Viewing 63 reply threads
  • Author

Arthur
      Spectator

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Nice find! :shock:

I imagine it will be for sale elsewhere, but maybe just not yet. It’s still sorta early.

mr.benway
      Spectator

Is this the only place this will be for sale, or did anyone find other online stores mentioning this release?[/quote:3pafdr0h]

The "Teargarden By Kaleidyscope Vol. 1 | Songs for a Sailor" EP is listed at Amazon
      for € 45.99
      for £ 27.49

:shock:

amnesia
      Spectator

Why is everything so freakin expensive in Germany?

Collectspumpkins
      Spectator

I find it sad that we have to hear about this release from Amazon/Insound before the band can release any info on it officially on their own website. As I recall, weren’t these supposed to go on sale via the website first anyway? And weren’t these EPs supposed to be super limited?

I’ll still buy it, but I just wish the SP camp would get their shit together. Remember this is what Billy C said himself:

\"We will however sell highly limited edition EPs (of 4 songs each times 11), and details of how those EPs will be made available are still being worked out. Because the songs themselves will be free, the EPs will be more like collectors items for the discerning fan who will want the art itself, along with the highest possible audio quality available.\"

So $30 for basically 2 new songs on vinyl and a hand-carved \"leopard stone\" obelisk? And it isn’t even numbered!! Ugh. I wish I could be a part of planning a limited edition release. Lord knows I bought so many of the past 20+ years, I know what adds value and what doesn’t.

Yeah, it’s not really clear how limited this is. Maybe they’re waiting to see how many pre-orders there are before they decide on a number.
      I don’t care though. Limited just means they’ll only make a certain amount and then that’s it. Highly limited? Well, it’s all relative. I personally wasn’t expecting a release of only 500 numbered copies.

And I think the price is fair. You’re not just paying for two songs on vinyl. I think that’s a wrong way of thinking. You’re also getting the four free songs, but now on cd. That’s also worth something. And apparently, the cd also contains instrumentals. And it comes in a nice box. (I assume nobody cares about that obelisk, so let’s not add it to the calculation.)

I’m not pre-ordering yet though. I have my doubts about the April 20th release date.

Collectspumpkins
      Spectator

Yeah, it’s not really clear how limited this is. Maybe they’re waiting to see how many pre-orders there are before they decide on a number.
      I don’t care though. Limited just means they’ll only make a certain amount and then that’s it. Highly limited? Well, it’s all relative. I personally wasn’t expecting a release of only 500 numbered copies.

And I think the price is fair. You’re not just paying for two songs on vinyl. I think that’s a wrong way of thinking. You’re also getting the four free songs, but now on cd. That’s also worth something. And apparently, the cd also contains instrumentals. And it comes in a nice box. (I assume nobody cares about that obelisk, so let’s not add it to the calculation.)

I’m not pre-ordering yet though. I have my doubts about the April 20th release date.[/quote:1w0vkm05]

From a sales scan posted on Netphoria, it appears that only 10,000 will be made. Also, on the flyer/sales sheet. 99 boxes will have a "different" obelisk, so go figure. Of all the things to change. How about 99 boxes have the vinyl on red vinyl? Or 99 boxes have a poster/lithograph type art print.

lol @ the different obelisk. i can’t say i disagree with you there. why is it even there to begin with?

\"oh my god! an obelisk! just what i needed. i’ll get five. what? 99 box sets have a different obelisk? give me another 900 then.\"

blueczarina
      Spectator

special obelisk, huh. lol and that’s funny Bram. i agree. :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

It’s funny how many places call this release \"Teagarden\"… :wink:

But anyway, here’s my 2 cents. If you see all that \"limited edition\" releases out there, then this Smashing Pumpkins one is a little outstanding in a good way, just my humble opinion. I mean, which band can say they do 44 songs on 11 releases? Who does 4/6 of the songs for free in a pre-release? Who adds a funny little item like a \"hand-carved \"leopard stone\" obelisk, about 2\" tall, similar to marble\" to a music release?*

So yeah, I’m good with it for the moment. I’m only curious if there will many Made in <<whatevercountry>> releases, but I guess not. And if 99 out of 10,000 will have a different obelisk, well, I don’t care that much. Let the obelisk lovers be happy with that, I’m happy with the music. :wink:

*OK, let’s be honest, I recall such thing happened before. It’s not really that new that a not-really-music-related item is added to a music release. For example, my favourite band in the 1970’s (KISS) added a cardboard gun to their 1977 Love Gun album.

