Viewing 67 reply threads
  • Author

amnesia
      Spectator

These are due to be released November 15th (we’ll see)

and will include printed lyrics, bonus CD and DVD

http://crestfallen.com/2011/08/18/gish- … and-a-dvd/

manillascissor
      Keymaster

is crestfallen dot com some sort of new hub for sp news? this makes NO FUCKING SENSE, as there is another site with a rather direct name, smashingpumpkins dot com.

marigold
      Spectator

yeah I can’t see much there except tour info and songs and videos :?

Kerry Brown and Jonathan Monte seem to have more info *shrug*

Arthur
      Spectator

Whatever the source, it was a tweet from the man himself, so it’s good news. 8)

some pumpkins
      Spectator

I’m also excited for this

marigold
      Spectator

jupiter
      Spectator

8)

Arthur
      Spectator

Kewl. New songs! 8)

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I can’t wait to hear those. :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Pisces Iscariot is back on the reissue list again for this year!?

\"EMI and Smashing Pumpkins are also prepping a massive reissue series of the band’s entire catalog, set to launch this year and continue into 2013. The campaign will feature remastered editions of all their studio albums with bonus material; 1991’s Gish, 1993’s Siamese Dream, and 1994’s compilation album Pisces Iscariot are expected this fall.\"

http://www.spin.com/articles/billy-corg … umpkins-lp

hmmm… my guess is that that is a mistake. it was originally announced like this, so maybe they based their article on the old announcement?

marigold
      Spectator

yeah sounds like they just got the info from Kerry’s blog from April:

http://glittercop.blogspot.com/2011/04/ … fully.html

milan
      Spectator

1. Starla (2011 mix)
      2. Siva (peel Session)
      3. Honeyspider (real Time Demos/2011 mix)
      4. Hippy Trippy (crush music box demo)
      5. Snail (live radio performance)
      6. Plume (2011 mix)
      7. Bury Me (real Time demos / 2011 mix)
      8. Daydream (Old house demo)
      9. Tristessa (Sub Pop single/2011 mix)
      10. Girl Named Sandoz (Peel Session)
      11. Jesus is the Sun (Apartment demo)
      12. Blue (Gish sessions demo)
      13. Smiley (Gish sessions demo)
      14. I am One (Real Time demos / 2011 mix)
      15. Seem (Suffer/Aparment demo)
      16. La Dolly Vita (2011 mix)
      17. Pulsczar (Gish sessions demo)
      18. Drown (alternative guitar solo)

1. pissant (siamese sessions rough mix)
      2. siamese dream (broadway rehearsals demo)
      3. stp (rehearsal demo)
      4. frail and bedazzled (soundworks demo)
      5. luna (apartment demo)
      6. quiet (bbc session/bc mix)
      7. moleasskiss (soundworks demo)
      8. hello kitty kat (soundworks demo)
      9. today (broadway rehearsal demo)
      10. never let me down again (bbc session)
      11. apathy’s last kiss (siamese sessions/rough mix)
      12. ache (silverfuck/rehearsal demo)
      13. U.S.A. (soundworks demo)
      14. U.S.S.R. (soundworks demo)
      15. spaceboy (acoustic mix)
      16. rocket (rehearsalo demo)
      17. disarm (acoustic mix)
      18. soma (instrumental mix)

apparently the release date is 29 november now.

jupiter
      Spectator

gives me time to save some money! :D

Danni
      Spectator

They look beautiful –

marigold
      Spectator

They do look pretty! :)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

They look beautiful –

[/quote:19ql37u5]

holy shit

lots of loose crap.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

i bought it all. :oops:

marigold
      Spectator

^^ hehe

you can order them from sp.com now:

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/reissues

they show all the tracklistings for each issue – nice!

Gish – never heard of ‘Seam’ and ‘Hippy Trippy’ before these reissues.

Siamese Dream – Ache (silverfuck rehearsal demo) – wonder if this is a different version of Silverfuck or a different song altogether? :?:

Also: Previously Unreleased, Full Length DVD From The Metro 1993

:shock:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

apparently, there is media available after ordering. (downloading now!)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

the extra media is the sprc releases (to date), plus the artwork.

