Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Collectspumpkins
      Spectator

Hi guys,

I was asked by Bram a little over a year ago to update the price guide that I had placed on Blamo several years ago. I agreed, but life got in the way.

Anyway, I have some free time now and would like to see/gauge any interest in a new price guide.
      I know that there are already prices listed and a \"top 16 hot items\", so I don’t want to duplicate efforts. However, I do think that if you were to compile the price guide that UK Record Collector did, with the items we know about and current Ebay selling prices, you could get to a pretty accurate idea of what to expect for items you own and may sell in the future or items you are looking to acquire.

Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there and see what others thought before I really dove into this.

Thanks,

Shawn Turner
      Collectspumpkins
      http://www.geocities.com/collectspumpkins/index.htm (needs to be updated, I know)

Arthur
      Spectator

Hey Shawn! Welcome! Good to see you around again! 8)

I’m still game for this update, but what does mayonaise say (she handles the SPfreaks.com price guide)?

Mayo to thread! Mayo to thread! :lol:

amnesia
      Spectator

Hello Shawn, first of all, welcome here. :wink:
      I normally take care of the prices here, but there are still many many many things i have no idea what is really worth, not only that, also there is a few adjustments there needs to be done as well.Anyway i would be very happy working together with you if that is a possibility, you might know prices on items that i dont know about and to be honest there are plenty i dont know about, so would be nice with some help there.Well there is just this tiny problem, the tools we are using for the database is not working proper yet i think, or does it…Arthur/Manilla???.
      That we need to sort out first and then you and i can sit down and look at things.Is that ok ? :wink:

Collectspumpkins
      Spectator

I am flexible. So whatever you want to do, let me know. You can PM me or e-mail me directly (PM for e-mail).

I’ll start working up a temporary list, basically updating the Blamo one I created and adding to it.

The thing to remember is that all values are conjecture, in that an item is only truly worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. However, there should be a good baseline to use that should withstand the downturn in the World Economy.

Regards,

Shawn

manillascissor
      Keymaster

However, there should be a good baseline to use that should withstand the downturn in the World Economy.
      [/quote:14mwesdy]

I was hoping the new price guide would reflect the current downturn as well. Glad to see that is incorporated.

Some items are selling far cheaper these days.

tiny
      Spectator

I am keen as mustard to see a new list generated, I have a hard copy of the old list and found it invaluable both as a price guide and discography.

:D

Viewing 5 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.