Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

davidp2007
      Keymaster

after i watched that, i think the pumpkins are pretty much over after oceania. hopefully, they finish teargarden, but i got some weird \"this is it, folks\" vibes. you heard it hear first…

is this a new webisode? do you have a link?
      i remember seeing a couple before. (two gish songs and starla, if i’m not mistaken.)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

hmmm… that’s not working for me; youtube is acting weird.

i’ve watched it too now, but i don’t see anything in that video that would hint at the end of the pumpkins.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

no, it’s just a feeling i got. there is nothing in there that really gives anything away. it feels like the end though. explaining songs, finally providing official gish lyrics (how long did that take?), reissuing all your material (how many times can that be done?), last great album, moving on to new pursuits (tea club, book, wrestling). i feel a goodbye in a lot of these performances.

plus nicole has her own band and mike can go on to pursue drumming however he wants. jeff will have a phD soon. it makes sense to walk away. right now: destroy destroy destroy.

of course, i hope i’m completely wrong.

jupiter
      Spectator

i hope you’re wrong too
      :(

davidp2007
      Spectator

I don’t get that vibe at all to be honest. He’s being introspective about the songs because he has been revisiting them through the reissues. It gives people more of an insight then can be provided in the reissues themselves.

But I could be wrong, but the vibe is completely different then when I say read the Rolling Stone article around the time Machina came out, I got the distinct feeling like they were going to break up and I remember being kind of depressed after reading that article.

Viewing 6 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.