Viewing 40 reply threads
  • Author

manillascissor
      Spectator

I was wondering what the different releases of the Pisces Iscariot reissue were.

I’ve already found that there’s a EU release of the standard cd, the deluxe edition box set, and of the vinyl record too.

Now I’m mainly wondering where else this box set has been produced. Is it EU only? Is there also a Mexican one (like the previous reissue box sets)? Has it been pressed in other countries?
      Has anyone in the US or Canada already received or found a copy of the box set? What does it look like?

But confirmations about other releases of the reissue (standard cds and releases on vinyl) are welcome too.

US release of the box set confirmed by two people on sp.com.
      would that be it for the box sets; US + EU? i’d think so.

Arthur
      Spectator

Is there also a Mexican one (like the previous reissue box sets)?[/quote:1xvo2ncz]
      Excuse me? What did I miss? Why isn’t that on SPfreaks.com (and in my collection too)? :shock:

all US releases of the gish and siamese dream reissues, including the worldwide releases of the deluxe edition box sets were pressed in mexico.
      and don’t worry, it is on spfreaks.com. for example: http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … &item=3574

check out the little sticker on the back cover insert: \"packaged in usa, disc(s) mexico\"
      http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … item=12319

someone gave me the ifpi codes of the US pisces iscariot deluxe edition, and this time, the cds were pressed in the usa.

Arthur
      Spectator

Ah yes, oops, missed that info. Lately it turned out that Derek did most uploads of albums send in by email. :wink:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah, i’m holding the US boxset right now. once again, from topspin, they slapped a unique barcode over the other barcode. i’m curious if the US pressing has all these flaws everyone has been bitching about?

Arthur
      Spectator

What flaws?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

something about the bonus disc being too loud, certain tracks fade in and out of other ones, pops and glitches in certain songs. you know, the standard stuff…

Arthur
      Spectator

I will check that when it arrives.

yeah, i’m holding the US boxset right now. once again, from topspin, they slapped a unique barcode over the other barcode. i’m curious if the US pressing has all these flaws everyone has been bitching about?[/quote:12tk9k0f]

When ordered online through Top Spin Media, a unique barcode was created to track the release. The US edition of this release is slightly different than its EU counterpart, as the first disc is orange (instead of blue). The word ‘one’ does not appear on the first disc, and the release codes do not match (sleeve to CD).[/quote:12tk9k0f]
      i don’t think these barcodes added by different companies are relevant.

when i bought my copies of the pisces reissue at this big chain of music-dvd-electronics stores, they had also added their own barcode. when you buy stuff off eil.com, it will also have an eil.com barcode, used to process things internally. it’s what happens. but in my opinion, it’s not really related to the release itself, and none of these barcodes, unique or not, are relevant to the spfreaks collection.

about the different cd in the US box set: do you think they quickly fixed the plume problem and replaced the first disc? or what would have happened?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah, i’m holding the US boxset right now. once again, from topspin, they slapped a unique barcode over the other barcode. i’m curious if the US pressing has all these flaws everyone has been bitching about?[/quote:1lykfg6g]

When ordered online through Top Spin Media, a unique barcode was created to track the release. The US edition of this release is slightly different than its EU counterpart, as the first disc is orange (instead of blue). The word ‘one’ does not appear on the first disc, and the release codes do not match (sleeve to CD).[/quote:1lykfg6g]
      i don’t think these barcodes added by different companies are relevant.

when i bought my copies of the pisces reissue at this big chain of music-dvd-electronics stores, they had also added their own barcode. when you buy stuff off eil.com, it will also have an eil.com barcode, used to process things internally. it’s what happens. but in my opinion, it’s not really related to the release itself, and none of these barcodes, unique or not, are relevant to the spfreaks collection.

about the different cd in the US box set: do you think they quickly fixed the plume problem and replaced the first disc? or what would have happened?[/quote:1lykfg6g]

you are right bram. i agree, i’ve purchased many items from eil, i know the deal. i just see it a little different, as topspin is the official outlet that the band chose to utilize for distribution of this particular product. in this capacity, it seems more relevant to me. if amazon had their own barcode, i’d list that as well. basically, it’s too much information, maybe a little over the top. but, if you personally think it irrelevant, just ignore it. no? it’s there for reference, that’s all.

as for the quick fix idea, no, there was no time for that. (my own opinion: i don’t think anyone was aware of this problem until we all got the EU copies and starting to dig in). i haven’t listened to the US bonus disc yet, as i’m currently watching the DVD. amazing footage here. completely mindblowing.

good theory though bram, but i just don’t know the answer. i just see it as another fuck up, honestly.

but, if you personally think it irrelevant, just ignore it. no?[/quote:2nkjgnwo]
      of course.

