• Author

Sauli
      Spectator

Package Description:
      – Packaged in a beautiful collector’s 12 box

Each Box Contains:
      – 4-song CD, 4 NEW Smashing Pumpkins songs
      – 12 picture disc with 4 new songs
      – The lid cov ering the box is a metallic/foil wall paper motif, A 1970’s design by The Flavor Paper Co. [/quote:3re7l23f]

right now it’s only $14.99 on amazon.com.

Arthur
      Spectator

Funny thing is, we even get to know from Amazon what songs to expect. Only songs 2 and 4 have been released so far…

Track Listings

1. The Fellowship
      2. Freak
      3. Tom Tom
      4. Spangled

amnesia
      Spectator

I just pre orderet my copy.

I really dont like the cover though, looks like a old shower curtain. :P

check this out: http://www.bertus.com/en/music/releases … tice-bare/

PRESSINGS LIMITED TO 13,333 UNITS WORLDWIDE![/quote:2mdbx0k6]

i wonder where they got that number.

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah, never seen that number before. When you think of it, let’s say the band makes 5 dollar of each copy… The revenues for the band would be in the order of 65,000 dollar. That is by far not an amount to pay all the bills, I guess. Just wondering…

well, the first ep was said to be limited to 10,000 copies worldwide.
      i’ve seen the same number mentioned for the second ep, but maybe people just copied the numbers from the first release.

maybe they get way more money per sold item. remember that they’re working without a record company now. i assume they got the best possible deal with rocket science records or however they’re called: rocket science doesn’t invest any money in the band, but as a result, they don’t run away with the biggest part of the profits. all they have to do is produce and distribute the physical copies.

i think they also get money out of deals with the websites where they pre-release their free songs.

and i think this isn’t so much about the money. otherwise they wouldn’t give away all the songs for free. obviously they don’t want to lose any money releasing the nice eps, but i don’t think the idea behind them is to cash in big times.

Arthur
      Spectator

Agree, Bram. The big bucks probably come from selling Today to that creditcard company, and such things, and the iTunes and other commercial downloads, and playing live at the festivals and being on tour, I think.

mirrorboxer
      Spectator

All joking aside, it’s not news that bands don’t make money selling albums. Has anyone heard of the bands who sold millions of albums but were dirt poor? It’s likely that the money they make from selling the limited physical product to the fans is to cover the cost of recording and producing the physical product of said songs released on the record. Billy was just smart enough to realize the potential of \"free\" music a long time ago. Bands make money from 1. Touring and 2. Merch; The more fans brought in by the \"free\" music, the more people there are to buy over priced tickets to the shows, and expensive tshirts or whatever other merch they decide to sell at the shows. I think that is why the sucessful artist today are touring constantly and selling merch like crazy. Maybe I’ve missed the mark, but that’s where I see things in the current music world…

Sauli
      Spectator

Billy was just smart enough to realize the potential of "free" music a long time ago. [/quote:1y0m16b3]

If the quality of all TgbK releases will as "good" as two first, big money will never come, and giving some mp3’s free is just marketing. Ok, billy gave some tapes, when he thought pumpkins was over; free music can be good; lots of 60’s bands recorded shows and give those to circulate, which was excellent marketing for upcoming albums.

Viewing 8 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.