Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

marigold
      Keymaster

Name something you think is an absolute truth. It’s harder than you think, ;)

i’m not always right.

jupiter
      Spectator

stoplights are green red and yellow! ;)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i would like to call arthur to this thread. he convinced me absolute truth doesn’t exist.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

stoplights are green red and yellow! ;)[/quote:3e1y7gva]

not if you’re colorblind

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i’m not always right.[/quote:1awic2gc]

according to you, and what you consider to be truthful, or fact, you have a point. but say this to someone who admires you, and takes everything you say with no question, and the statement becomes invalid.

marigold
      Spectator

Absolute truth: Derek was bored today :P

jupiter
      Spectator

can we get a \"like\" button?

Arthur
      Spectator

i would like to call arthur to this thread. he convinced me absolute truth doesn’t exist.[/quote:3uo6a6u5]
      Did I? Wow. :lol:

But yeah, I’m a firm believer that truth, in an absolute way, doesn’t exist. Never. And that’s why life is easy, if one can accept that.

Derek and me came to this subject when we discussed the rules that people make up, to make life easy and understandable. But rules change. Earth was supposed to be flat several hundred years ago, and ships would drop from earth when they sailed too far. Now we know better.

For example, we all want to know "what is the purpose of my life? Why is my very existance needed?". Just declare "there is no point in life", and even if I would have the size, the knowledge, the feelings, the silence and the noise of the universe, I cannot see, feel or know the point of it all. And it’s OK, I can accept that. Like a stone, a tree, a pig, and a drip of water has to accept it also, and doesn’t question it (as far as we know, this is no absolute truth either). And with that said, I move on and I do what I think is wise and good. :)

And this type of thinking can be implemented on everything. At least that is what I think, unless someone here can come up with something that is absolute truth. Or can give a real hint to the point of it all. Good luck!

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I only exist in my mind. :o

marigold
      Spectator

I think, therefore I am…

MonteLDS says (4:40 PM): So u think your all that b/c u know how many ppl are in the usa

MonteLDS says (4:41 PM):
      Give me a break
      MonteLDS says (4:42 PM):
      That’s just arrogance on your part

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i find it quite amusing that it takes him a minimum of 62 seconds to type that.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

and that chatrooms still exist.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

and that people still utilize them.

i find it quite amusing that it takes him a minimum of 62 seconds to type that.[/quote:1wthuhuy]
      that’s because he was typing it on his phone while driving.

MonteLDS says (4:45 PM):
      I am possibly going lose cell signal as I go thru the backroads[/quote:1wthuhuy]

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=162886

The conversation I was having with Andrew was while I was on my blackberry going to work[/quote:1wthuhuy]

Goddamnit Monte, you type and drive?
      Fuck you. Really, wtf.[/quote:1wthuhuy]

that is illegal monte[/quote:1wthuhuy]

it will be in a few months, but it is not now

The text-messaging ban will go into effect on Jan. 1. [/quote:1wthuhuy]
      [url:1wthuhuy]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/25/BAQT134GFB.DTL[/url:1wthuhuy][/quote:1wthuhuy]

isn’t he just a great guy? it’s ok to type on your phone while driving, because it’s not illegal yet.
      this is from october 2008, by the way.

marigold
      Spectator

good lawd

what if i see him at the San Francisco show :shock:

Viewing 17 reply threads

The forum ‘Philosophical Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.