Viewing 34 reply threads
  • Author

Superlordspamulon
      Spectator

morning bitches – betcha been missing me :wink:
      truth is, i just got back from the reading festival. smashing pumpkins baby! i was at the goddam barrier for it! hell yeah!
      they played quite a bit of stuff – nothing from gish (i think) or adore (i wanted to sheila :( ) and no gossamer…
      BUT we did get a super extended version of united states (with the american national anthem tune played in the middle as a tease :lol: ) a strange version of GATGC, SIYL (was awesome), a really heavy version of Tonight, Tonight, today, and my personal higlight – 1979 on acoustic! :D
      other songs thta were played – doomsday clock, tarantula, death from above (piano and voice :D ), something from Pisces… but i cant remember the name :? *EDIT* it was drown :) ,BWBFW, zero, closed with cherub rock, and uh… probably some more :? i dont remember!
      but anyway. I WAS AT THE FUCKING BARRIER!!!!!!!! (yes i do need to calm down…)
      i got a couple of smashing pumpkins t-shirts – a new ‘zero’ deisgn, and a green european tour one as well. i would put pictures up, but the t-shirts are in the wash at the mo :)
      i cant remember the exact order of what songs were played, but i’ll wrack my brains, see if i can remember :lol:
      *EDIT* the setlist can be found here
      http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/photos_2682?
      and should shortly be appearing on here too :)

and ask if you want to know anymore :)

best night of my life…

and now, for some videos :) (will be updated with each video i want to add, so keep checking :) )

1979 – acoustic (excellent audio)
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjMWNxnA9RE[/youtube]

1979 – acoustic again (has the ‘british girls’ quote before it. quality not so good, but you can see billy in this one)
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmiJteWH4JI[/youtube]

today – bbc footage, excellent audio, transferred from widescreen so looks squashed.
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxIbjlv-7Dc[/youtube]

cherub rock
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El1besRG4YM&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

another thing – they played a veeeeeery strange, almost funky version of HMM :lol:
      as well as this quote *roughly by the way* (a girl flashes her boob) billy: \"there’s something about the british girl [long pause] so willing to get her top off! [smiles, crowd cheers] ah come on… we all know american girls are sluts too! [crowd cheers again!] It’s great being alternative, you get away with saying this kinda stuff!\"
      excellent moment. hoping it gets on youtube!

manillascissor
      Keymaster

Awesome!! Glad you got to see them. Aren’t you going again on the 7th? I remember that from some other post of yours i think.

I’m going on Halloween…so awesome. I hope maybe the band dresses up or at least the audience. Should be spectacular. Thanks for sharing, I’ll have to post a review after mine as well.

You also reminded me, I need to set aside some money for a shirt! How much were they?

Awesome!! Glad you got to see them. Aren’t you going again on the 7th? I remember that from some other post of yours i think.

I’m going on Halloween…so awesome. I hope maybe the band dresses up or at least the audience. Should be spectacular. Thanks for sharing, I’ll have to post a review after mine as well.

You also reminded me, I need to set aside some money for a shirt! How much were they?[/quote:3n9mzpvt] no im not going on the 7th… mainly because there aren’t any more england-based dates announced :lol:
      and yeah – if it’s a halloween show there should be SOME dressing up! so yes. go dress up for it. ooh! maybe you could do the totally unque, original costume idea and go as a smashed pumpkin! no-one else will possibly think of it!

by the way the t-shirts were £18 each, which is about US$36… but 1) i reckon it’ll be less than that for you and 2) this was at a festival where a 500ml bottle of water was £2 :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

Superlordspamulon, just great man! Thanks for posting your experiences here! Did you check already if your tickets or other merchandise/clothing is already on this site? Oops, sorry, it’s on it’s way I see in your first post now, thanks! And also thanks for your other mail, I just read it. It will be on this site soon indeed… :D

Superlordspamulon, just great man! Thanks for posting your experiences here! Did you check already if your tickets or other merchandise/clothing is already on this site? Oops, sorry, it’s on it’s way I see in your first post now, thanks! And also thanks for your other mail, I just read it. It will be on this site soon indeed… :D[/quote:2mipq6gn] one of the t-shirts is already on here (the zero one, and you marked it as WO so there really is no need to post mine) but i’ll e-mail the other one shortly :)
      also, they take your ticket off you upon entry and you get a wristband instead. there was no mention of smashing pumpkins on either, but if you want a pic of the wristband i’ll happily oblige :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Uhmmm… nope. No wristband. Only when it contains a kiss of Ginger, or a signature of Billy (you were at the barrier, right? Must have been easy job to get that) :lol:

How did you get so close anyway? I went to Pinkpop in May with my girlfriend, and we thought we were lucky already when we were like 5th – 8th row somewhere… Good job!

