Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Arthur
      Spectator

Here’s a part that Billy said to the audience in Asheville on 3-7-2007. He had to wait a bit for his amp being repaired…

\"We’re still having amp problems, so… I need to take a couple of minutes to talk to you about life and love. But first we encourage you to buy our limited edition Smashing Pumpkins Zeitgeist Four-Twenty shirts. Only 250 in existence. Official SP merchandise. We do not encourage the use of marihuana, we only celebrate the fact that you do use it. My lawyer made me say this. In fact as you all know we all discourage all forms of drug use, as our twisted lifes can testify. Yeah! But we encourage you to fuck like dogs. Safely! In your Smashing Pumpkins Zeitgeist Four-Twenty shirt. Now I’m about to give you a guitar demonstration…\"

I wonder how much this lawyer charges for these kinda advices… :shock: & :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Lol…Seems odd they would make a 420 shirt. Doesn’t it?

Arthur
      Spectator

Lol…Seems odd they would make a 420 shirt. Doesn’t it?[/quote:1sxro024]
      I don’t know, what is a 420 shirt anyway? I’m supposed to get pics of it anyday, as 1 of the contributors promised me, but till then… I don’t know!

i think they are just pumpkins t-shirts that mention \"420\", in reference to the many pot smokers in asheville.
      ([url:36y8vxc4]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_%28cannabis_culture%29[/url:36y8vxc4])

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Yeah, didn’t Bob Marley die on 4/20? It’s stupid really. You’re supposed to smoke at 4:20 AM and PM. If you’re a true stoner. Plus many times in between.

Arthur
      Spectator

i think they are just pumpkins t-shirts that mention "420", in reference to the many pot smokers in asheville.
      ([url:uh0gy2w6]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_%28cannabis_culture%29[/url:uh0gy2w6])[/quote:uh0gy2w6]
      Nice info, and it’s true actually. Billy mentions this smoking and weed things many times during the Asheville gigs, and he seems to be in a wondering kind of critical mood. I listened to many of his remarks and stage banter this weekend while setting up the setlists/tracklengths in the Tour/Recording History section, and it looks like he didn’t want to cause to much problems about it. He also mentioned somewhere in Asheville he is still single, so this "marriage" story of some Veronica is also untrue I think. Creating a hoax that girl? Think so. But I do believe Billy when he says he’s against drugs. And as I have not seen that 420 shirt yet (somebody on MySpace promised to send pics of it, but I believe it takes a while… thanks anyway on here for the 420 explanation!) I cannot tell if it’s just making fun about it, or a serious appeal to people to smoke pot.

Viewing 5 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.