Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Spectator

Does anyone own this cd? Is it a unique cd, or do you think more copies exist? (This one says "cd-reference".)

I’m looking for a lossless cd rip of this cd-r. If anyone would have a copy for sale, I’m also interested.[/quote:13manl8u]
      does anyone actually own this?
      or is this one of those cds that is up on spfreaks, but nobody has managed to track down?

am i correct in thinking that this would be the only known cd (or non-vinyl) source for the "rabbit in the moon’s melancholy & the infinite dub" remix?

EAZYE121
      Spectator

I own this cd. I was the one that supplied the scans.

cool!

could you also provide a lossless rip? i’m interested in the whole thing, but if that’s too much effort, my main interest is track 3.

EAZYE121
      Spectator

I’ll try and work on it this weekend. Let you know.

that’s great. thank you!

in the mean time, what’s everyone’s take on the other points i touched?

Also, have you noticed how next to track 5 (the radio edit), it says "for cd-single use only, at rabbit in the moon’s request"? What is meant by that? What other uses could they have considered, besides cd-single use? I’ve noticed this track is also available on several vinyl releases, so I guess that’s not what they meant.

And while we’re on the topic of TEITBITE remixes, I think this 3-track cd-r release should also have its title changed to "The End Is The Beginning Is The End (Remixes By Rabbit In The Moon & Hallucination)" – just like the 5-track cd-r: http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=168

And why is this cd-r listed as a UK release, but is the 5-track one that looks very, very similar, listed as a US release? Wouldn’t it make more sense if these came from the same place?[/quote:22hm6rnx]

am i correct in thinking that this would be the only known cd (or non-vinyl) source for the "rabbit in the moon’s melancholy & the infinite dub" remix?[/quote:22hm6rnx]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

in the mean time, what’s everyone’s take on the other points i touched?

Also, have you noticed how next to track 5 (the radio edit), it says "for cd-single use only, at rabbit in the moon’s request"? What is meant by that? What other uses could they have considered, besides cd-single use? I’ve noticed this track is also available on several vinyl releases, so I guess that’s not what they meant.

And while we’re on the topic of TEITBITE remixes, I think this 3-track cd-r release should also have its title changed to "The End Is The Beginning Is The End (Remixes By Rabbit In The Moon & Hallucination)" – just like the 5-track cd-r: http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=168

And why is this cd-r listed as a UK release, but is the 5-track one that looks very, very similar, listed as a US release? Wouldn’t it make more sense if these came from the same place?[/quote:2pbfpv73]

am i correct in thinking that this would be the only known cd (or non-vinyl) source for the "rabbit in the moon’s melancholy & the infinite dub" remix?[/quote:2pbfpv73][/quote:2pbfpv73]

so the "for cd-single use only, at rabbit in the moon’s request" means to me that RITM had the say of whether or not he wanted to use his mix and distribute it out. does he like it? is he proud of it enough to put it on a single? if he wants it on there, he needs to request it and we’ll include it.

as for UK vs US, it looks HIGHLY US to me. personal opinion.

until you hear that mix, it could just be a working title for a mix that is already out there. don’t know until eazye121 provides a rip.

that’s my take! :D

no, no, we already have a release of that remix on vinyl. same title and everything. there is no way that this isn’t what we think it is. http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=1909

this just seems to be the only cd source to me, but i’m not sure. i was just checking if maybe i had missed another cd release that also contained this remix.

so the "for cd-single use only, at rabbit in the moon’s request" means to me that RITM had the say of whether or not he wanted to use his mix and distribute it out. does he like it? is he proud of it enough to put it on a single? if he wants it on there, he needs to request it and we’ll include it.[/quote:2saj8g65]
      interesting. but i’m reading it differently.
      wouldn’t it have said "for cd-single use, at rabbit in the moon’s request only" or ""for cd-single use, only at rabbit in the moon’s request" if it meant what it means to you?
      i gave it some more thought, and the way i read it, is that ritm requested that this was only to be used for the cd-single. so if there ever was a vinyl single, this should not be included. or if they were ever looking for teitbite remixes for a compilation cd, this remix shouldn’t be used. cd-single only. at the request of the artist.
      does that make sense?

and i’m going to assume that this 5-track promo cd-r is indeed the only known cd source of this remix. until i heard of this cd, i thought this track was vinyl-only.

and agreed on the other point. i also think both cds are US releases. it seems most likely.
      the \"made in UK\" sticker is a bit weird, of course. but there’s no reason to believe this cd ever left the US before being sold at amoeba.
      maybe they (amoeba) added this sticker to every cd they couldn’t find in their database of US releases? or, as i suggested before, it was a way to make it look less like a promo (not for resale), and more like an import.

This one: http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=3065

And while we’re on the topic of TEITBITE remixes, I think this 3-track cd-r release should also have its title changed to "The End Is The Beginning Is The End (Remixes By Rabbit In The Moon & Hallucination)" – just like the 5-track cd-r: http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=168[/quote:2g4b6us0]
      also, a bump for this title improvement request.

could you also provide a lossless rip? i’m interested in the whole thing, but if that’s too much effort, my main interest is track 3.[/quote:1z0syxyk]

I’ll try and work on it this weekend. Let you know.[/quote:1z0syxyk]
      will you not forget this? thanks!
      not that there’s any hurry. whenever suits you is fine.

Sven
      Spectator

so the "for cd-single use only, at rabbit in the moon’s request" means to me that RITM had the say of whether or not he wanted to use his mix and distribute it out. does he like it? is he proud of it enough to put it on a single? if he wants it on there, he needs to request it and we’ll include it.[/quote:117p2c6c]
      wouldn’t it have said "for cd-single use, at rabbit in the moon’s request only" or ""for cd-single use, only at rabbit in the moon’s request" if it meant what it means to you?
      i gave it some more thought, and the way i read it, is that ritm requested that this was only to be used for the cd-single. so if there ever was a vinyl single, this should not be included. or if they were ever looking for teitbite remixes for a compilation cd, this remix shouldn’t be used. cd-single only. at the request of the artist.
      does that make sense?

and i’m going to assume that this 5-track promo cd-r is indeed the only known cd source of this remix. until i heard of this cd, i thought this track was vinyl-only.[/quote:117p2c6c]

i am with you CAIC as per the reading of the "cd-r only" request.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

so the "for cd-single use only, at rabbit in the moon’s request" means to me that RITM had the say of whether or not he wanted to use his mix and distribute it out. does he like it? is he proud of it enough to put it on a single? if he wants it on there, he needs to request it and we’ll include it.[/quote:35elbjeh]
      does that make sense?

and i’m going to assume that this 5-track promo cd-r is indeed the only known cd source of this remix. until i heard of this cd, i thought this track was vinyl-only.[/quote:35elbjeh]

i am with you CAIC as per the reading of the "cd-r only" request.[/quote:35elbjeh]

yep, makes sense.

Viewing 14 reply threads

The forum ‘Trading Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.