Viewing 63 reply threads
  • Author

bullettwoutbutterflywings
      Spectator

Hello!

The contest has officially ended, and we are proud to present back to you, the freaks, some of your own entries to gaze upon. We’ve renamed each image to a number, in order to keep the entries anonymous, for now. If you feel compelled to reveal your imagery to the board, we cannot stop you, but as this contest is not over yet, please think twice before doing so.

Remember judges, this thread is off limits for you.

Enjoy, we sure have! These are amazing!!!!

SPfreaks
      Spectator

manillascissor
      Keymaster

35 views and no comments? Is everything okay here?

ApathysEcstasy
      Spectator

LOL
      Maybe everyone thought they weren’t supposed to be here either
      :)

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’m still viewing….for the 3rd time. Wow some of these are pretty good!!!

yes, i had to take some time to look at each one. amazing jobs everyone!!! :D

i know you guys who are judging have a tough task ahead of you!

Anonymous
      Spectator

I want to know who’s is who’s, but that’s ok if I don’t until it’s over…wow I am amazed at these submissions

Pipoka
      Spectator

wow :shock:
      amazing !

blueczarina
      Spectator

those are pretty cool :)

Kuumar
      Spectator

Reggae

You know which entry is mine, haha.

Riverandsky
      Spectator

Some are good, some are really good. I’m more than excited that mine and Kuumar’s was the only poster entirely carved out of linoleum and printed.

Anonymous
      Spectator

Some are good, some are really good. I’m more than excited that mine and Kuumar’s was the only poster entirely carved out of linoleum and printed.[/quote:sxdxlkis]
      yes…you guys were pretty clever with that linoleum carving!
      I think I have figured out who a few of these belong to. and yes I know which one is your’s Kuumar and Riverandsky-it’s so obvious..lol
      and mine…hmmm…I’ll leave ya’ll to guess

amnesia
      Spectator

Holy crap.Im happy im not one of the judges, i would defo have a hard time to pick one.I think they are all very nice.Good luck guys. :wink:

Tion
      Spectator

wow.
      im scrolling up and down all the time :)

Ambrose
      Spectator

Wow, there are some really good designs there. They’re all pretty unique and you can see a lot of work has gone into them. Congrats to everyone who entered. :)

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

I’m so glad that I don’t have to judge this. Out of these there are so many that I adore! Wow. I am going to have to go through these over and over! I love so many of them

wow, those are all pretty good. i am glad i don’t have to judge them.

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

I don’t want to pick anyone out over the others, but my favorite is the tree. It’s clean and sharp and my eye is completely drawn to it.

wHitE_sPyDeR_gRl
      Spectator

I love the one with Billy holding the rose against the water and sun backround! It’s so beautifully and well done! Good job guys! All of them are so fantastic!!!!

natascha
      Spectator

they are all so amazing and i agree with della, the tree is (beneath mine :lol: ) my favorite…but don´t forget friends…these are only some images…imagine that everyone of us did submit 6 or more items…please show us ALL after the judging.

ZeroSOFAD
      Spectator

LOL )))))))
      Cool artworks ))))

OoAwAo0
      Spectator

wow.. i made the white one with the black circles on it.. i was trying to win but personally.. the brown one with the cupid type babies on it.. fucking AWESOME.

scotopic_lux
      Spectator

There are a few there that i really like….
      The astronaut one is really cool, and i could imagine seeing that as a gig poster – nice work.
      I really like the last one with the heart logo with the 20 in it – really good idea, wish i had thought of it!
      The lino cut (or wood, sorry im not sure) one is has a really nice feel to it.

There are some amazing illustrations in amongst them all.
      I dont know if i should say which one is mine (im kinda nervous!), but i just want to wish everyone the best of luck, there are some great entries.

I’m glad I didn’t spend time doing this now. I would have stood absolutely no chance!