as for the quick fix idea, no, there was no time for that. (my own opinion: i don’t think anyone was aware of this problem until we all got the EU copies and starting to dig in). i haven’t listened to the US bonus disc yet, as i’m currently watching the DVD. amazing footage here. completely mindblowing.

good theory though bram, but i just don’t know the answer. i just see it as another fuck up, honestly.[/quote:2nkjgnwo]
      i also think there wasn’t enough time to make a new disc 1.
      very weird they messed up the artwork though.

i also went straight to the dvd. :) 8) nothing and everything!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

:lol:

as for why there are EU and US pressings of this boxset, what does that suggest to you? to me, it suggests the first two reissues did well enough to warrant this. not to mention the extra EU vinyl (is there one for pisces? maybe i’m only thinking of oceania). i guess EMI got what they wanted in the end, and with pisces, decided to mass produce just a tad more because the demand/interest/money was there.

the first releases were a shot in the dark. i.e. pressed in MX.

but, i do find it a little strange that after visiting best buy today, no box set, no standard US CD. dunno, maybe they were sold out, but i honestly can’t see that being the case. i went in weeks after the release of gish/siamese dream and everything was just sitting there. same thing today, just, no pisces.

i’m also curious if this cassette was exclusive to SPRC or if it is contained in the standard US release. it’s probably in all the deluxe editions, but it was not presented clearly. with this release, the only reason i bought through topspin was so i wouldn’t miss out on the cassette. (which i already had anyway) ;)

i was thinking the same thing: there now is an EU pressing because the previous reissues did well enough.
      and yes, there’s a european vinyl release of pisces too.

weird that you can’t find it in shops in the US. another mess up? (they messed up the availability.)
      or do you think there’s something seriously wrong that they want to fix, and they recalled all cds where possible?

the cassette is available in all deluxe editions. (this was never unclear to me.)

manillascissor
      Keymaster

and yes, there’s a european vinyl release of pisces too.[/quote:26qe4vzj]

goddamn it.

weird that you can’t find it in shops in the US. another mess up? (they messed up the availability.)
      or do you think there’s something seriously wrong that they want to fix, and they recalled all cds where possible?[/quote:26qe4vzj]

no fucking clue. i’ll keep looking. or maybe just go online.

marigold
      Spectator

I was wondering what the different releases of the Pisces Iscariot reissue were.

I’ve already found that there’s a EU release of the standard cd, the deluxe edition box set, and of the vinyl record too.

[/quote:xl3ftre7]

EU vinyl is here too. No box sets to be found in store though, only online :?

has a US pressing of the vinyl been confirmed?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

has a US pressing of the vinyl been confirmed?[/quote:3npcv3pe]

good question. i don’t know.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

has a US pressing of the vinyl been confirmed?[/quote:69hx7urg]

i *think* yes, as i ordered one from canada. same seller that sold the reissues for gish and siamese dream, and they were US versions.

i also ordered the standard US release through bestbuy.com, however, in the store. odd.

EAZYE121
      Spectator

I purchased a vinyl copy and yes it was pressed in the US. I also got a regular issue CD that is stamped promotional and a hole punched in the barcode.

marigold
      Spectator

Pisces Iscariot Australia 2012 reissue CD is here

also Gish Australia reissue CD which is already in the collection. Which I can see is wanted by someone ;)

Arthur
      Spectator

I purchased a vinyl copy and yes it was pressed in the US. I also got a regular issue CD that is stamped promotional and a hole punched in the barcode.[/quote:3bm174wh]
      Are you willing to send in scans of that promo cd to our Contact address (see link top right)?

Arthur
      Spectator

also Gish Australia reissue CD which is already in the collection. Which I can see is wanted by someone ;)[/quote:24pmrpek]
      :) together with Oceania and Siamese Dream I am still looking for a few Australian releases yes… Hope you can help me out on those someday? :)

marigold
      Spectator

also Gish Australia reissue CD which is already in the collection. Which I can see is wanted by someone ;)[/quote:1sc2kfpm]
      :) together with Oceania and Siamese Dream I am still looking for a few Australian releases yes… Hope you can help me out on those someday? :)[/quote:1sc2kfpm]

Oceania CD, Pisces and Gish reissue CDs I can get, but the Siamese Dream reissue CD at the same store was made in the EU. :? There’s bound to be a made in AU one somewhere though!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

well, there appeared a JP deluxe box for pisces on eBay for a sizeable amount of money, but i splurged and bought it. it comes with what the seller calls an \"obi sticker\". makes no sense, a sticker is a sticker, not an obi. but it’s pressed in japan with the TOCP code. cool! same seller is offering the standard JP release as well, so count that too!

Arthur
      Spectator

The sticker is pressed in Japan, the box is US import, as far as I know. At least it was not manufactured in Japan, that is what my source told me yesterday. I compare it with the EU pressing of Oceania with a French sticker. Always cool, but no reason to pay big bucks. So I had put it at the lower end of my wish list.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

well, the auction description said made in japan with japan liner notes? dunno, guess we’ll see.

