Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

BleedingTheOrchid
      Spectator

really, i don’t get it. so much places post negative zeitgeist reviews, question the name pumpkins because iha and darcy are not in, question the relevance of this band, many so-called fans on another forum (you probably know which one, billy called it a bullshit forum already a few days ago) call billy by another name (i = o, i hate it) and they seem to dig the hatred from everywhere.

i ilke to keep things simple. relevance? when you sell 1 cd to 1 person, you’re relevant to this person, for whatever reason. when you sell 100,000’s cd’s, you’re relevant to a group of people, for whatever reason(s). it’s a non-subject. the name pumpkins? would the band have the same old members when they didn’t split up in 2000? non-subject also. just talk about the music, and the things around it please.

however when i would be billy corgan i would laugh my ass off. he knows better and is probably too old to question himself that much. go billy! rock on!

really, i don’t get it. so much places post negative zeitgeist reviews, question the name pumpkins because iha and darcy are not in, question the relevance of this band, many so-called fans on another forum (you probably know which one, billy called it a bullshit forum already a few days ago) call billy by another name (i = o, i hate it) and they seem to dig the hatred from everywhere.

i ilke to keep things simple. relevance? when you sell 1 cd to 1 person, you’re relevant to this person, for whatever reason. when you sell 100,000’s cd’s, you’re relevant to a group of people, for whatever reason(s). it’s a non-subject. the name pumpkins? would the band have the same old members when they didn’t split up in 2000? non-subject also. just talk about the music, and the things around it please.

however when i would be billy corgan i would laugh my ass off. he knows better and is probably too old to question himself that much. go billy! rock on![/quote:1bx31bnx]I guess naming Zeitgeist Zeitgeist didn’t really help matters… ‘spirit of the times’? many people believe that he is trying to say something to this generation, when the predominant fan base is of the previous (?) generation, or more. but yeah, Billy knows what he’s doing, and i have every confidence that he’ll keep making quality music :D

but yeah, Billy knows what he’s doing, and i have every confidence that he’ll keep making quality music :D[/quote:1y4jg5rf]
      that’s what it is all about huh… the rest is a waste of time talking about. it’s a fact they are calling themselves pumpkins, they don’t have iha and darcy, but so what? they do make quality music in the spirit of the pumpkins from the nineties, and that’s what is important to me alone. well just my humble opinion, but i was kinda mad and got tired of it today when i read all that bloody stuff. grrrrrr

but yeah, Billy knows what he’s doing, and i have every confidence that he’ll keep making quality music :D[/quote:25djp2rh]
      that’s what it is all about huh… the rest is a waste of time talking about. it’s a fact they are calling themselves pumpkins, they don’t have iha and darcy, but so what? they do make quality music in the spirit of the pumpkins from the nineties, and that’s what is important to me alone. well just my humble opinion, but i was kinda mad and got tired of it today when i read all that bloody stuff. grrrrrr[/quote:25djp2rh]Then i don’t advise you read the kerrang! review of Zeitgeist. It was Ian Winwood (who is a notorious journalist, i believe). all but one paragaph was hum bitching about Billy and anything that WASNT the music…

toad32r
      Spectator

Nothing but love from me.

This is just my opinion, but much of the vitriol being spewed is over trivial things or misinformation. It seems that the people most likely to hurl flaming arrows at Billy are those who’ve never truly understood the workings of the band; they see a quick snapshot of the band and are quick to jump on any perceived failings. Many of the critics don’t look at the whole picture or even do their homework. Case in point: the shitstorm caused by the FAKE \"Letter From Billy Corgan to the City of Seattle\". Some respectable news sources thought it was the real deal (and sadly, so did a small number of fans).

This is just my opinion, but much of the vitriol being spewed is over trivial things or misinformation. It seems that the people most likely to hurl flaming arrows at Billy are those who’ve never truly understood the workings of the band; they see a quick snapshot of the band and are quick to jump on any perceived failings. Many of the critics don’t look at the whole picture or even do their homework. Case in point: the shitstorm caused by the FAKE "Letter From Billy Corgan to the City of Seattle". Some respectable news sources thought it was the real deal (and sadly, so did a small number of fans).[/quote:tvzz2mmk]
      yeah read that too, unbelievable. it was taken down in no time, but caused quite some rumours, enough for the band to post some reactions. but billy is cool, he’s not distracted by it it seems

Viewing 6 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.