Arthur
      Spectator

Oh, and who pre-ordered it already, and where and why? Just curious…

Tion
      Spectator

i pre-ordered 2 copies from amazon germany…
      i think the prize is okay, the box looks nice. iam not paying for the songs, i really like the package :shock:
      must look great when you have 11 of these

Arthur
      Spectator

i pre-ordered 2 copies from amazon germany…
      i think the prize is okay, the box looks nice. iam not paying for the songs, i really like the package :shock:
      must look great when you have 11 of these[/quote:1lzptwl4]
      I fully agree, but why did you order there? It’s very expensive, compared to other online places! :shock:

I converted your hard work finding these sources for online pre-ordering into a little article on the homepage of http://www.SPfreaks.com . Thanks guys! You rock, as always! 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

By the way… New label for them Pumpkins? :shock:

http://www.myrocketscience.com/Clients/ … /index.php

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i ordered one off of amazon and one off of insound. i would have gone with cd universe for the 2nd, if i had waited a bit. could have saved a few dollars.

Arthur
      Spectator

The US flyer for this thingy gives some more info on how the obelisk looks, that there are 99 \"sparkly\" obelisks and that a world tour is to be expected this year. I’m still doubtful about how many of these boxes are produced and where… Both Amazon UK and Amazon Germany call it an \"Import\"… :roll:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

anyone think there might be some wmmm promo cd’s pressed for the radio stations? if so, i would like one please.

Arthur
      Spectator

anyone think there might be some wmmm promo cd’s pressed for the radio stations? if so, i would like one please.[/quote:3d2aoffd]
      Ditto… :wink:

My guess is, they will appear sooner or later. We see that flyer above already (picked it up from Netphoria), and I presume it goes with some more promo goodies including a promo cd. So far my sources cannot tell me anything…

Danni
      Spectator

Not buying. Those new songs just doesn’t cut it fo me. I’ll go back to my shell listening to Bury Me.

EAZYE121
      Spectator

Just go an email form amazon.com and it stated the release date is changed to June 8th.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Just go an email form amazon.com and it stated the release date is changed to June 8th.[/quote:3hymqv4m]

oh my! :shock:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

got one of those this morning too:

Estimated arrival date: May 28 2010 – June 02 2010

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

via studiodog (Kerry) on Twitter:

\"Pumpkins TBK EP release delayed. They made the obelisk 2 feet tall not 2 inches. IT WILL NOT FIT IN BOX! I will blog details this weekend.\"

Arthur
      Spectator

They made the obelisk 2 feet tall not 2 inches.[/quote:20un92n3]
      :lol: :lol: :lol: This cracked me up big times! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I imagined someone at the obelisk plant thinking "2 inches only? That does not meet Billy’s ego! Let’s upsize a little!") :lol:

Danni
      Spectator

Maybe the box then could fit in the obelisk.

blueczarina
      Spectator

i think they should just go with, especially since its $30. a larger obelisk could make up for the fact that you only get 4 songs for that price and one of them is Widow. :P

Arthur
      Spectator

you only get 4 songs for that price[/quote:320mgf3g]
      6, if you include the vinyl. And if you throw that supersized obelisk to someone’s head, you get song #7. :P

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

you only get 4 songs for that price[/quote:2soxd80g]
      6, if you include the vinyl. :P[/quote:2soxd80g]

You’re assuming that the 7" has 2 songs that are different that what is on the CD. I read the item description as 4 NEW songs on the CD and a NEW song on the 7" with a Bside. Meaning that we could end up with 1 if not 2 songs on the record that are already on the cd. And, to make things fun, there could be 2 sets of records. Record 1 could have song 1 and 2 and Record 2 could have song 3 and 4. That would make collecting awesome (insert sarcastic font). Everyone remembers all of the Zeitgeist colors!!!

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah, you’re kind of right, mirrorboxer, but blueczarina did not talk about new or old songs, just how many songs are in the release. And that’s 6. But you are absolutely right I think, the 4 songs on the CD are not that new, since they are previously released as MP3 (the only new thing is that they have been put on CD format) and the 2 songs on the vinyl… Could be overlapping previous releases too. And there could be several vinyl releases too, like you said! But we don’t know that, yet, though. I’m kind of curious what \"new\" song is on the vinyl, I’m hoping it is really a new song we did not hear before (in a studio version at least).

blueczarina
      Spectator

actually, mostly i was just talking smack about Widow :lol: :P

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

I’m kind of curious what "new" song is on the vinyl, I’m hoping it is really a new song we did not hear before (in a studio version at least).[/quote:9ek6d53w]

I’m anticipating (dreading) that we’ll get SS/WWMM and SiT/AP to "collect"
      I’m hoping that we get 2 songs not released before and not on the cd

some pumpkins
      Spectator

maybe we’ll get a cover. or maybe a song that’s been in the b-side pile for a while. or maybe he has a kick ass demo recording of one of the residency songs. you never know what billy may have in his back pocket.

but my money is on a cover song. lucifer sam?

yeah fucking right.

