Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Ryan8765
      Spectator

UPDATE: I snagged a copy on discogs for 260 USD including shipping. A bit steep, but it’s an unplayed copy number 2050. So it should have the funky line on the cover as well. I appreciate the replies I received, this is the best SP community by far.

Hello all. I haven’t posted on this forum before so hopefully I don’t break any rules here.

Basically I have been waiting to find this record for a reasonable price (Somewhere under 200). Unfortunately I keep missing out. Now I am just tired of searching and am ready to buy one. I am hoping someone in the community will help. I think 200 USD plus shipping is a fair price at this point. As long as it is a legit copy, number or no number in the box.

Also I’m looking for at least VG+ for both the records and the sleeve. However if someone would be willing to part with a copy that has that funky line on the cover. I will consider paying more, depending of course on the condition. I think the line is cool for some reason.

Well I live in the states so in order to keep shipping costs low, a seller in the US would be pretty keen.

I do have a discogs list here and would even consider a trade.
      [url:1gvbgiqq]http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=ryan8765[/url:1gvbgiqq]

I have sold a few records on Discogs, and have sold a record to someone on the SP forum. I have good feedback for buying on ebay and discogs as well. So I am not here to scam anyone. I would appreciate not being scammed either…

Anyway thanks for at least reading this. Hope to hear from someone soon.[/quote:1gvbgiqq]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

welcome! i don’t have a spare copy of the original, sorry! only bought one when it came out. $200 seems fair. i don’t know why they always go for over that much on eBay.

Ryan8765
      Spectator

Yea, I don’t consider a record with over twenty thousand copies pressed rare. But I guess its just the demand that drives these prices so high. Its a bummer, but I’d rather put my money into the SP community than the sharks on ebay.

Arthur
      Spectator

I’d rather put my money into the SP community than the sharks on ebay.[/quote:327uab7r]
      Hugs. 8)

Ryan8765
      Spectator

Well I see one on ebay for 200 + shipping. But like I said before, I’d rather get one from the community. So do you guys think I should jump on it, or is someone on this lovely forum going to take my money?

[url:1ccwwhyx]http://www.ebay.com/itm/221222868715?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649[/url:1ccwwhyx]

Edit* Added the ebay link

Arthur
      Spectator

I’m quite sure most readers and members here will hold on to their (only) copy. I don’t even have it myself (I bought the reissue vinyl though, when it was extremely cheap on Amazon Canada), so I have nothing to offer, I’m afraid.

I hope you are lucky though with one of the people here. Because the sleeve of the copy on eBay for 200 bucks is damaged in one corner. But if you don’t care about that, I wouldn’t wait too long. That price is still a little high in my humble opinion, but considered kinda OK in general, I guess.

Ryan8765
      Spectator

I noticed that bend on the cover right off the bat. What I didnt realize was how it is even more noticeable when the gatefold is opened.

I do have the reissue as well, but I’m a stubborn collector. Which is pretty much why I haven’t obtained a copy on ebay yet. I always thought I’d find it cheaper… Anyway I appreciate the replies though. I will simply be patient and see what happens. :)

Viewing 6 reply threads

The forum ‘Trading Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.