Ah, look at all the newbies emerging from the woodwork. You’d better stick around, fuckers.

blueczarina
      Spectator

hehe :lol: superlord :wink:

Pipoka
      Spectator

THank you for the GIMP software superlord, it helped me A LOT !
      :wink:

Anonymous
      Spectator

yes…Thanks a million superlord…that was the greatest download other than Pumpkins music for me in a long time :lol:

OoAwAo0
      Spectator

So i was trying to be creative.. it may have backfired?? I was thinking 20th anniversary right? so like.. every one in their right minds would say.. well lets reflect on 20 years of pumpkins.. i thought not only was this too nastalgic.. it was cliche.. so instead of a poster reflecting.. i did a poster progressing.. and instead of a track list with all the songs they skip through anyways.. i made a tracklist with songs that have probably never been played live.. ever.. who knows.. hopefully this idea of a 20th anniversary reflecting the \"FUTURE\" of the pumpkins will work.. my poster is the white one with all the faces on it.. i feel the brown with the angels is AWESOME.. the tree is dope too but a little too… happy?? i donno.. wish me luck it was a journey of self exploration in itself making this package.. its win win.. thanks everyone.

P.S. I did, however, acknowledge this idea of acknowledging the idea of the history of pumpkins… sooo i DID hide symbols from all the years of the pumpkins within every inch of the poster.. your welcome.

P.S.2. I also hid a demented chicken embryo in there.. try and find it =)

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

P.S. I did, however, acknowledge this idea of acknowledging the idea of the history of pumpkins… sooo i DID hide symbols from all the years of the pumpkins within every inch of the poster.. your welcome.

P.S.2. I also hid a demented chicken embryo in there.. try and find it =)[/quote:1hl18cbl]

Okay I must be blind. I see two SP logos, a spider, a little guy running and jumping, a lower case "a", an orchid, a butterfly….. Did I get any, some? Am I just crazy? Is the chicken embryo bottom left?

I even took it into photoshop and inverted the colors so that I might find other things

scotopic_lux
      Spectator

Ok, I shall speak up, mine is the \"happy\" tree :) haha, and i totally get what you mean about it being a little too \"happy\" for SP :) Let me explain a little. Its kinda simple in its theory. The roots of it all are ‘smashing pumpkins’ what they have grown into is 20 years of that band. The tree itself is black and white but what it radiates is amazing colours and light. I wanted to keep it a really simple, even logo-ish image, as that logo also carried through on all of my other passes, t-shirt, flyer etc. In the way that SP have the heart logo (which i put on the tree trunk) i wanted this to be seen as an icon for this time period.

Oh and by the way, I chose that gig to make the poster for as it is my birthday :) hehe.

Anyway, like i said, there are some amazing entries…and now we have to wait. SP.com said winners announced 27th Oct! Still a whole week away.

Pipoka
      Spectator

Ok, I shall speak up, mine is the "happy" tree :) haha, and i totally get what you mean about it being a little too "happy" for SP :) Let me explain a little. Its kinda simple in its theory. The roots of it all are ‘smashing pumpkins’ what they have grown into 20 years of that band. The tree itself is black and white abut what it radiates is amazing colours and light. I wanted to keep it a really simple, even logo-ish image, as that logo also carried through on all of my other passes, t-shirt, flyer etc. In the way that SP have the heart logo (which i put on the tree trunk) i wanted this to be seen as an icon for this time period.

Oh and by the way, I chose that gig to make the poster for as it is my birthday :) hehe.

Anyway, like i said, there are some amazing entries…and now we have to wait. SP.com said winners announced 27th Oct! Still a whole week away.[/quote:23i70983]

i did the same… (about that logo idea)
      i really like yours and i don’t think it’s too happy for SP ;)

blueczarina
      Spectator

i don’t think it’s too happy for SP ;)[/quote:3me7wscg]

true, plus i think billy is happier these days anyway- at least music wise. :wink:

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

Its kinda simple in its theory. The roots of it all are ‘smashing pumpkins’ what they have grown into is 20 years of that band. [/quote:367r5une]

It’s simple, and iconic and I love it. A tree is perfect symbolism for growth and development. To me it’s even symbolic of how it’s limbs can be lobbed off (James and D’Arcy) and it will regrow and be the same tree. It’s symbolic of the fact that without sun, soil and water (critics, fans, family) the tree would wither up and die. It’s completely symbolic of standing the test of time. I love it.

I can’t wait to see the complimentary pieces! Way to go. You rock

Tion
      Spectator

i cant say whats my favorite untill i`ve seen the stickers, songlist.ect. who belongs to the poster….
      you have to see the whole idea behind.

anyway, everyone is the winner,right?
      concrats to all.

Pipoka
      Spectator

i cant say whats my favorite untill i`ve seen the stickers, songlist.ect. who belongs to the poster….
      you have to see the whole idea behind.

anyway, everyone is the winner,right?
      concrats to all.[/quote:2onlhys2]

you’re right.
      congrats to everyone! :D

I’m glad I didn’t spend time doing this now. I would have stood absolutely no chance!

