cant wait that long.

amnesia
      Spectator

No no no no :cry: The 5th Nov one of my best freinds are getting married, and we received the invitation a few days ago.. :( :( :( :( Fuck, im so sad now. :( :( so typically[/quote:gxmcw5r6]

Skip the wedding.[/quote:gxmcw5r6]

I wish, i really do..Bet my friend will kill me if i told her, i rather wanted go see my band playing.

amnesia
      Spectator

Skip the wedding.[/quote:2r4eb662]

In fact Ayoe, you have a good reason also. Already a while back you asked me to come to Denmark to see the Pumpkins. That appointment has older rights, right…!? :wink:

And with or without you, Ayoe, we are going anyway. That place in Copenhagen is awesome to see them play live. I will be happy to travel 900 km by car, go with the ferry to Denmark, and sleep somewhere I don’t know with my wife and friends. Old skool adventures again! :lol:[/quote:2r4eb662]

I know the place Arthur. Ive never been there yet, guess it stay like that for now :(

Sorry to disappoint you Arthur, i had hoped to hang out with you, Shannen and your friend, guess we have to wait for that.
      :cry:

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

I’m pretty sure you could pretend to be ill that day! :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

I know the place Arthur. Ive never been there yet, guess it stay like that for now :(

Sorry to disappoint you Arthur, i had hoped to hang out with you, Shannen and your friend, guess we have to wait for that.
      :cry:[/quote:3q9cps1k]
      Ayoe, do you live close to Copenhagen? Do you know a place to sleep maybe in the neighbourhood, and maybe we could have breakfast together before we return to NL? Or would that be too painful/inconvenient? :?

amnesia
      Spectator

:cry:[/quote:2kfkus5i]
      Ayoe, do you live close to Copenhagen? Do you know a place to sleep maybe in the neighbourhood, and maybe we could have breakfast together before we return to NL? Or would that be too painful/inconvenient? :?[/quote:2kfkus5i]

No i live far from Copenhagen, the other end of the country actually.
      Im not well known in Copenhagen, i rarely go there since its so far away, but i can check too see if there is a place for you guys close to Christiania, if you want?

amnesia
      Spectator

I’m pretty sure you could pretend to be ill that day! :wink:[/quote:37sj53la]

I want to get cloned insted…Send my clone to the wedding, and i will go to the concert with Arthur :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

but i can check too see if there is a place for you guys close to Christiania, if you want?[/quote:2fcu343i]
      Please, thanks… 8)

This is maybe the name of the tour? Found this on the official German tickets website (maybe I want to go to the Koln gig also, just 2.5 hr drive for me, if they don’t do the Netherlands during this tour).

Arthur
      Spectator

I want to get cloned insted…Send my clone to the wedding, and i will go to the concert with Arthur :lol:[/quote:3cs5zs3n]
      Why don’t you discuss the dilemma with your friend? Or do you have an important role during the wedding day? But since you live far away from Copenhagen, I can understand you have to skip a big part of the wedding, like from the late afternoon and the rest of the day. Pfff… I feel your pain, Ayoe. What a mess.

Danni
      Spectator

There’s a superb hotel in Copenhagen pretty near Chris, where we use to live when watching bands in Denmark. Cheap and nice, it is. Hotel Nebo that’s one minute away from the railway station.

http://www.nebo.dk

Sven
      Spectator

Dutch and Belgian show – most likely: on route from Denmark to France:

06 or 07 – Amsterdam / Rotterdam
      07 or 08 – Brussels / Ghent

UK tour – between Paris and the German tour…

venues?
      The Netherlands: no Paradiso.
      06 for the Melkweg (too small, when compared to the other venues this tour??!!)
      06 for the HMH
      06 for the 013
      06+07 for the Ahoy’ (isn’t that way too big???!!)

amnesia
      Spectator

I want to get cloned insted…Send my clone to the wedding, and i will go to the concert with Arthur :lol:[/quote:17vs61kl]
      Why don’t you discuss the dilemma with your friend? Or do you have an important role during the wedding day? But since you live far away from Copenhagen, I can understand you have to skip a big part of the wedding, like from the late afternoon and the rest of the day. Pfff… I feel your pain, Ayoe. What a mess.[/quote:17vs61kl]

I think being a bride girl is sadly an important role…Right now i feel sorry for myself..why the 5th Nov, why??

