Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Cool As Ice Cream
      Spectator

Today 07-07-07 (the coolest date you can think of huh) I received Zeitgeist, the so-called limited yellow version from Amazon Germany, with bonustrack Death From Above. The upload of the pics can be found here:

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=1631

Let me briefly review this nice piece of work for you, but also I have some questions at the end.

1. Doomsday Clock 3:41
      Most of you probably know this song already. Rocks pretty good, cool opener.

2. 7 Shades Of Black 3:15
      Rocks also, flows nicely after Doomsday Clock.

3. Bleeding The Orchid 3:58
      Personally this is 1 of my favourites. Great whining guitar.

4. That’s The Way (My Love Is) 3:44
      Nice catchy song. Really this CD is not boring!

5. Tarantula 3:47
      As we all know this song already, my opinion doesn’t matter anymore. I like it very much anyway.

6. Starz 3:41
      From what I heard live (Pinkpop 2007, Rock Am Ring stream) this song was not bad. From CD: same opinion.

7. United States 9:50
      My favourite Zeitgeist track. I’m pulled into the threatening, roaring guitars from the beginning. Pretty cool musical trip.

8. Neverlost 4:13
      Listened to it a few times, before it fell in. Nice song anyway.

9. Death From Above 4:06
      Bonustrack of the yellow (brown is more appropriate to my humble opinion, see questions). Some might consider this a filler, but after a few times listening, this track catched me anyway. Will never forget the YouTube fanmade video I saw on the Pumpkins homepage when I listen to this!

10. Bring The Light 3:35
      And it rocks on… really this CD is not boring! (yes again :P)

11. (Come On) Let’s Go! 3:15
      Nice rocking track with some hit-potention I guess.

12. For God And Country 4:51
      Prepare for a surprise when you listen to this song. We all know the \"unplugged\" version live, but the studio version has some nice piano and it takes you into a musical trip pretty good.

13. Pomp And Circumstance 4:18
      Not bad, but you have to be in the mood to like this. I’m not so much in a Xmas mood I presume.

In general the CD is a pretty cool piece of work. Every Smashing Pumpkins fan should have it, and I’m sure most of you will appreciate this new work. For those old fans it might certainly not blow away Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness, but I expect sales like Adore or even a bit more…

OK, I hope you’re with me still, because I have some questions about this release, and I might post more when I receive other versions of Zeitgeist.

1. I’m confused by the sticker on front. Best Buy Exclusive? Send by Amazon.de? Who has the Best Buy version to compare?
      2. Who’s with me to call this \"brownish\" instead of \"yellow\"?
      3. What should be the releasedate, the shipping date of 05-07-07 (email confirmation by Amazon), or the date of receipt, which is 07-07-07 in the EU (but in Germany itself it is 06-07-07 for sure). I took 06-07-07 as releasedate, who disagrees and why?

So far. Thanks for your answers!

death from above is not an ‘exclusive’ to the yelllow/brown version, or whichever version has it on – it’s also the b-side to the tarantula single. i think, though, that the single may be an england only one? i haven’t heard anyone outside of england talk about it… sooo

Arthur
      Spectator

Yup you’re right about the single I guess, UK only. But that Best Buy (which is supposed to have their own limited/exclusive release I believe) version bothers me, as the sticker is on the Amazon CD. I confuses me… :? Are you buying any Zeitgeists yourself so we can compare? Thanks for your help.

of course i m getting one! i’m gonna try and get the special edition, but i may end up just getting the green slipcase edition from hmv. hah, it all depends on what my mum does (im in school when it’s released, so my mum’s gonna go and get it for me… fuck i’m only 15!)
      the best buy sticker may just have been a mistake – added where-ever they’re all being printed, and put on accidentally. possibly.

Arthur
      Spectator

of course i m getting one! i’m gonna try and get the special edition, but i may end up just getting the green slipcase edition from hmv. hah, it all depends on what my mum does (im in school when it’s released, so my mum’s gonna go and get it for me… fuck i’m only 15!)
      the best buy sticker may just have been a mistake – added where-ever they’re all being printed, and put on accidentally. possibly.[/quote:2zoxsqdt]
      You could be right about the sticker indeed, let’s wait for somebody to send in the Best Buy version. Could you scan your hmv version (front, back, cd) and send it to our website? Email to @spfreaks.com">spf-contact@spfreaks.com then.

I’ll make sure, when it’s a different version (which I believe it is), it will get it’s own upload and your name in the Hall Of Fame, our contributors section. Would be great.

i’ve seen a list of all versions and singles on thepumpkins.net

oh cool will do :)
      btw, check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist_ … s_album%29
      it has all the covers for all 9 (now – was 8, but now 9 :shock: ) versions, and extras for each. but its only got the covers, not the backs etc.
      so i will get the full scans for you in a couple of days :)

Arthur
      Spectator

oh cool will do :)
      btw, check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist_ … s_album%29
      it has all the covers for all 9 (now – was 8, but now 9 :shock: ) versions, and extras for each. but its only got the covers, not the backs etc.
      so i will get the full scans for you in a couple of days :)[/quote:2ex2mfro]
      Great! You better watch out, I might want to hire you as a SPfreaks researcher! That wikipedia link provides pretty comprehensive information, I had not seen it before.

haha all my information comes from wikipedia, the pumpkins official site, and whatever happens to be in kerrang! :P
      thanks, i guess i may have to watch out :)
      btw, would you like full scans from tarantula?

Arthur
      Spectator

btw, would you like full scans from tarantula?[/quote:h2tdsveh]
      Yeah please! Could you create a new post here for all Tarantula versions wanted (scans, info etc?) and keep an eye on that one? Then you’re hired! :lol:

toad32r
      Spectator

Im geting the one with Zeitgeist on it, ill just buy the Tarantula single to get Death from Above.

toad32r
      Spectator

Well, i was wrong…i got the red version, thats ok though. I really like the album alot! Each of the tunes is great in its own way. It definitly has a sound that differs from say…..MCIS to Machina. It has areas that remind me of Siamese Dream, older influence. At the same time, it takes on a new groove. Two thumbs up from this end…..PEACE

toad32r
      Spectator

LOL, i went and bought yellow today too.

3. What should be the releasedate, the shipping date of 05-07-07 (email confirmation by Amazon), or the date of receipt, which is 07-07-07 in the EU (but in Germany itself it is 06-07-07 for sure). I took 06-07-07 as releasedate, who disagrees and why?[/quote:19fwgdpv]
      I agree with July 6 as release date.

Viewing 13 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.