Uhmmm… nope. No wristband. Only when it contains a kiss of Ginger, or a signature of Billy (you were at the barrier, right? Must have been easy job to get that) :lol:

How did you get so close anyway? I went to Pinkpop in May with my girlfriend, and we thought we were lucky already when we were like 5th – 8th row somewhere… Good job![/quote:1w80g2gz] *sigh*… a kiss from ginger *looks dreamy*… *ahem* :oops: :lol:
      anyways. yeah i got to the barrier by going into the mainstage crowd some 5 bands before smashing pumpkins, and just got closer and closer, and then when i was just behind some guys who were at the barrier they let me in – they were the nicest blokes :) i ended up at the barrier for half of lostprophets, NIN and of course, pumpkins :D (all in all i was waiting and standing for like 7 hours to get that position. my legs are still screwed up, even now!)
      and btw… it’s like 15 feet away from the stage. it’s really quite a distance!
      i believe there was a signing tent, and the only time i would have gone was during fallout boy (who i hate) but if i left, i would never have been able to get to the front :( i didnt even know if pumpkins were signing… so yeah. at the barrier for my first pumpkins gig :)

wow superlord! great you posted this man love to read this stuff!

wow superlord! great you posted this man love to read this stuff![/quote:bczms2pi] hey no problem :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Superlordspamulon, 2 little questions. Did the Pumpkins play this funny instrumental tune Suspiria before they started this gig? And what did you think of the opening track Superchrist? I like it very much, but do you remember it? PS great you posted the videos!

Superlordspamulon, 2 little questions. Did the Pumpkins play this funny instrumental tune Suspiria before they started this gig? And what did you think of the opening track Superchrist? I like it very much, but do you remember it? PS great you posted the videos![/quote:2zng3ulk] i don’t believe they did (because i can’t remember that well and have no real idea what you’re talking about :lol: )
      mmm, superchrist was definitely interesting, but because i had never heard it before, i wasn’t really sure what they were doing :lol: i just thought it was like an instrumental opening thing (it is instrumental right? i was a little confused up until doomsday clock :lol: )

Arthur
      Spectator

Superlordspamulon, this is what I mean. Listen to this intro here, it’s called Suspiria performed by a band called Goblin (they wrote this as an old horror movie tune):
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ortvtMrtWJ4[/youtube]
      (PS look at happy Billy during Today… :D )

But because lately the Pumpkins do this tune every now and then only (for example here at the intro of Superchrist @ The Fillmore on 01-08-2007 at the start of the second set) I was wondering if they still use this tune. In Stockholm they used an orchestral tune at the start…
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq6n17Ff39o[/youtube]
      And at the same time this is a good recording of Superchrist, I love this track, it just ROCKS!

thanks for those – it jogged my memory considerably, because they did! and i believe it was the version in the first vid… i remember it because there was music playing as they were coming on :)
      also, i loved billy in that today vid (made it my avatar :lol: ) and i just love the instantly recognisability of today, so that they don’t even have to say anything – just play the opening bars and get a rapturous response :D

they used the horror movie intro at pukkelpop.
      it was actually kinda weird, because they came on stage a bit too early. so then they just stood there for a while for the intro tune to finish, before they would start playing the first song.

Arthur
      Spectator

Thanks guys, you’re a great help. I’m working on the setlists today and I have updated them now.

