Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Arthur
      Spectator

Why are these listed in the official CD section on this site?

Where is the evidence these are legitimate releases?

I have been collecting for over 15 years and I saw my first Lull Israel promo the other day, how come It took almost 20 years for one of these to be listed on ebay!

I going to buy some pumpkins CD singles and print my own stickers and sell them as promos from my country, will these then get listed as official releases? Hopefully, I will get lots of money for them! :?
      I also collect other bands and amazingly all of a sudden some of these UK/US pressed singles from over 15 years ago are being marketed as Israel promos.

Sorry if I am upseting anyone but I do not see how these can be legitimate, and listing them as offical on your site does no favours to the integrity of the accuracy of your discography.

If you think they are interesting for their stickers list them under stickers because that is all they are, otherwise I can print you some more stickers! LOL

This makes me angry beacuse listing them here helps to maintain interest in these and the person who sells these a few easy dollars. :evil:

manillascissor
      Keymaster

agreed. i don’t see what makes these official besides an arabic sticker. which anyone could falsely do. this is like the only country i DON’T collect from.

i don’t know man. let’s see what arthur has to say.

what about other stickered singles? is it worth adding them to the collection?

i’m thinking about a couple of uk promos. they’re identical to the commercially released singles, but they have a little sticker that says \"not for sale\" or \"promo\", and that’s it.
      i think they’re legit, so they deserve a place in the collection. maybe we should mention that the stickered promo is identical to the normal release, apart from the promo sticker. just to make that very clear.

on the other hand, anyone can add a sticker like that on a single. which is why i’m personally not that interested in these kind of promos.

example of the type of stickers i’m talking about:
      http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … S&item=161
      http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … S&item=160

Arthur
      Spectator

I think this is a non-issue, really. I’m absolutely sure they are genuine, based on the source where I bought like 80% of my Israeli promos from. For fun, and for historical/completist reasons I collect them. If for whatever reason someone doesn’t like them, or don’t want to collect them, fine with me anytime. I’m not pushing them through anyone’s throat. I do file them seperately in the collection, for the moment under the genuine releases. All HUT stickers can be made manually also. Still they are not flooding the market, nor do the Israeli stickers.

agreed.

Arthur
      Spectator

how come It took almost 20 years for one of these to be listed on ebay![/quote:bb0aev8s]
      We know the Israeli promos already for a few years now, but you are absolutely right, it took very long. My Israeli source told me the reason for the late entry on the market, but to be honest, I can’t remember it exactly anymore. I think it had either to do with eBay not being available in Israel for many years, or internet as a whole only being available in Israel since a few years only.

Next to that, I did a little research back then, when we get to know the Israel promos for the first time. And it turned out that all promo cds for any band from that country look the same, sticker-wise. For me that is a second "proof" that they are genuine. Think of this: why create such promos on grand scale, if the risk of being catched is multiplied by the number of bands that are being counterfeited?

Here’s an example from another band, a very recent release of Muse:

Viewing 5 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.