Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

bullettwoutbutterflywings
      Spectator

A few days ago the Smashing Pumpkins announced to do a little tour in Australia in 2008!

\"At long last, The Smashing Pumpkins will officially be making the rounds in the land down under.

The Smashing Pumpkins have been chosen to co-headline this years V Festival: A four date multi-band festival that will travel to four cities over the course of two weekends.

March 29 – Sydney, Australia – Centennial Park
      March 30 – Gold Coast, Australia – Avica Resort
      April 5 – Melbourne, Australia – Showgrounds
      April 6 – Perth, Australia – The Esplanade (City)

Tickets for these shows will be on sale Thursday December 6th

To purchase tickets, click on the following link: http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/vfestival \"

Arthur
      Spectator

And a few more dates are added to the 2008 tour Down Under:

2008/03/20 NZ : TSB Arena, Wellington
      2008/03/22 NZ : Vector Arena, Auckland
      2008/03/24 NZ : Westpac Arena, Christchurch
      2008/04/02 AU : Entertainment Centre, Adelaide SA

Arthur
      Spectator

More info from a Gibson Exclusive interview with Jeff:

\"Gibson.com: What other musicians would you like to share the stage with?
      That´s a frightening question. If I ever felt like I was good enough playing with these guys, my first choice would be John Mc Laughlin. He combines fluid, intense playing with this whole spiritual element. I really love Jeff Beck, I think he would be fun to play with. I also would love to share the stage with Yngwie Malmsteen, the shredding king. Actually we tried to get him to play with the Samshing Pumpkins, but he said he was in the studio and unfortunately couldn´t make it. You never know… We try to invite a lot of people to jam on our shows. Uli Jon Roth for example joined us for a few gigs. Actually it seems like Tommy Lee will join us for the Australian Dates.\"

Down Under, prepare! :D

Arthur
      Spectator

The Australians are having fun! Ozphoria tells us:

\"As the Australian tour continues … April 3rd, 2008

We’ve quickly updated the Ozphoria Tour Blog with setlists, show information and photos from the last couple of shows and they’re all up for your viewing pleasure here.

Tour highlights so far include:

-The performance of ‘If All Goes Wrong’, a song from last years residency shows included in sets for Brisbane and Adelaide
      -Ozphorian meetups across the country – many photos to appear on the forum soon
      -Billy’s half-brother joining the band on stage in Adelaide to play Pink Floyd’s classic song ‘Set the Controls to the Heart of the Sun’
      -Meeting Jimmy at the Guitar Centre instore in Parramatta
      -‘Weaseling’ our way into a closed MTV taping for The Lair featuring Smashing Pumpkins
      -Having the band recognise our traveling circus at every show
      -The band being in a great mood on stage with lots of stage banter and smiles all round
      -The mud at the Gold Coast V Festival… it was just like the Bullet With Butterfly Wings filmclip… we were the mud people
      -An impromptu disco style jam (dubbed ‘Disco Town’ by fans) with improvised lyrics by Billy Corgan, inspired by The Presets V Festival performance at the Gold Coast V Festival
      -Inclusion of a segment of Britney Spears’ ‘Pieces of Me’ – ‘You want a piece of me? YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME?!’
      -Meeting the one and only Kristin Burns

We have a load of videos taken from all the shows that will be updated to our Ozphoria YouTube channel once we are back home at Ozphoria HQ, but since we are currently on the road it is hard to update in between traveling to shows and flights. A special video from the Gold Coast V Festival where the Smashing Pumpkins performed a impromptu disco style jam with improvised lyrics by Billy Corgan, inspired by The Presets V Festival performance.\"

(couldn’t help highligting that Pink Floyd part a bit myself… badly want to hear that!)

i saw that disco thing, on hipsters united i think, it was funny.

here it is i got it from the ozphoria youtube site

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TukBzhcwj3U[/youtube]

here is a pic that just got uploaded to sp.com with billy and jesse at the melbourne v festival

Viewing 6 reply threads

The forum ‘Touring & Concert’ is closed to new topics and replies.