Sauli
      Spectator

^^ hehe

you can order them from sp.com now:

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/reissues

they show all the tracklistings for each issue – nice!

Gish – never heard of ‘Seam’ and ‘Hippy Trippy’ before these reissues.

Siamese Dream – Ache (silverfuck rehearsal demo) – wonder if this is a different version of Silverfuck or a different song altogether? :?:

Also: Previously Unreleased, Full Length DVD From The Metro 1993

:shock:[/quote:143x7amv]

Hippy Trippy = Just different version of Crush

Sauli
      Spectator

What the hell… Shipping to Finland for Siamese Dream deluxe edition from SPRC costs \"only\" 22,95 $..

yeah, the sp.com webstore is really lovely like that. (you had to be crazy, or a millionaire to order the teargarden eps from there.)

marigold
      Spectator

the extra media is the sprc releases (to date), plus the artwork.[/quote:3dk8xpxw]

also with the order from the SPRC you get the Frail and Bedazzled instrumental

I can’t see the pre-order link on Amazon now – does that mean they ran out of their supply? Does anyone know how many copies are being made? I am still trying to decide if I want to get anything more than the SD deluxe edtion….

manillascissor
      Keymaster

the extra media is the sprc releases (to date), plus the artwork.[/quote:2bxx5mbn]

also with the order from the SPRC you get the Frail and Bedazzled instrumental[/quote:2bxx5mbn]

where are you getting this?

marigold
      Spectator

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com

All preorders of GISH and/or SIAMESE DREAM include an instant download of the four tracks available to the Smashing Pumpkins Record Club – the 8-track demo of \"Drown,\" \"Suicide Kiss Geek (no vox),\" \"Barb Wire\" and \"Rhinoceros Version 2,\" plus one new exclusive. As a little bonus for purchasing these from the SPRC directly, we have found another little buried treasure for you. Enjoy the \"Frail and Bedazzled Instrumental\" – This is a Billy Corgan home demo from back in the day! Physical orders ship out the week of November 29. Digital purchases will be delivered via download link at midnight on November 29. There are standard and deluxe versions available of each album, with different tracklists.[/quote:1y8cc8ci]

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

I just bought the deluxe reissues from amazon with their pre-order guarantee. Now to decide if I need to add another copy of the vinyl to my collection when I already have the originals. Is the remaster on 180g really worth buying another copy of each? Thoughts anyone….

manillascissor
      Keymaster

regarding the frail and bedazzled, i had to contact topspin, but they sent a download link. guess they fucked up some of the orders? so anyway, i’m going to download that later, the link is in my email inbox.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I just bought the deluxe reissues from amazon with their pre-order guarantee. Now to decide if I need to add another copy of the vinyl to my collection when I already have the originals. Is the remaster on 180g really worth buying another copy of each? Thoughts anyone….[/quote:27llpkhh]

people will tell you all sorts of crazy shit, but the reissues on vinyl are going to sound just like the vinyl you have. they’ll have some weird inspired new artwork, but that’s it.

i haven’t bought them yet, because i don’t really have the money to blow on them just now, but i did also buy the deluxe reissue CDs for gish and siamese dream. i guess in a couple of days, i’ll figure out if i want to purchase the vinyl. well, i mean, obviously, i want to. ;)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

the frail and bedazzled demo is chill as fuck. sounds awesome.

but it sort of cuts out at 2:20. i guess this is intentional?

jupiter
      Spectator

who has the cheapest international postage for the gish and SD CD’s?

who has the cheapest international postage for the gish and SD CD’s?[/quote:3md18prg]
      i think you’ll be able to buy them wherever you live, without having to pay international postage.

but it sort of cuts out at 2:20. i guess this is intentional?[/quote:2yldiw3l]
      i don’t think that’s normal.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

It’s because that’s where Billy vocal solo is supposed to comes in.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

It’s because that’s where Billy vocal solo is supposed to comes in.[/quote:1gkvuby6]

:P

manillascissor
      Keymaster

but it sort of cuts out at 2:20. i guess this is intentional?[/quote:14feemp5]
      i don’t think that’s normal.[/quote:14feemp5]

thanks bram, i redownloaded the full version. must have messed up the first time

all right.

