Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author

marigold
      Spectator

Hi,

just went trawling through my collection to confirm the Today Cassette I owned was the Australian slipcase release with the clear tape with blue printing; but no it is a New Zealand release not yet on this site! It comes in plastic case with j card. Same cover art and barcode as UK Release. The tape is has the swirly logo that is unique to NZ cassette releases. I am a little pushed for time over the next few days but will have images up soon.

These NZ cassettes are hard to find, even if you live here like I do.

:D

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Hi,

just went trawling through my collection to confirm the Today Cassette I owned was the Australian slipcase release with the clear tape with blue printing; but no it is a New Zealand release not yet on this site! It comes in plastic case with j card. Same cover art and barcode as UK Release. The tape is has the swirly logo that is unique to NZ cassette releases. I am a little pushed for time over the next few days but will have images up soon.

:D[/quote:1txtlsu5]

indeed they are. awesome find!

marigold
      Spectator

Hi,

:D[/quote:2c4fzlek]

you don’t mean this one? http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2157 :?: :shock:

Hi,

:D[/quote:1tf6gy0d]

you don’t mean this one? http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=2157 :?: :shock:[/quote:1tf6gy0d]

No, this cassette has same artwork as other today releases. I actually own the one you posted. Only one I have ever seen. I am waiting for someone else to find one :D I will submit pics and details to site soon.

marigold
      Spectator

No, this cassette has same artwork as other today releases. I actually own the one you posted. Only one I have ever seen. I am waiting for someone else to find one :D I will submit pics and details to site soon.[/quote:5tivb3cp]

wow, both almost impossible to find – you’ve done well to find them! 8)

let’s not forget that one of the tapes was just sitting in the collection. surely it isn’t that hard to find a tape that’s already in your collection (no matter where you live – new zealand or not)?

let’s not forget that one of the tapes was just sitting in the collection. surely it isn’t that hard to find a tape that’s already in your collection (no matter where you live – new zealand or not)?[/quote:60nwrfqr]

I had never paid much attention to it as I assumed it was the Australian Version and I had it listed at that. Now I am on the hunt for an Australian one – lol

I submitted the pics to the website today.

hey look everyone what i found in my collection the other day i was just going through it and i found this a sealed pisces iscariot vinyl numbered seven out of two thousand yes the one with the bonus seven inch these are hard to find even if you’re in belgium like me also it is number seven and it comes with a seven inch and one day i had seven biscuits so i was like this can’t be a coincidence it’s a sign! i did very well to find this

marigold
      Spectator

everyone who has any Today cassettes should check them perhaps?

They are difficult to find even in NZ, I remember a friend had the Siamese Dream cassette in 1993 but has since thrown it away or lost it – which is what most people have likely done with these other cassettes too -so the very few ones that are left are difficult to find :? :roll:

marigold
      Spectator

hey look everyone what i found in my collection the other day i was just going through it and i found this a sealed pisces iscariot vinyl numbered seven out of two thousand yes the one with the bonus seven inch these are hard to find even if you’re in belgium like me also it is number seven and it comes with a seven inch and one day i had seven biscuits so i was like this can’t be a coincidence it’s a sign! i did very well to find this[/quote:1i60ubc0]

is the Pisces Iscariot vinyl on the site? :P

If anyone has a 33 UK cassette handy to scan and submit that would be good, not on site yet.

i don’t have 33. i’m not too big on cassettes. i got the albums, a couple of diddle-doos here and there, and then it stops.

but i should check them. it’s not unlikely that i have a copy of pisces or something that isn’t on the site yet.
      everyone, check yer cassettes!

marigold
      Spectator

Oh Cool as Ice Cream, there’s a NZ release of the 33 cassette – so you better check yours!

I think the point is that they are items that are hard to find ONLINE and in 2nd hand music stores etc…rather than in our collections. Duh. :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah, cool is just being a douche.

anyway, here is the listing – added today (no pun intended):

http://spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=3859

manillascissor
      Keymaster

If anyone has a 33 UK cassette handy to scan and submit that would be good, not on site yet.[/quote:1phyhw5e]

is there one? i only have US and NZ

yeah, cool is just being a douche.[/quote:zoxqyl89]
      haha, yes. i was just taking the piss.

snorry! :oops:

Whoops had a bit of a moment,there is no 33 UK cassette that I know of.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah, cool is just being a douche.[/quote:1fv49pbx]
      haha, yes. i was just taking the piss.

snorry! :oops:[/quote:1fv49pbx]

it’s okay. just wanted everyone to know you’re poking fun. :) 8)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Whoops had a bit of a moment,there is no 33 UK cassette that I know of.[/quote:1gv9noon]

me either, but now that you mention it, why in the world wouldn’t there be? strange…

marigold
      Spectator

Just from a look at MCIS era cassettes in the SPfreaks collection:

1979 – UK, US, NZ
      Tonight, Tonight – UK, US, Australia, NZ
      33 – US, NZ (but UK only had a promo?)
      BWBW – UK, US, Australia (there must have been a NZ release too – the song was very big here)
      Zero – US only

Siamese Dream:

Today – UK, NZ, Australia ….wait, no US cassette?
      Disarm – UK only

There could be some gaps to fill in with these cassette releases – or not :?:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Just from a look at MCIS era cassettes in the SPfreaks collection:

1979 – UK, US, NZ
      Tonight, Tonight – UK, US, Australia, NZ
      33 – US, NZ (but UK only had a promo?)
      BWBW – UK, US, Australia (there must have been a NZ release too – the song was very big here)
      Zero – US only

Siamese Dream:

Today – UK, NZ, Australia ….wait, no US cassette?
      Disarm – UK only

There could be some gaps to fill in with these cassette releases – or not :?:[/quote:1wetxfbb]

always gaps to fill. that’s the fun in collecting. like the 1979 AU cassette i finally received in the mail yesterday. it’s the bees knees.

marigold
      Spectator

Neat, in that case I think there’s a strong possibility that there’s AU and UK 33 cassettes too. :)

Viewing 21 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.