Arthur
      Spectator

lucifer sam?

yeah fucking right.[/quote:cogeeprc]
      A 68 minutes studio version of Gossamer, just my bet. So he holds the record of "most minutes pressed on a 7 inch"… :lol:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i think i currently hold the record for that. :P

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

32.99GBP??????????????????????

I’m very sad it has come to this. :(

Arthur
      Spectator

Where did you find that price, jawn?

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Arthur
      Spectator

Right. Includes shipment, but still…

That page gave me a sponsored link to Peta2, where \"Now lead singer Billy Corgan and former drummer Jimmy Chamberlin have shown compassion for chickens by signing our petition asking KFC to eliminate the worst abuses chickens suffer on the factory farms and in the slaughterhouses of KFC suppliers.\"

I guess they made up and are friends again. Awwww…. :lol:

https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?c … 3godgjJRDw

cappo
      Spectator

there’s a uk limited edition?
      I thought that this was usa only

[url:1fw821gd]http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=503098[/url:1fw821gd]

I thought that this was usa only

[url:1cafx146]http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=503098[/url:1cafx146][/quote:1cafx146]
      :arrow: that information might not be correct.

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Hahaha…….it says at the very end that the instrumental intros are ”in” the obelisk!

blueczarina
      Spectator

its a magic obelisk jawn, magic. :P

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

Oh.

I may buy this now. :wink:

blueczarina
      Spectator

you should :P

Arthur
      Spectator

I thought that this was usa only[/quote:31sfcz1j]
      **Strictly Limited to 500 Copies for the UK ONLY** <= that makes 9,500 remaining in the US I guess?

Anonymous
      Spectator

Better picture/s here on this eBay pre-order auction:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Smashing-Pumpkins … 5886e086e2

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

i think i currently hold the record for that. :P[/quote:3sm6c0ru]

nice avatar!

skinnier chino rules!

sorry to be off topic people.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

*tips hat*

Arthur
      Spectator

Nice. Someone going there?

\"Additionally, as part of the Record Store Day celebration, Rocket Science Ventures and Amoeba Records in Hollywood will present the Pumpkins’ fans with an opportunity to see an exclusive performance from the band. The first 250 fans who pre-order the Teargarden… EP on Saturday, April 17, will receive the limited edition black light poster as well as a wristband giving them entry into The Smashing Pumpkins performance from Amoeba and Urban Outfitters Space 15 Twenty later that day.\"

mr.benway
      Spectator

…and a poster for this gig ():

Arthur
      Spectator

…and a poster for this gig :)[/quote:33ximyl6]
      Nice find! I was on that website too, but only noticed the text down there, with the little tumbnail… :wink:

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

31.99GBP @ hmv.co.uk.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet … sku=350463

This is online only.Supposedly the list price is 40.99GBP. :shock:

Collectspumpkins
      Spectator

My local music store got the pre-order poster in today. I am going to head to the store after work and pick up a copy and post the image here on the site…I’ll keep you advised.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

thanks. 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

**Strictly Limited to 500 Copies for the UK ONLY** <= that makes 9,500 remaining in the US I guess?[/quote:1mmh74sg]
      The flyer says that there will be 10,000 copies made for the US. This means international copies aren’t included.

I’m not pre-ordering yet though. I have my doubts about the April 20th release date.[/quote:1mmh74sg]
      I was so right about this.
      Ha!, I guess.

EAZYE121
      Spectator

So I just got my box set today and noticed a mistake on the cd. The track listing is listed on the back as SFAS, SIT, AP, WWMM. When I play it on my PS3 the track titles come up as that same list, but when I listened, it plays WWMM 3rd and shows AP as the title. The same for the 4th track, shows WWMM and plays AP. WOW, for as long as it took this to come out, this is a mistake that should have been caught.

Is everyones the same?

marigold
      Spectator

^^ yes.

Also, the vinyl is warped and off-centre…. :?

About the first Teargarden EP for sale in Belgium:
      – I’ve seen the box in Fnac for €32.50. They have multiple copies.
      – I’ve also seen one copy in Saturn, for only €26.99. Not sure if they have more copies.

Anonymous
      Spectator

^^ yes.

Also, the vinyl is warped and off-centre…. :?[/quote:19wbfxnl]

mine has small indents randomly on it :?

^^ yes.

Also, the vinyl is warped and off-centre…. :?[/quote:21mc541g]

mine has small indents randomly on it :?[/quote:21mc541g]
      the indents were hand carved in the shadow of the incan ruins at machu piccu!

Arthur
      Spectator

the indents were hand carved in the shadow of the incan ruins at machu piccu![/quote:2il3ofof]
      :lol:

I have none such issues though, my box is fine (except for the tracklist being wrongly presented, as described before).

Viewing 63 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.