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

Is anyone willing to share Frail since I’ve bought my copies from amazon?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Is anyone willing to share Frail since I’ve bought my copies from amazon?[/quote:vj9dp1od]

PM me your email, I’ll send it right over.

marigold
      Spectator

So if you pre-order, you just have to contact topspin about getting that link? Rather than wait around til 29 November?

marigold
      Spectator

who has the cheapest international postage for the gish and SD CD’s?[/quote:1xdj34qq]
      i think you’ll be able to buy them wherever you live, without having to pay international postage.[/quote:1xdj34qq] I don’t think I will be able to, we don’t seem to get special issues of anything here . It will be cheaper to order from overseas than to travel to Auckland to buy them anyway!

amnesia
      Spectator

I just bought the deluxe reissues from amazon with their pre-order guarantee. Now to decide if I need to add another copy of the vinyl to my collection when I already have the originals. Is the remaster on 180g really worth buying another copy of each? Thoughts anyone….[/quote:2bzun2n8]

Could you please copy the links to the Gish and Siamese Dream 2cd deluxe edition from Amazon here? ( im so lazy to look for them myself atm :P ) :)

I need to pre-order them as well. Thanks :)

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

[url:142vp1c6]http://www.amazon.com/Siamese-Dream-Smashing-Pumpkins/dp/B005MW8CUG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1319421408&sr=8-4[/url:142vp1c6]

[url:142vp1c6]http://www.amazon.com/Gish-Smashing-Pumpkins/dp/B005MW8CLK/ref=ntt_mus_dp_dpt_2[/url:142vp1c6]

There you go. :D

amnesia
      Spectator

[url:uhmenajm]http://www.amazon.com/Siamese-Dream-Smashing-Pumpkins/dp/B005MW8CUG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1319421408&sr=8-4[/url:uhmenajm]

[url:uhmenajm]http://www.amazon.com/Gish-Smashing-Pumpkins/dp/B005MW8CLK/ref=ntt_mus_dp_dpt_2[/url:uhmenajm]

There you go. :D[/quote:uhmenajm]

Yay.Thanks a million. :wink:

Time to pre-order then. 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

I also pre-ordered on Amazon, because the price is lower.

Anyone willing to share the SPRC MP3 with me then? :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

I also pre-ordered on Amazon, because the price is lower.

Anyone willing to share the SPRC MP3 with me then? :wink:[/quote:exn8vprh]

i sent you frail and bedazzled, the other stuff i assumed you already have.

Arthur
      Spectator

Thanks! What was the exact release date of that track? I want to mention it in the Virtual Music section later…

Same question for Barb Wire, when exactly came that file available?

amnesia
      Spectator

Anyone willing to share the SPRC MP3 with me then? :wink:[/quote:22wb8d5n]

I also would love to listen to it.Anyone?? :P

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Bla Bla Bleh Bleh

amnesia
      Spectator

Bla Bla Bleh Bleh[/quote:syo5giwm]

Yeah haha :lol: Thats me.

Thanks a million dear. 8) :wink:

milan
      Spectator

marigold
      Spectator

THANK YOU! :D

Tristessa 2011 mix sounds pretty damn cool

Sven
      Spectator

for those of you who just can’t wait: 30s snippets via

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0064ZS … =dm_sp_alb

http://www.amazon.de/Siamese-Dream-Delu … 130&sr=8-2[/quote:23ffe821]

on Gish (remastered album)…
      > even from this quality it sound as if they’ve made the sound a little bit more dirty; i.e.: mixed the distorted side of some guitar tracks to the foreground. it also seems to be a little bit wider in the stereo panning than the original or previous remaster.

