Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

I’m really looking forward to this….and also Day For Night.

Looks like a limited lime vinyl will be available for pre-order at ZuZus!

https://twitter.com/ZuZusTeahouse/statu … 6936836096

I’m going to try for a few copies,so if anyone wants one I’ll let you know how I get on. Not got much hope though, after the Aegea release.

That being said, if anyone has a spare copy I would be very happy to buy one from you and send some dollas your way for the trouble.

Good luck Freaks!

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Managed to get 2 copies.

Although, by the time the TEA package was added and the shipping, it came to $110 per record! (the record is stated as $29.99 btw).

Fucking joy! :oops:

marigold
      Spectator

Even if the postage was cheaper – the tea wouldn’t get past biosecurity in my country – being exotic and rare ‘plant material’ :roll:

The pledge music site has other options for regular vinyl etc:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/smashingpumpkins

manillascissor
      Keymaster

was able to secure a copy of the MTAE vinyl test press. 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

Cool manilla! 8)

Meanwhile this was posted less than an hour ago. I’m more into this, then I’m into Being Beige, to be honest. It’s catchy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVcnYgEtgZE

Sven
      Spectator

yep. this is more like it. song wise. production wise.

and i’m not saying this because of the massive rock guitars and i’m still not out on the (slightly?) processed or triggered? drum sound(s) but this is a poor digital version so i will wait for the full hi def master version on that one…

pretty awesome track with loads of energy, short and snappy, bit Zeitgeist-like in some ways, but also some old school elements with a dash of futurism/now-ness thrown in for good measure and hey: it all works… :)

I’m going to try for a few copies,so if anyone wants one I’ll let you know how I get on. Not got much hope though, after the Aegea release.[/quote:3s45hijz]
      it looks like you were worried for no reason. it’s still not sold out.
      there are 29 copies left right now. they’re almost there.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

More tea for me, then! :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i just farted

*first post on new board*

ola!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Hiyo!

Spag
      Spectator

Thoughts about the new album? It has some instant classics for me (Tiberius, Being Beige, Drum + Fife), a few that have grown on me the last few days and continue to do so (Anaise!, Dorian, Monuments) and one that I wish I never have to hear as long as I live (Run2Me).

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i haven’t heard anything beyond monuments.  guess i’m waiting til tuesday for really no reason.  just looking forward to buying the CD and listening through once, end to end.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

‘Run to me sounds’like the never ending story!

Spag
      Spectator

Just received this message from PledgeMusic:

I’m afraid to say we have just realized that we have actually over sold slightly on the test pressings by accident. Unfortunately this means your order is one of the ones affected. We’re very sorry about this. The record label is making more to fit demand but the problem is they are unlikely to be ready in time for Christmas.

We are happy to refund you if you are not prepared to wait. We realize this is much longer than you expected to receive them.

Spag
      Spectator

And after asking them how many extra copies they are going to press, I received this:

I completely appreciate how displeased you must be, however if it makes you feel any better, there will have been two runs of vinyl which means two sets of test pressings will be needed. One with 10 test pressings and the second with 5, so they will be equally rare.

marigold
      Spectator

I had to contact Pledgemusic as I hadn’t received my download yet…seems like a lot of people didn’t receive items in the post either.
      I just got this reply:

Apologies! I didn’t notice you were a NZ pledger. Yes, due to licensing restrictions this album is only available on Friday 12th I’m afraid for NZ/Aus fans.

FYI – the 11th is due to the site working to GMT.

only a few more hours! But I’ve listened to the youtube version already.

Dorian, Monuments, Tiberius, Anaise, Drum+Fife, One and All, Anti-hero – such great music!
      Being Beige is still ‘okay’.
      Run2me makes me cringe.

Spag
      Spectator

Maybe it’s me, but I found this a little unclear. So I asked them again how many copies there actually will be. This is their answer:

No problem. Apologies for not being clear. In fact there will still only be 15 test pressings made, as stated in the description. 10 from the first run of vinyl and 5 from the second run.

They will all have been signed including the new test pressings.

marigold
      Spectator

‘if it makes you feel any better’ ehh

manillascissor
      Keymaster

wow, that’s super interesting.  i still don’t know if i got my test pressing either!!!!  (out of town).  will check in on friday to confirm.

fuck.

it doesn’t seem like that big of a deal. they (pre-)sold 15 test pressings, but only 10 of them are already available. the other 5 will follow. with apologies. and if you want to, you can still get a refund. so it’s just an unexpected delay, really.
      that’s a lot better than “oh, we sold 15 copies, but now it turns out there are only 10, so you will not be getting one. however, we might peel the labels off a normal copy and put a white label instead and sell that to you for $155, just because we’re so nice.”

Spag
        Spectator

Still, it seems strange to make another 5 test pressings while the record is already in stores; that’s how I understand it, anyway. But, of course, I’m quite happy to get one of five.

well, i agree. it is a strange story. and they weren’t very clear in the first message. (or did they slightly adjust the story so it would sound better?)

were the two pressings with 10 and 5 test pressings planned in advance? or are they now adding five more “test pressings”, because they already sold them, but don’t have them?

Spag
            Spectator

I’m still not sure, though to me it sounds like they pressed 10 copies and sold 15. Anyway, I just received the following – rather depressing – message:

I’m extremely sorry to now notify you that the label have asked us to refund the unfulfilled test pressings saying they are not going to be able to fulfill them.

I vey sorry for the confusion. As a result I would like to offer you a gratis AccessPass of any PledgeMusic artist as a gesture of apology for the mix up. Please let us know which you would like access to.

We will of course give you a full refund on the test pressing.

manillascissor
              Keymaster

so sorry, spag.  πŸ™  i would be LIVID

Spag
              Spectator

Thanks. Well, at least I’ve learned a new word today! Had to look op livid πŸ˜‰

manillascissor
              Keymaster

silver lining!

oh my god, that is awful.

TOPSPIN FREE GIFT anyone?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah, seriously

zeroo
      Spectator

If it makes you feel any better, I tried to buy TP when they were put up for sale.I tried 10 times or more but payment is not accepted.It seemed to me that they did not sell customers outside the US…I was disappointed…But what you have experienced is very very disappointing.

Spag
        Spectator

That sucks. Anyway, live outside the US too, but my payment was accepted.

geofolkers
      Spectator

I’m looking for a copy of the Australian / New Zealand Monuments to an Elegy CD. Anyone got any leads on it? πŸ™‚

geofolkers
      Spectator

a couple of freaks reached to me on the Australian / New Zealand cd! thank you!

geofolkers
      Spectator

Brazilian pressing of Monuments to an Elegy now available πŸ™‚

http://www.livrariacultura.com.br/p/monument-of-na-elegy-42876817

Viewing 26 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.