Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Superlordspamulon
      Spectator

ok ok ok stole it from the forum here, but i think it’s an interestign question. what was first in billy corgan’s mind you think? did he just wanted to do zeitgeist with a great set of musicians (and by accident call it pumpkins), or did he wanna grow old with the smashing pumpkins concept, and do even more records? my guess and hopes are the latter…

way, way, way before zeitgiest was being written, when billy first mentioned his plans to reform pumpkins, he said (something along the lines of) \"i want my band back, i want my songs back\"
      so it was for pumpkins, not zeitgeist

manillascissor
      Keymaster

way, way, way before zeitgiest was being written, when billy first mentioned his plans to reform pumpkins, he said (something along the lines of) "i want my band back, i want my songs back"
      so it was for pumpkins, not zeitgeist[/quote:3b19pjn6]

Good use of a reference to back up your stance. Most people don’t do that. ;)

From reviewing the CD liner notes (just today, 7/10/07), it’s clear to me that Smashing Pumpkins from now on is Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlain. They even put in there, BC/JC in the AC/DC font. Ginger and Jeff are not credited w/ writing material. I guess they were hired solely for touring purposes. Which sucks for them, but I guess it’s a great opportunity as well.

However, superlord, there is no indication that Billy hadn’t written some of these songs prior to taking out that ad. There is no way to know, unless we ask Mr. Corgan himself. Chicken or the egg?

way, way, way before zeitgiest was being written, when billy first mentioned his plans to reform pumpkins, he said (something along the lines of) "i want my band back, i want my songs back"
      so it was for pumpkins, not zeitgeist[/quote:wi8qube2]

Good use of a reference to back up your stance. Most people don’t do that. ;)

From reviewing the CD liner notes (just today, 7/10/07), it’s clear to me that Smashing Pumpkins from now on is Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlain. They even put in there, BC/JC in the AC/DC font. Ginger and Jeff are not credited w/ writing material. I guess they were hired solely for touring purposes. Which sucks for them, but I guess it’s a great opportunity as well.

However, superlord, there is no indication that Billy hadn’t written some of these songs prior to taking out that ad. There is no way to know, unless we ask Mr. Corgan himself. Chicken or the egg?[/quote:wi8qube2]
      haha, we cant know, no. but considering the article in question was well over a year ago, we can take an intelligent guess, no?

toad32r
      Spectator

Reunion was definetly first, but i like them both alot, lol, They compliment each other quite well!!

toad32r
      Spectator

I think it was the chicken……well, maybe the egg !? LOL

chicken? egg?
      it was obviously dinosaurs :P

Viewing 6 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.