To make you feel better, Ayoe, we’re already writing bad reviews for all the European shows. You know, so you can feel like you didn’t miss that much. I’ve already finished two reviews, and trust me, you didn’t want to be there.

Hope this helps.

Arthur
      Spectator

Dutch and Belgian show – most likely: on route from Denmark to France:

06 or 07 – Amsterdam / Rotterdam
      07 or 08 – Brussels / Ghent

UK tour – between Paris and the German tour…

venues?
      The Netherlands: no Paradiso.
      06 for the Melkweg (too small, when compared to the other venues this tour??!!)
      06 for the HMH
      06 for the 013
      06+07 for the Ahoy’ (isn’t that way too big???!!)[/quote:4k76ogg5]
      Yeah, exactly my guesses also. After Paris they might want to go to Italy/Spain/Portugal also if the UK is not that interested. And 1 time Ahoy might work if they give away a lot of tickets, but definately not 2 times anymore, like in 1996. And I remember Billy saying that he wanted to do a "small clubs" tour now? He probably learned his 2008 tour lessons… :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

To make you feel better, Ayoe, we’re already writing bad reviews for all the European shows. You know, so you can feel like you didn’t miss that much. I’ve already finished two reviews, and trust me, you didn’t want to be there.

Hope this helps.[/quote:1ghtugri]

@Ayoe: yeah, I understand. Our plans to go with 4 people are becoming solid anyway. We will book a cheap hotel in Lubeck on Friday, and some Danhostel in Kopenhagen on Saturday. Nebo is still over 30 mins walk to Christiania, but thanks anyway, Honeymade Opiate! Let us know if the wedding is cancelled, or postponed to the 6th or another date, Ayoe… :roll:

Arthur
      Spectator

Note that Spektrum, Oslo – Norway for November 4th is added to the tour list. SP.com provides us with a typo: Spectrum.

Brussels, Vorst Nationaal (Forest National) has also been added on 7 November.
      Apparently they believe Brussels is in Germany.

Arthur
      Spectator

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Brussels, Vorst Nationaal (Forest National) has also been added on 7 November.
      Apparently they believe Brussels is in Germany.[/quote:iy01jvri]

alol (past tense)

marigold
      Spectator

:shock: Copenhagen cancelled?

yeah, i called billy and i said, listen, ayoe can’t come on the fifth, there’s a wedding she has to go to, and he was like, oh, i’m so sorry. i’ll see what i can do. and i was like, yeah, you better. goddammit! and thanks. bye bye.

oslo seems to have disappeared from the list as well.

Arthur
      Spectator

Yes, and I supported Bram with that, and Billy and the tour management of Smashing Pumpkins needed no further pressure. So they canceled the whole show (why Oslo too, I have no idea), and Billy will play a secret acoustic gig with the band at Brams place instead. :lol:

Sven
      Spectator

08-11 HMH, Amsterdam

Billy will play a secret acoustic gig with the band at Brams place instead.[/quote:2cmjfg9l]
      wait, what? i never agreed to this.
      i ain’t opening the door for them.

milan
      Spectator

Heineken Music Hall – De Biertent – 8 november.

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/2603283/the-sma … erdam.html

Arthur
      Spectator

Great, that’s a lot closer for me (<100 km). :D

ooh! the beer tent! that sounds promising. :D

oh wait. heineken. never mind.

Arthur
      Spectator

ooh! the beer tent! that sounds promising. :D

oh wait. heineken. never mind.[/quote:3hom9qth]
      Exactly. Bring your own, is my advice. :P

i think i’ll skip. i might even skip the brussels gig.

marigold
      Spectator

i think i’ll skip. i might even skip the brussels gig.[/quote:u3uf27x2]

Don’t lie Bram, we all know you are going to accidentally happen to be in the same street that night and oh well may as well go see them since you’re there. :P

amnesia
      Spectator

I think Deb might be right there, Bram. :lol:

Either that or your hanging out over at the Heineken beer tent with Arthur.

well, it’s not like it will ever sell out and it’s another two months before the gig, so that’s a long time to change my mind. but right now i have no intention in going. i really feel like i don’t care about this. if the gig was today, i could stay home and not regret it for one minute.

it’s not like the 50 euro is holding me back. i can afford it. and it’s in brussels. that’s not far. i might even be able to stay the night in brussels if i wanted to.

the only reason why i might go, is to meet up with people i haven’t seen in a while. that would be an expensive meetup though. i could buy several rounds of beer with that ticket money.

or maybe i’ll hear stuff about the american tour and i’ll be impressed and that’ll change my mind?

or maybe it’s just been enough, and i’m simply not going.

marigold
      Spectator

thank you for explaining that

The Copenhagen date has been put back up, hasn’t changed. :?