on the bonus disc for Gish…
      > Starla: the main strumming riff seems to be much more up close and defined
      > Siva: the drums and especially the bass are more pronounced
      > Honeyspider: bass upped, clear definition between the various guitar parts (used to be kinda blurry wavy mesh)
      > Hippy Trippy: basically just a Crush demo then? hmmm…. BC told the fan base before it was a totally different song, as did Joe Shanahan… sound quite ok to me on these 30 secs but hey… it’s Crush… and not an altogether new song…
      > Snail: nice, warm and up close…
      > Plume: the drums and bass sound much more defined, more definition in the different guitar riffs… massive rocksound and seems to be bigger in the stereo field
      > Bury Me: still a little bit ‘muddy’ with a lot of treble on the cymbals and James guitar
      > Daydream: loads of echo-o-o-o-o-o-o/reverb here…
      > Tristessa: the ‘power chord’ riff seems to have gained bottom end here
      > Girl Named Sandoz: this mix was already pretty good, the drums do sound more pronounced, especially the snare
      > Jesus is the Sun: nice one
      > Blue: finally the acoustic one from the studio in amazing quality?!
      > Smiley: seems to have been tracked with the Blue version; same vibe and quality… nice one as the standard version to my taste at least as way too massive bass
      > I Am One: as with Bury Me; i would have tried to cut down on the treble or tweak it warmer
      > Seam: nice one
      > La Dolly Vita: this mix already was amazingly warm and clear, can’t detect much difference now
      > Pulseczar: Earphoria-version i guess
      > Drown: nice one

now up to SD… :)))
      looking forward to these releases and to pump up the volume on the stereo (a much better one compared to the one i used back in the days which was good in and of itself no less…)…

Sven
      Spectator

for those of you who just can’t wait: 30s snippets via

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0064ZS … =dm_sp_alb

http://www.amazon.de/Siamese-Dream-Delu … 130&sr=8-2[/quote:ggyxbii7]

on SD (remastered album)…
      > it’s very hard to judge this massive production by these snippets, but there’s been some tinkering with the low end reverb and compression; somehow the bass lines just stand out more as do some drum parts, but this needs to be evaluated with the full quality release.

on the bonus disc for SD…
      > Pissant: rough mix? sound like all amps to maximum (hear the room reverb!!) and just hitting it HARD…:)
      > Siamese Dream: WOW! -> totally NOT what i expected… the sister track to HKK and Pissant for sure :) amazing rock sound, way dirty and loud
      > STP: a groover somewhere between the Gish era and the SD era and still a groove riff BC uses in the new songs too… best rendition i guess judging from this we have of this song
      > Frail and Bedazzled: a little bit slower than the PI one and a bit more Gish too, maybe in the psychedelic riff by James? that was turned into a spiky riff in the SD vein in the version on PI
      > Luna: nice one with much too much reverb on the acoustic guitar and voice
      > Quiet: early SD tour version as it’s still pretty close to the original and not that aggressive… from this session then? -> http://spfc.org/tours/date.html?tour_id=943
      > Moleasskiss: another groover from the Pumpkins file; very Plume like… damn: if these didn’t make SD, but would have made it, it would have been such a different record… check the James vocal / harmony at the end, when they kick into the chorus :)
      > Hello Kitty Kat: yet another massive groover, before the mix was ‘destroyed’ by BC (ref: PI liner notes); i guess i like this rocking version better than the overloaded wall of sound
      > Today: superb extremely dirty distortion on both guitars, no lead parts for James (yet), a little bit slower too
      > Never Let Me Down Again: nice one, same mix as on Rocket 7"/cds
      > Apathy’s Last Kiss: there’s been a lot of effects applied to the final released mix as this sound way off balance on the James guitar and lacks the massive reverb
      > Ache: nowhere near as yet of the final Silverfuck version but it’s all there; this goes to show where a good producer and relentless working to refine songs can lead you to
      > U.S.A.: quite a suprise: groover and upbeat to, this could just aswell have been a post-jam to Silverfuck as Jackboot went on to be(come), a jammy thingy which seems to be able to go on for ages and ages and already i love the sound of it
      > U.S.S.R.: untypical very choppy riffs and drum breaks; groovy to the bone, but where does this lead to in the complete version? this one too i, with U.S.A., i just cannot fathom how they did these groove song in massive rock guise in the same time frame and manage to come up with SD; very interesting stuff; the record easily could have been so much different, it appears
      > Spaceboy: nice one
      > Rocket: just amps to maximum and riff away; it’s so nice when this song sounds this dirty as i’ve always found the SD version too tidy for my taste; this is the perfect blend between the Gish era and the SD era and it sound big and LOUD :)
      > Disarm: nice one
      > Soma: nice one, but why? an hommage to the best song / riff / melody James has ever written maybe?

marigold
      Spectator

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

I finally got my shipping notice from Amazon. I think it’s funny though that I was local shop yesterday and saw them sitting on the shelf; CD and vinyl versions both. I only bought the deluxe editions but now that I’ve seen the vinyl, I’m really tempted to get those too. Can anyone tell me how the vinyl sounds in comparison to the originals?