[/quote:3e6ymj14]

same here!!!

THank you for the GIMP software superlord, it helped me A LOT !
      :wink:[/quote:2vknxbbe]

yes…Thanks a million superlord…that was the greatest download other than Pumpkins music for me in a long time :lol:[/quote:2vknxbbe]
      Haha, just glad I could help.

superlord, you don’t suck ass!

superlord, you don’t suck ass![/quote:1hzv5w6w]
      …thanks?

yes, that is a compliment, arthur doesn’t want me to use the term \"love you (but only as a friend)\" anymore.

Anonymous
      Spectator

yes, that is a compliment, arthur doesn’t want me to use the term "love you (but only as a friend)" anymore.[/quote:169trl4t]
      ok why not? Is it too mushy for him :?
      should not bring Arthur’s name into this forum-they are not allowed to be in here for another week..LOL :lol:

blueczarina
      Spectator

superlord, you don’t suck ass![/quote:y995t9sf]
      …thanks?[/quote:y995t9sf]

you must of missed this conversation while you were MIA :lol:

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

I want to see more :) I didn’t see any T-shirts or bumper stickers in the hightlights ;) [edited] Did somebody say the winner would be announced Friday?
      I finally posted mine publicly on my art site. Before they were friends and family only on Flickr. I couldn’t handle waiting to share

Kuumar
      Spectator

I want to see more :) I didn’t see any T-shirts or bumper stickers in the hightlights ;)
      MOAR! hahaha. Did somebody say the winner would be announced Friday?
      I finally posted mine publicly on my art site. Before they were friends and family only on Flickr. I couldn’t handle waiting to share[/quote:303jdjac]

Id like to see yours. Riverandsky and mine are on http://www.myspace.com/kombucha_mushroom_88

I realized I misspelled something on the setlist, I hope they understand :( I wrote Bodes instead of bodies lol.

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

Riverandsky and mine are on http://www.myspace.com/kombucha_mushroom_88
      [/quote:1n4marfr]

Wait buttons? I was so confused with the rules, I went to do a button and then thought it was just backstage type passes, so I ditched my round 1" buttons.

You can find me on deviantart ;)

Pipoka
      Spectator

[/quote:wdg0thez]

Wait buttons? I was so confused with the rules, I went to do a button and then thought it was just backstage type passes, so I ditched my round 1" buttons.

You can find me on deviantart ;)[/quote:wdg0thez]

your baby is lovely !

Kuumar
      Spectator

[/quote:fem6txtf]

You can find me on deviantart ;)[/quote:fem6txtf]

What do you mean della? did you see our art? I can’t see devian art on my work laptop…. So Ghey…

Kuumar
      Spectator

Della,

Can you please send me a direct link? me and river are on her Iphone and we cant find your sp art. all we see is you and a girl, you look awesome in your costume though :)

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

What do you mean della? did you see our art? I can’t see devian art on my work laptop…. So Ghey…[/quote:4dx085a5]

Yeah I saw your submissions on myspace. You had 3 buttons, I was just saying I thought they had to be some sort of backstage, VIP, or staff passes

I’ll message you the direct Flickr Links so that you can see

Kuumar
      Spectator

What do you mean della? did you see our art? I can’t see devian art on my work laptop…. So Ghey…[/quote:2t2kbmev]

Yeah I saw your submissions on myspace. You had 3 buttons, I was just saying I thought they had to be some sort of backstage, VIP, or staff passes

I’ll message you the direct Flickr Links so that you can see[/quote:2t2kbmev]

I did have a backstage pass lol. It’s there look again.

Riverandsky
      Spectator

My favs, after my own of course (hehe :P), are:
      1. Cherub babies
      2. Tree
      3. Green Heart with the Cherub
      4. Painted aeroplane VIP backstage pass

I would put the tree first however, it is a teensy too…bright? sterile? Not sure the word. It’s amazing…just not sure if it contains enough grit for the pumpkins.

natascha
      Spectator

…hahaha found rivers and della´s,too!
      it´s fun to search the \"before-can´t-wait-submitters\"… :wink:
      i don´t wanna be silly…or so…but what happened to the rules? you know? not to submit until it´s done?
      i know i sumbitted my poster on my sites, too…but after they posted it here…

DELLA as soon as i have time, i´ll sighn up on deviant art, i guess i have to go there!
      so…can we submitt our stuff now? no disqualify if we do?
      can not wait very long anymore!