Arthur
      Spectator

The Copenhagen date has been put back up, hasn’t changed. :?[/quote:2txwnlkc]
      Funny. But since we can not meet Ayoe in Copenhagen, and they are rocking the HMH Amsterdam and Vorst Nationaal Bruxelles also (way closer), we are going there instead now. Maybe next time, Ayoe! :roll:

And I noticed they stay in Europe in December, they play in Vienna and Luxembourg on 1 and 3.

you’re coming to brussels?

Arthur
      Spectator

Yup, with Milan. We just bought tickets.

you bastards!
      will you be there just for the show, or will you have time to visit brussels and hang out?

Sven
      Spectator

i’d rather hang out with Bram, Milan, Arthur and co. then listen to the show, I’m afraid….

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i’d rather hang out with Bram, Milan, Arthur and co. then listen to the show, I’m afraid….[/quote:3mxls2ov]

why is that?

i’d also rather hang out than go to the show.

if the show has to be the excuse to meet up, then why not? i’ve done that before.

Arthur
      Spectator

I have all the time to hang out that whole week, because I took a holiday. I’m not sure about Milan though. I would love to arrange something in Brussels, and then go to the concert!

milan
      Spectator

No holidays for me, but I’ll be more than happy to hang out dudes!!!

i could take the day off and come to brussels.

are you familiar with brussels? i can walk you around wherever you want to go. we can go all \"tourist tour\", or all \"pub crawl\", or anything in between. or anything else even. whatever you prefer. doesn’t matter.

this way i can make up for missing out on the ghent trip, when they were showing if all goes wrong. i wish i had been there. (i think i was in england that weekend.)

milan
      Spectator

are you familiar with brussels? i can walk you around wherever you want to go. we can go all "tourist tour", or all "pub crawl", or anything in between. or anything else even. whatever you prefer. doesn’t matter.

this way i can make up for missing out on the ghent trip, when they were showing if all goes wrong. i wish i had been there. (i think i was in england that weekend.)[/quote:3dolszvg]

Would be nice… however I will have to go to work during the day and won’t be able to be in Brussels early :-S

:(

Arthur
      Spectator

And since I promised to pick up Milan on the way to Brussels… :?

Arthur
      Spectator

7 UK dates are added to the EU tour, and also gigs in Italy (Milan) and Portugal (Lisbon). 23 shows in just over a month! Quite the tour this is… 8)

marigold
      Spectator

yeah I hope they all have the energy for it! I remember an interview when D’Arcy said they all got sick when they toured Europe. Maybe that was just D’Arcy and her drug taking though. :roll:

Arthur
      Spectator

On LiveNation they even mention 2 dates in Italy, which adds up to 24 gigs for the EU tour. Wow.

Arthur
      Spectator

I now have tickets for Brussels 7-11 and Amsterdam 8-11. 8)

A colleague from work just suggested we could go to Koln 24-11, so we keep that in mind also…

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Got my tickey for Glasgow today!

Yeehaw!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Arthur
      Spectator

Got my tickey for Glasgow today![/quote:1ss6unm3]

8) 8) 8)

Can you post a nice pic of it, please? I’ll upload it in our Collection, ok?

And here is 1 of my tickets already…

Arthur
      Spectator

I think they figured out the whole tour now, and next to that Billy just twittered about the new album being ready, there was this SPRC thingy a while back, so I mixed it all together in a homepage article. :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Good work!

jupiter
      Spectator

no dates for Australia and New Zealand! :(

no dates for Australia and New Zealand! :([/quote:1rfvy6ym]
      i’d be surprised if they visited australia or new zealand during a european tour.

i can understand that you’re disappointed if you were expecting them to come over this time though. maybe you should adjust your expectations for the next european tour, in order to avoid further heartbreak.

jupiter
      Spectator

ok

i’m glad we were able to work out a solution.

marigold
      Spectator

I think we might have to wait til next year for any NZ/Australia dates to be announced!

jupiter
      Spectator

ru getting my hopes up
      :?:

didn’t billy announce a lot of touring next year?

marigold
      Spectator

yes, he tweeted about going to NZ/Australia next year…..but he also said Mars….

jupiter
      Spectator

we, almost, are mars!

booked a ticket to mars while they’re still cheap. a bit of a gamble, but i trust all will roll out as planned.

