Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Cool As Ice Cream
      Spectator

this cd: http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … ILS&item=6

who owns it? can you check what number is on your cd?

and do we know where the scans on spfreaks.com came from?

it’s just that the number on my cd is also 00362, which i find a bit weird. and i don’t remember making scans for spfreaks.com. i can’t remember where i bought my copy, but it seems quite unlikely that i bought the copy that was already up on spfreaks.com.

Arthur
      Spectator

Haha, the scans and the rest of the info are from my copy. Turns out that the number 00362 is most probably pressed on all the cds. And that might make this thingy a bootleg, maybe?

and you still own that copy?

i don’t think this necessarily makes it a bootleg. it could just mean that instead of numbering each cd of this \"limited\" release individually, they faked the numbers, by putting the same number on each cd.

it could also mean that someone scanned his copy and made a couple of extra copies (fakes), now all with the same number. but i find this less likely: although this cd is fairly hard to find, i don’t think there’s a lot to be made in making fake copies of it.

does anyone own this release with a different number on the cd?

Arthur
      Spectator

and you still own that copy?[/quote:sxhcmp10]
      Yes. And indeed, it doesn’t make much sense to bootleg this CD. Instead, it would have been quite costly to individually number 10,000 CDs, that’s why they sticked to one number only and pressed that on all CDs, I guess.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

my copy has the exact same number on it. i wouldn’t call this a bootleg, it’s a radio station compilation of in-house recordings probably pressed by the radio station itself. i know it’s a fine line, but i guess that’s my interpretation.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

my copy has the exact same number on it. i wouldn’t call this a bootleg, it’s a radio station compilation of in-house recordings probably pressed by the radio station itself. i know it’s a fine line, but i guess that’s my interpretation.

i don’t think they actually pressed 10,000 of these. my guess is that this cd is rarer than that.

Can the spfreaks entry be updated with this information (that all copies seem to have the same number on them)?
      http://www.spfreaks.com/default.aspx?pa … ILS&item=6

Arthur
      Spectator

Good idea, done. Since the cd contains an IFPI code, it is not likely this is a boot, I just realized.

Excellent. Thanks.

Viewing 9 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.