Riverandsky
      Spectator

Crap. I hope I don’t get in trouble 4 giving away clues as to which one is mine. :( if any judges read this, I’m sorry! I’m just new. Hehe.

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

…hahaha found rivers and della´s,too!
      but what happened to the rules? you know? not to submit until it´s done?
      i know i sumbitted my poster on my sites, too…but after they posted it here…
      can we submitt our stuff now? no disqualify if we do?
      ![/quote:is3o8kac]

I thought it said not to submit the images in full to the forum. When I asked if we could submit our art to our own websites, they said yes, it’s our art.

I don’t know if it got lost in translation what I was asking, or their answer… or if it’s all fine and dandy. I figured it’s okay to submit after the contest’s deadline. If the judges are being good they won’t look around to find our entries if we’ve posted them on our personal art site.

Either way, even if they know WHO submitted it, I have faith that they will choose the best one for the Pumpkins.

SPfreaks
      Spectator

Some more highlights. These are handmade submissions (just uploaded to judges and PMM today). The first is a tshirt, the second is a setlist.

The third is not handmade, but was submitted as a partial entry, and therefore, cannot be used, but we think it’s definitely worth viewing. The artist was contacted and unfortunately told us he could not complete the entire package, but wanted us to use poster how we wanted. So, again, enjoy!

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

It never occurred to me to make the set list pretty. I just threw one of my vectored logos in the background!
      The third one I saw on Flickr and loved. I’m so sad that it wasn’t a complete package

Shannen
      Spectator

Wow! Looks like you guys had done a SUPER SUPER GREAT job with the artwork.

natascha
      Spectator

i think like you della, we´re not in kindergarden, right :wink:

but you must understand… :D i´m a ruly german…hehe, so when the disqualification thingy is not actual anymore, it´s great. just wanted to be sure.

scotopic_lux
      Spectator

Just thinking out loud guys, won’t changing your avatars allow the judges to see your artwork in other threads on the forum?? They will know which piece is yours.

And I didn’t do anyhting for the setlist, I typed it on text edit on my mac and sent the text file in the zip haha, never thought of making it pretty!

Anonymous
      Spectator

Just thinking out loud guys, won’t changing your avatars allow the judges to see your artwork in other threads on the forum?? They will know which piece is yours.

[/quote:12r0q0be]
      That’s a good observation…hmmmm

SPfreaks
      Spectator

The point of the judges not viewing this thread is not to disassociate themselves from the artwork owner. The reason they will not be viewing this thread is to keep any opinions discussed in this thread out of their minds, to prevent swaying or bias.

We know whose artwork belongs to who, or else, how would we be able to announce the winner! :D

8)

On another note, http://www.smashingpumpkins.com has agreed they will post the winner on their site on October 27th. We will follow suit soon thereafter. Stay tuned!

scotopic_lux
      Spectator

The point of the judges not viewing this thread is not to disassociate themselves from the artwork owner. The reason they will not be viewing this thread is to keep any opinions discussed in this thread out of their minds, to prevent swaying or bias.

We know whose artwork belongs to who, or else, how would we be able to announce the winner! :D

8) [/quote:16fd8i8g]

No problems, I just assumed that the owner of the site would know who owned the art work and everyone else was judging blind. Anyway, as long as all is good :)

And exciting about sp.com announcing the winner but the 27th seems so far, hehe.

I kinda wish there was another comp to design for, was so much fun.

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

8) [/quote:33jkeqif]

No problems, I just assumed that the owner of the site would know who owned the art work and everyone else was judging blind. Anyway, as long as all is good :)

And exciting about sp.com announcing the winner but the 27th seems so far, hehe.

I kinda wish there was another comp to design for, was so much fun.[/quote:33jkeqif]

SWEET We will be one of the first things announced on the newly redesigned site!

I hope there will be more art competitions as well, this was great fun.

And I didn’t do anyhting for the setlist, I typed it on text edit on my mac and sent the text file in the zip haha, never thought of making it pretty![/quote:3nsgpkln]

yeah, i just typed it up in the email along with how i made the artwork. ie: hand drawn then photoshoped.

Viewing 63 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.