Arthur
      Spectator

Did you book here? http://www.androidpubs.com/serv01.htm

Tickets to Mars

Advanced purchase of tickets

1. The price of each round-trip ticket is $2,000,000. If you think that is high, consider this. The US taxpayers spent about $120 billion (in today’s dollars) to put 12 men on the Moon. That works out to $10 billion per ticket or 5000 times my price.

yep, that’s where i got it. should be worth it.
      unless they’re including some dates in europe on their mars tour. then i would have travelled all the way to mars, while i could have seen a show on their mars tour closer to home.

Arthur
      Spectator

Totally makes sense, yes.

Will you bring me a shirt then? I’ll pay for it in advance, of course.

will do.

marigold
      Spectator

Did you book here? http://www.androidpubs.com/serv01.htm

Tickets to Mars

Advanced purchase of tickets

1. The price of each round-trip ticket is $2,000,000. If you think that is high, consider this. The US taxpayers spent about $120 billion (in today’s dollars) to put 12 men on the Moon. That works out to $10 billion per ticket or 5000 times my price.

:lol:[/quote:1mo9qywb]

wow – that’s cheap in comparison! Things are coming down in price I guess.

Or you could build your own spaceship to go and see them!

jupiter
      Spectator

hahahahahahaha, have you heard the commentary on that clip on the best of DVD?
      apparently the old guy on the drums was falling asleep!
      8)

Danni
      Spectator

lol, this is one of the most harsh reviews I read. From the Annexet 2nd November gig. Not that you understand this in swedish, but still.

http://www.svd.se/kultur/scen/ett-straf … 606800.svd

\"Without Iha and D’arcy Wretzky, who later was replaced by MADM, Corgan anno 2011 is nothing but the most problematic person to work with in the music industry. He constantly finds new enemies to fight against. Next year the Pumpkins will release \"Oceania\" but why they’re currently on tour no one knows. Corgan plays and plays. Whining and whining. It’s like he’s boring us on purpose. In the rear end people are sitting down playing with their cell phones. In fact, none of the songs that SP are most famous for during the 90’s are played tonight. The air is concrete heavy and smells disappointment. The question is who Billy Corgan is out to punish: the audience that loved the 90’s of his, or himself for being a part of it?\"

Hey Billy, as you can see….. Sweden LOVES you. As always! Love love love

:P

Danni
      Spectator

He really fucking hates this land, ha ha. Not to mention since the incident in Lund 1992.

i’m not going to the brussels gig tonight.

marigold
      Spectator

sure :wink:

it’s true. it’s hard to explain, but i really don’t want to go.

how was the show yesterday, arthur and milan?

Arthur
      Spectator

Milan and undersigned went to see them in Brussels, and man o man… What a gig. Super setlist, and they rocked the roof of the venue! We both agreed that this was 1 of the best, if not the best, performances of any SP setup we have ever seen. From SPLRA:

•Quasar
      •Panopticon
      •Starla
      •Geek U.S.A.
      •Muzzle
      •Window Paine
      •Lightning Strikes
      •Soma
      •Siva
      •Oceania
      •Frail and Bedazzled
      ◦Silverfuck
      •Pinwheels
      •Pale Horse
      •Thru the Eyes of Ruby
      ◦I Am One (tease)
      •Cherub Rock
      •Owata
      •My Love is Winter
      •For Martha

Encore:
      •Zero
      •Bullet With Butterfly Wings

Highlights for us were some of the songs of the new album, like Quasar & Oceania, and songs like Cherub Rock, Siva, Geek U.S.A., Zero just blew us away. A triple highlight for both of us was an awesome, haunting guitars performance of Window Paine. This song, it looked like it never stopped… and it brought us back to the oldskool Pumpkins of around 1990. But this was really 2011… And we got goosebumps!