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=TOURHISTO … locid=1011 (Pukkelpop, I put Suspiria there before as I already guessed or read somewhere they did it, but now I’m absolutely sure)

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=TOURHISTO … &locid=983 (Reading)

by the way, arthur, are you planning on putting any extra unformation regarding setlists, such as songs that were’nt played due to time? i’m just wondering is all, in case it causes any confusion in the future

Arthur
      Spectator

by the way, arthur, are you planning on putting any extra unformation regarding setlists, such as songs that were’nt played due to time? i’m just wondering is all, in case it causes any confusion in the future[/quote:1yyo4ur0]
      Yes Superlordspamulon, I used your information in your comprehensive email about that here already:

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=1839

And you won’t find Muzzle in the actual setlist anymore of course. I’m only waiting for the LMA uploads to fill in the tracklengths.

Yes Superlordspamulon, I used your information in your comprehensive email about that here already:

http://www.spfreaks.com/Default.aspx?pa … &item=1839

And you won’t find Muzzle in the actual setlist anymore of course. I’m only waiting for the LMA uploads to fill in the tracklengths.[/quote:6j4oicbl] i was just asking about the setlist in the toruing history section :) i already knew about the setlist in the collection :)

Arthur
      Spectator

Unfortunately the Tour History section leaves no room for this extra info… That’s why I can only add it to the Setlists section in the Collection. Hopefully that works for you?

Unfortunately the Tour History section leaves no room for this extra info… That’s why I can only add it to the Setlists section in the Collection. Hopefully that works for you?[/quote:3bfmbdrr] yeah that’s okay… i was just a little confused when i saw that muzzle was still on the set-list on the tour history, yet was mentioned in the collection

ah well

*sighs* i really wish they had been able to play it… i remember pearl jam’s encores last year…
      iron man on a yukelele (sp?). ’nuff said :D :lol:

Arthur
      Spectator

yeah that’s okay… i was just a little confused when i saw that muzzle was still on the set-list on the tour history, yet was mentioned in the collection[/quote:3qoqt2bv]
      Now you’re confusing me here, as I never put Muzzle in the Tour History for the Reading gig. Are you sure you looked at the right setlist in that section?

oh yeah… it’s not there… i wasn’t looking properly, and wasnt thinking straight and mistook cherub rock for muzzle :oops:

Arthur
      Spectator

Nevermind, just put on your 8) next time :P Meanwhile I’m playing Today and Superchrist of that videos over and over, pretty nice!

Arthur
      Spectator

While looking for the download of Reading I found this official BBC photo:

yeah it’s a really good pic :)

if you want d/l’s, here are some audio http://www.archive.org/details/tsp2007- … io1.flac16
      it’s only 5 songs, and tonight, tonight isnt the best quality, but it’s all i’ve found :lol:
      unless of course you want to rip stuff off of youtube, but i dont reccomend it. it will be mono and low quality, i only did it for 1979 because i couldnt find the version anywhere else :/

Arthur
      Spectator

Yeah I found them also, but I wanted a full set… I will use the tracklengths anyway for the moment, till better times. Keep watching around also ok? Meanwhile I’m working on 1992 setlists.

Yeah I found them also, but I wanted a full set… I will use the tracklengths anyway for the moment, till better times. Keep watching around also ok? Meanwhile I’m working on 1992 setlists.[/quote:2jl7mt6d] ok awesome. if you do find a full set PLEASE send me the link/s! i so badly want to have the full set!

Arthur
      Spectator

Promise. Will post it here Superlordspamulon. For the moment I’ll put my bets on LMA (Live Music Archive).

really great vids on here my compliments! i bet reading will be on the dvd what do you think?

really great vids on here my compliments! i bet reading will be on the dvd what do you think?[/quote:2dgslxmb] i f*cking well hope so!

Arthur
      Spectator

really great vids on here my compliments! i bet reading will be on the dvd what do you think?[/quote:1lpi3olf]
      I heard/read rumours about that too yes.

Arthur
      Spectator

Lots more Reading tracks have come available.

http://www.archive.org/details/tsp2007- … rob.flac16

Still not complete though.

Lots more Reading tracks have come available.

http://www.archive.org/details/tsp2007- … rob.flac16

Still not complete though.[/quote:nwbiumk3] yeah i found that a while ago but forgot to mention :?
      the quality is great, but i’m really annoyed that the guy just decided to leave 3/4 of the way through it :x

i think he went to buy merch :?

Viewing 34 reply threads

The forum ‘Touring & Concert’ is closed to new topics and replies.