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

Fastest FREE shipping ever :shock: My deluxe sets arrived in only 1 day from Amazon. Go figure. I’m going to spend alot of time with them before I post anything….except…they are shiney 8)

marigold
      Spectator

Arthur
      Spectator

And I got this message from Amazon (also for the Gish reissue, so I saved $10.90 in total! It went from 28 something to 22 something, I’m quite suprised! :D ) :

\"Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $5.45 with Amazon.com’s Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

Siamese Dream\"

And on top of that I received 3 extra emails from Amazone stating I received 2+2+1 = 5 dollar on my account to spend on MP3 music. But… \"Amazon MP3 music is available to customers located in and with billing addresses in the United States.\" I’m in Europe, you could have checked that, you fools! :lol:

marigold
      Spectator

And I got this message from Amazon (also for the Gish reissue, so I saved $10.90 in total! It went from 28 something to 22 something, I’m quite suprised! :D ) :

"Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $5.45 with Amazon.com’s Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

Siamese Dream"

And on top of that I received 3 extra emails from Amazone stating I received 2+2+1 = 5 dollar on my account to spend on MP3 music. But… "Amazon MP3 music is available to customers located in and with billing addresses in the United States." I’m in Europe, you could have checked that, you fools! :lol:[/quote:3gdslslx]

WTF? I have the opposite for mine:

‘the price of Gish has increased from $23.75 to $24.12 ‘
      ‘the price of Siamese Dream has increased from $24.01 to $24.48 ‘

I know it’s only a small amount, but why does it go up when your prices go down? :?

I also got offered free mp3s before – it’s like OOH nice… then they tell you you can’t have them. :roll:

Also, conversion to NZ$ and postage for the 2 reissues comes to the equivalent of nearly 8 hours wages (no, I don’t get paid very well), so I am not sure it is worth it for the few songs I would like to have anyway.

also can’t download the mp3s from here:
      http://www.amazon.com/Gish-Deluxe-Editi … sc_title_0
      because
      ‘The sale of MP3 Downloads is currently available only to US customers located in the United States. ‘

so I am hoping they will go on iTunes, or somewhere. 8)

jupiter
      Spectator

do you get the shows in the digital versions?

Arthur
      Spectator

@jupiter: I don’t think so, it was not advertised like that. But I can’t really tell, I never buy digital versions of songs (unless they come for free with a cd that I order :P )

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

WTF? I have the opposite for mine:

‘the price of Gish has increased from $23.75 to $24.12 ‘
      ‘the price of Siamese Dream has increased from $24.01 to $24.48 ‘

I know it’s only a small amount, but why does it go up when your prices go down? :?
      [/quote:32qglc6u]

The message you’re receiving of the prices increasing are likely appearing in your "Cart". Your cart will alert you of any increasing or decreasing of price while the item is in your cart.

Arthur received the same message that I did. This is due to when you placed your preorder. Amazon’s policy is that from the point of pre-order, regardless of the price at the time of preorder, they will only charge you their lowest selling price from that date to the day it’s released. If you place your order and the price is 28 something, and at some point along the way to release date the price drops to 22 something, they will only charge you 22 something when they ship it out = a savings of $5ish.

I hope that helps. I love their preorder policy 8) I don’t ever have to worry about a lower price because I know that I’ll get the absolute lowest.

Pipoka
      Spectator

My sets just arrived! I’m listening to the CDs since morning.

Loving it!!

Love the postcards and the CD sleeves!

Im super happy :D

amnesia
      Spectator

Mine also came today.Gave both bonus disc a spin.Both discs are awesome!

The songs Siamese dreams and Hello Kitty Cat are epic, cant stop listen to them. :D 8)

Viewing 67 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.