The band was spot on, in a really good mood, we have seen Billy on keyboard, and even Mike hit the keys during For Martha… Pretty cool. And they played for almost 2.5 hours, with only a small break before Zero/Bullet at the end…! :shock:

And… we enjoyed the Perfect/Ava Adore mixes cd during the car trip… :wink:

milan
      Spectator

how was the show yesterday, arthur and milan?[/quote:336r2kzd]
      awefull, you should be glad you weren’t there

milan
      Spectator

how was the show yesterday, arthur and milan?[/quote:2gmyc75t]
      awefull, you should be glad you weren’t there[/quote:2gmyc75t]

but what I actually meant:

AWESOME, M#TH#RF$CKER, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE!!! UNTR00 FAN!!!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

:shock: sounds like an awesome time! can’t wait to hear this new music! so awesome and spfreakish that you listened to the puff daddy remixes on the way, that just puts the icing on the cake.

Arthur
      Spectator

Hehe, yeah, true. This was Smashing Pumpkins as they are supposed to rock the world. And tonight I’m going to see them again in Amsterdam. Hihaaaaa!!!

OK, let’s criticize 1 thing then. There was this somewhat quiet part around Pale Horses, that we didn’t like so much. For the rest, the show was awesome. I have always been a fan of Billy Corgan playing & rocking out on guitar, but to see that happen just 10 meter away from me… I had the times of my life there in Brussels. Really.

can’t wait to hear this new music![/quote:1eh18bm9]
      i can’t wait to hear the ava adore remixes.

milan
      Spectator

Arthur
      Spectator

Hehe, I remember a guy taking that pic during the show yesterday. And I believe that’s me indeed, the \"ducking head\" left of some arm in the air. Funny. Where the hell did you get that pic from, Milan?

milan
      Spectator

[code:1rqh1cvf]http://twitter.com/?photo_id=1#!/SmashingPumpkin/status/133662593222066176/photo/1[/code:1rqh1cvf]

Arthur
      Spectator

Meanwhile my wife Shannen gave me a magazine dated yesterday, with an almost full page interview with Billy. It’s about the concert in Amsterdam, which is not sold out yet, and Billy being a christian these days. Oh my god, now we will have him play on the \"EO-jongerendag\" maybe!

Just kidding :P . What I liked in the article (can be found online http://www.spitsnieuws.nl/archives/ente … in-de-here )

\"Klinkt Corgan nog altijd zo heerlijk gekweld als in zijn hoogtijdagen nu hij Jezus in zijn armen heeft gesloten? Afgaande op de lovende recensies die de band de afgelopen maanden kreeg voor hun Amerikaanse tournee wel. De superlatieven rijgen zich aaneen in de kritieken. The Pumpkins klinken bovendien weer minstens zo ruig en energiek als in hun beginjaren.\"

Translation: Does Corgan still sound so tormented as he used to, since he is into the Lord? If we read the positive reviews for the US tour the last month, yes. The band is described with superlatives, and next to that, The Pumpkins sound just as raw and energetic as in their early days.

This described it rather well, the concert last night. Smashing Pumpkins are back, with a blow. 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

Same story for the Amsterdam show last night, awesome show. We were now almost front row this time. My friend Anis was even on the fence, and Billy smiled and pointed at her during a really mindbreaking guitar solo (I think it was at the end of Ruby, the I Am One tease part) and she all freaked out hahahaha!

Same order and number of songs, slightly different show though. But the sound quality of the HMH venue is quite a bit better compared to Vorst Nationaal, Brussels, so we enjoyed it even more this time… What can I say… Really glad I went. Since some, or most, European shows are not sold out, we might see this band not coming back for a few years again, maybe…

Will upload some pics in a bit.

marigold
      Spectator

Up the front!!! 8)

Found a video from the Brussels show – these songs sound amazing!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy7S4bVsmCU&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

milan
      Spectator

Same story for the Amsterdam show last night, awesome show. We were now almost front row this time. My friend Anis was even on the fence, and Billy smiled and pointed at her during a really mindbreaking guitar solo (I think it was at the end of Ruby, the I Am One tease part) and she all freaked out hahahaha!

Same order and number of songs, slightly different show though. But the sound quality of the HMH venue is quite a bit better compared to Vorst Nationaal, Brussels, so we enjoyed it even more this time… What can I say… Really glad I went. Since some, or most, European shows are not sold out, we might see this band not coming back for a few years again, maybe…

Will upload some pics in a bit.[/quote:3r3mdl4j]

Billy said however that they will be back next year supporting the release of Ocenia.