Arthur
      Spectator

This is what I heard when I asked about the Japanese Pisces Iscariot reissue.

The standard CD is Japanese, the box set is not (it says on the sticker on the front ‘imported contents’). However even promo issues of boxes like this will have the promo sticker INSIDE the shrinkwrap – there is usually an extra layer of shrinkwrap, to hold the Japanese booklet in place, and the sticker is added at the same time as the booklet – before the item is sealed.[/quote:1oji413e]
      A promo deluxe box for Pisces Iscariot is not found anywhere (yet), not by me anyway! :lol:

Do you have a pic to show of the Japanese box?

EAZYE121
      Spectator

Here is a picture of the PI US Promo CD. I will send an email with higher quality scans .

manillascissor
      Keymaster

thanks for the scans. can you please provide the matrix codes? you can send here: thespfreaksteam@gmail.com. thanks!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Do you have a pic to show of the Japanese box?[/quote:2dt2umlp]

Arthur
      Spectator

:lol: So you know Eiki too, huh! :lol:

But if you bought it from him, then either his auction information was not right, or he corrected it later to me when I asked him about the Pisces Iscariot box from Japan. He (also, like my other source I just quoted) mentioned to me that it was not a Japanese product:

Hello again Artur,
      I am sorry I can not inform you the certain things,
      because no bar code and no any information about the product place on the case and sticker,
      Anyway it is NOT japan products.
      Thank you,
      eiki[/quote:3sc9pa2p]
      The Japanese booklet is probably at the back, or inside the box. But this is definately not an obi*, and calling it an obi sticker makes not much sense! :lol:

* (from wikipedia) \"The term is also used for a strip that is looped over one side (usually on the left) or folded over the top of LP albums released in Japan, and folded over the left side of music CDs, video games, Laserdiscs, or DVDs. This is also called tasuki. Obi are unique to Japan** and are used to provide the title of the product, track listings (if applicable), price, catalog number and information on related releases in Japanese. It is used by the consumer to determine what is included in the album or book, and the store can use the information for ordering. Obi are sometimes used on boxes for collectible toys and figures. Products with an obi have become popular with some collectors, as products with the obi intact can fetch premium prices, and are collectible items in their own right. A record or CD with an intact obi is worth more than the same item without.\"

** not true, I think. :evil:

Really nice article about obi strips here:

http://www.minilps.net/mini-lp-replicas … obi-strip/

marigold
      Spectator

* (from wikipedia) "The term is also used for a strip that is looped over one side (usually on the left) or folded over the top of LP albums released in Japan, and folded over the left side of music CDs, video games, Laserdiscs, or DVDs. This is also called tasuki. Obi are unique to Japan** and are used to provide the title of the product, track listings (if applicable), price, catalog number and information on related releases in Japanese. It is used by the consumer to determine what is included in the album or book, and the store can use the information for ordering. Obi are sometimes used on boxes for collectible toys and figures. Products with an obi have become popular with some collectors, as products with the obi intact can fetch premium prices, and are collectible items in their own right. A record or CD with an intact obi is worth more than the same item without."

** not true, I think. :evil:

Really nice article about obi strips here:

http://www.minilps.net/mini-lp-replicas … obi-strip/[/quote:31rq4d04]

Of course Japan has the coolest stuff.
      Is there enough info around for an article on obi’s found on the SP releases in Japan?

marigold
      Spectator

well, there appeared a JP deluxe box for pisces on eBay for a sizeable amount of money, but i splurged and bought it. it comes with what the seller calls an "obi sticker". makes no sense, a sticker is a sticker, not an obi. but it’s pressed in japan with the TOCP code. cool! same seller is offering the standard JP release as well, so count that too![/quote:2ms2ifqx]

Obi-sticker:
      http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=185797

This is still just a sticker with Japanese script on it, and the description doesn’t say anything about it, but perhaps they mean that it has the info that an obi strip would normally have?

Sven
      Spectator

I purchased a vinyl copy and yes it was pressed in the US. I also got a regular issue CD that is stamped promotional and a hole punched in the barcode.[/quote:1cgkln0u]

was it or was the sleeve made in the USA? can you check the matrix codes? just curious :)

EAZYE121
      Spectator

Ok, so the matrix/release code on the PI vinyl is: 5099946425416. It also has the FBI Anti-Piracy Warning on the back.

The PI Promo cd matrix code is: DIDX-813378 1 IFPI 1329.

Hope this helps.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

The PI Promo cd matrix code is: DIDX-813378 1 IFPI 1329.

Hope this helps.[/quote:qy3hjgx2]

Are you sure it is a 1329 and not an L329?

EAZYE121
      Spectator

It very well could be an \"L\", there is a plastic ring that goes right through the code.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Taiwan

Viewing 40 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.