Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author

Arthur
      Spectator

More and more people put links to the SPfreaks Collection items on their eBay auctions, which we happily support of course. This is however the first time we are being called \"one of the most reputable Smashing Pumpkins site on the web\". 8)

Check it out you Sales Award collectors, this is indeed a stunning item! Within the first day online it already reached US$ 700…

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … :IT&ih=016

Arthur
      Spectator

I contacted the seller to thank him for the kind words for SPfreaks, and wished him luck on the sale (which I presumed he was forced to with bleeding heart). This is his response.

\"thank you very much and yes it really sucks selling it. My son even came to me yesterday and said that I could hang it in his room if I wanted. It was very cute. Its for the better good and the music is all that really matters. I can’t wait to see them in November. thanks again

– fallingflower\"

aww… that really sucks he’s got to sell it :(

pretty cool that this site is getting definite recognition. give it time and it’ll be up there with thepumpkins.net, spfc, and all those other ones we all love :)

p.s: how would someone have obtained one of these awards originally? im curious…

Arthur
      Spectator

p.s: how would someone have obtained one of these awards originally? im curious…[/quote:acftvr72]
      I checked a few names on some sales awards and found Karen Glauber (MCIS 8M award) and Jerry Brackenridge (MICS 8M and TAFH awards). A short google learned Karen Glauber is mentioned as President of HITS Magazine and somewhere else as Music Consultant and Executive Producer. Jerry also received sales awards for Freddie Jackson sales and George Thorogood & The Destroyers sales. To be honest, I have no idea what the link of both persons to the Smashing Pumpkins is, but they are definately music industry people…

Arthur
      Spectator

pretty cool that this site is getting definite recognition.[/quote:34r2o880]
      Talking about that… I do get lots of emails every week, and almost all of them are positive luckily. But this just came in today…

"I checked once in a while your website, your website is definitely #1 tributed to SP."

That’s quite something isn’t it… Can somebody pull me from Cloud Nine please… 8)

Arthur
      Spectator

Though it reached a pretty nice 455 US$ at the end of the auction (due to withdrawn bids, as it reached 710 US$ before), it was relisted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 0176228260

Arthur
      Spectator

i saw that on ebay and wanted to bid, but alas not enough money. hopefull something that cool will come up again when i have the money for it.

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah I can understand. I got 2 of them awards and they are so awesome, I’m very proud of them.

lucky!!!!

Yeah I can understand. I got 2 of them awards and they are so awesome, I’m very proud of them.[/quote:a83lelft]

…2?

Why?

i bet cause there super cool.

am i right, do i win a prize, like an award maybe?????? :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

2 different SP awards. :P

darn i did not have the right answer, well maybe next time. :P

I thought as much :lol:

On a side-note (but you reminded me) – is the \"Hot 16\" list on the main page a way of describing the holy grails of pumpkins collectibles, or a way for you, Arthur, of bragging and saying \"Oh lookie at what i’ve got and you can’t!\" :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

darn i did not have the right answer, well maybe next time. :P[/quote:3c09rw45]
      Show off-topic, page 1, first post. Nice huh… 8)

i think he is just bragging….jk :D

but that is some cool stuff.

darn i did not have the right answer, well maybe next time. :P[/quote:bd86eqxy]
      Show off-topic, page 1, first post. Nice huh… 8)[/quote:bd86eqxy]

such a show off :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

On a side-note (but you reminded me) – is the "Hot 16" list on the main page a way of describing the holy grails of pumpkins collectibles, or a way for you, Arthur, of bragging and saying "Oh lookie at what i’ve got and you can’t!" :lol:[/quote:1y5bsrie]
      Hahaha funny you get back to that section. But yeah except for Mashed Potatoes I do own all of that. But that section was not meant for bragging. It was a section Thom and me created in 2003 or 2004, just to show the rarest items when it comes to Smashing Pumpkins. Highlight them a bit. So I put my stuffs in there, and Thom never did, instead he went to the US and I never heard from him again. Then I forgot about that section… A while back the US webmaster started a topic here to have that section freshened up, but nobody responded… :roll:

Viewing 18 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.