Arthur
      Spectator

Billy said however that they will be back next year supporting the release of Ocenia.[/quote:2jz2n2h7]
      Billy also said Oceania was about, or inspired by, Amsterdam, or the likes. I don’t know… :P

Sven
      Spectator

amazing show!

thanks for the ride Arthur!!!

milan
      Spectator

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppihprd90kM[/youtube]

I only recorded a very small clip because I was too busy enjoying the show ;-)

Sven
      Spectator

Arthur
      Spectator

Sven, I think you hit the nail on the head with that review of the HMH show. 8)

:lol: @ geen deuk meer in een pakje boter slaan

Sven
      Spectator

Sven, I think you hit the nail on the head with that review of the HMH show. 8)[/quote:1uvzoue8]

thanks! :)

Sven
      Spectator

😆 @ geen deuk meer in een pakje boter slaan[/quote:j6dgufcr]

tja, niet onwaar toch???!!! — :)

daar gaat het niet echt om.
      het is gewoon zo grappig en goed verwoord. ik had het nog nooit gehoord, maar ik begrijp wel meteen wat je ermee wilt zeggen. heb je dit zelf uitgevonden, of wordt deze uitdrukking meer gebruikt?

Sven
      Spectator

volgens mij is dat best een ‘staande uitdrukking’ in Nederland, althans: ik gebruik het wel vaker… :)

Pipoka
      Spectator

HELLO GUYS!

Long time no chat! :P

Just to share my thoughts on the first London gig.

As usual I didn’t search for anything before the gig, no videos on youtube, stayed away from the board… and I was really surprised with the setlist. It was fucking amazing!!!!!!

I rushed from work, and when I got there and walked in to the venue I was surprised to see that there were only two people in front of billy’s mic, so I stayed there (3rd row) and wow….. everything was fucking amazing that’s all I can say.

I have pics but no videos, apart from a minute video of Starla, and seconds of BWBW.

Its a shame that I can not go to Portugal for the last shows of the tour!!!! :cry:

Pipoka
      Spectator

Some pics

marigold
      Spectator

cool photos! :)

Pipoka
      Spectator

cool photos! :)[/quote:15uhwpl9]

Thank you! I wish my camera was better…. but they are not that bad

Arthur
      Spectator

Hey Pipoka, great to see you drop by! Great pics, way better than mine, which I didn’t even bother to upload here anymore, though I said so :P

Great show, wasn’t it? We enjoyed it big times here in Belgium and Holland! Great setlist, great band, great mood, great solos, never a dull moment… Probably the best Smashing Pumpkins show I have ever attended. Really.

What was your favourite moment/song, Pipoka?

Pipoka
      Spectator

I loved Starla, Oceania, SILVERFUCK!!!!!!, Thru the eyes of Ruby, For martha, and the encore Zero and BWBW !!!

Even the new stuff was great, I thought the setlist was just perfect, so glad they played non hits, and the old stuff actually melted with the new stuff.

It was just fucking great! They also played Soma, and Siva, and Muzzle!!! It was just amazing to be honest!

The following day I was just dead, pain all over my body, my ribs were the worst… but it was well worth it, I actually regret not having tickets for both days. :D

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Pinwheels ruled in Glasgow! (and Geek U.S.A.!):D

marigold
      Spectator

The following day I was just dead, pain all over my body, my ribs were the worst… but it was well worth it, I actually regret not having tickets for both days. :D[/quote:1ddkad2n]

haha – the things we endure for our favourite bands! :D

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

I could barely speak for about 3days after Glasgow.Sang every lyric i knew!

Good times. :D

marigold
      Spectator

wow, and I thought the 24 hours of ear-buzzing was bad after the 2008 show. :lol:

Pipoka
      Spectator

I could barely speak for about 3days after Glasgow.Sang every lyric i knew!

Good times. :D[/quote:rmlf5425]

Do you have pics??? Videos? :)

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

I dont have any,but my wife has a little bit off footage on her iphone.
      The quality isnt the best.There are some ok videos on youtube,though.

Viewing 165 reply threads

The forum ‘Touring & Concert’ is closed to new topics and replies.