Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

The Light into Dark compilation was the Pumpkins first “real” (non-demo tape) release, back in 1989.
      http://spfreaks.com/item/light-into-dark-8/

In 2002, this compilation was re-released on cd.
      http://spfreaks.com/item/light-into-dark/

For those who are interested in this cd release, you can still buy this cd from the Halo Records website, here: http://lightintodark.com/prices-orderform.htm It still works.

The website is old, and the owner is busy with other things than the record label most of the time, so orders are only dealt with occasionally, but there are still brand new, sealed cds available at the original price. The only thing you need is a bit of patience, as it might take a couple of days or weeks before your cd is sent out.

From Barry Waterman, the label owner:
      “Shipping in the US is currently free.  That’s actually not generosity, but PayPal screwed up the link and until I get around to fixing everything that’s the way it will stay.  Canada and overseas still ship for the posted prices.”

Spag
      Spectator

Thanks for the tip!

pcorgan
      Spectator

Thanks!

Arthur
      Spectator

Nice quote from that website. 🙂

“We did a record release party for LID at Trito’s on May 4, 1989, with Poster Children headlining with The Smashing Pumpkins and Gold September. While I have not seen that date listed in the literature, I have documentation in the Images section. And the funny story? After a few hours sleep somewhere on someone’s floor, I drove back to Chicago the next morning and took Jimmy Chamberlin back with me. I have an extremely vivid memory of him telling me that he really loved the Pumpkins music but he was going to have to quit them soon to go full time with his other band – cover band JP and the Cats – because “they paid a lot more bread”. Fortunately for all of us he never did go through with that. And I saw in a recent Illinois Entertainer that JP and the Cats are still out there gigging away, so if Jimmy ever gets low on bread …”

zeroo
      Spectator

Spasibo.

zeroo
      Spectator

Спасибо(Spasibo) Thank you in russian,my native language.
      I just ordered.
      13 years after release of 13 years anniversary reissue…I hope it will be TOO LUCKY 13

zeroo
      Spectator

Today I received email from Barry Waterman.
      I asked if it’s one of the 1,000 reliased 13 years ago?
      Here is the answer:”Yes, this is the original CD re-release of Light Into Dark, and it is brand new and sealed.”

zeroo
      Spectator

I still have not received,somebody got it…

zeroo
      Spectator

So the seller incorrectly filled out the paperwork for customs.Had to get a refund.

zeroo
      Spectator

I ordered again after receiving a refund.CD was signed by my request and he wrote to me:
      “I would be happy to resend your autographed version to you tomorrow if you still want it, along with some extra materials from the original vinyl release in 1989.”
      <div>Barry Waterman</div>
      <div>Halo Records

P.S.I’ll let you know what kind of materials he would send to me.</div>

cool!
      and yes, let us know what extras you’ve received.

zeroo
      Spectator

That’s what I got in the mail today.

very nice!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

agreed.  wow!!

Sophie
      Spectator

Nice indeed!

What exactly is written on the jewel case? Just curious.

zeroo
      Spectator

To Eduard – A TRUE Smashing Pumpkins fan – Best always – (signature)

pcorgan
      Spectator

Great job,zeroo!!

Viewing 17 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.