Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Arthur
      Spectator

how many versions of the that’s the way single have been found so far?

for commercial cd releases, is there only the EU 3-track cd in slim case? or have people found a 2-track version, or a version in cardsleeve?

Arthur
      Spectator

for commercial cd releases, is there only the EU 3-track cd in slim case? or have people found a 2-track version, or a version in cardsleeve?[/quote:3v9ffgpg]
      Yup, nope & nope. I just got this reconfirmed from 1 of my sources. Your post reminded me to do this, as I couldn’t find them so far either… :?

some colour variations of the 7\":

Arthur
      Spectator

some colour variations of the 7":[/quote:1xgtf2rn]
      Wow. My goodness! I’m getting a Siamese Dream syndrome here. Do I recognize pink, red, blue and blueish-purple here (my little pda might fool me a bit…)? Another thingy to correct next week as we state "purple vinyl" only so far. Nice finds! Can we wait for your scans Cool As Ice Cream, or do we need to use those pics? Somehow I expect them to be in your collection soon, right? 8)

yeah, i will try to buy those on ebay.

i’m not sure how different the colours actually are. maybe the pictures make them look very red or very blue, while they’re actually all very close to the purple we all know. we will see…

hmm… that’s pretty awesome there Cool as :D

but… if you look at the circular sticker in the middle of the red/pink ones, you can quite clearly see that the black is veeery off colour. it looks a bit pale, kinda browny, which may show that the photo’s colouring is a bit screwed up. however, this colour change isnt quite as drastic as purple to red/pink, and also the sticky on the sleeve is about the right darkness, so maybe it’s just that there are variants, just not as vibrant as shown in the photos.
      well, at least that’s what i think :lol:

this is a question and answer on ebay about the following picture:

Q: is the actual color of your vinyl as it appears on myspace? i own a copy and it looks like this ([url:642z31lt]http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/discog.html?discog_id=215&img_disp=img&img_id=501[/url:642z31lt]) that is, dark purple. your pics look violet-red. Is it just the lighting?
      A: The vinyl is dark purple. My camera sometimes makes colors look wrong. Thanks, Greg

manillascissor
      Keymaster

this is a question and answer on ebay about the following picture:

Q: is the actual color of your vinyl as it appears on myspace? i own a copy and it looks like this ([url:1tabp876]http://www.spfc.org/songs-releases/discog.html?discog_id=215&img_disp=img&img_id=501[/url:1tabp876]) that is, dark purple. your pics look violet-red. Is it just the lighting?
      A: The vinyl is dark purple. My camera sometimes makes colors look wrong. Thanks, Greg

[/quote:1tabp876]

Good to know, thanks!

one of these arrived today. and the colour *is* different. if you hold it against the light, it looks a lot like this last big picture.

other news: this is a completely different release, made in the US!
      one difference, easy to spot, is the label: the star on the US release is bigger and has no text around it. on the UK release however, there’s small text in a circle all around the (smaller) star.

i posted some scans and pictures over here: http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=151827

i think it is safe to conclude that there are only two releases. the uk one and the us one. and i believe that within the same release the colours don’t vary too much. look at the scans and pictures: all colours posted above can easily be recognized as one of the two releases. the apparent colour variation has a lot to do with the type of camera or scanner, and with flash, light, et cetera.

oh yeah, about the different cd releases. so far we only had the european 3-track version confirmed.
      today i found out that there’s also an american 2-track release. this release is already mentioned on spfc.org too.

i bought one today on ebay, so unless someone beats me to it, i’ll give you scans and more info when it arrives in about a week (i hope).

Arthur
      Spectator

oh yeah, about the different cd releases. so far we only had the european 3-track version confirmed.
      today i found out that there’s also an american 2-track release. this release is already mentioned on spfc.org too.

i bought one today on ebay, so unless someone beats me to it, i’ll give you scans and more info when it arrives in about a week (i hope).[/quote:2zk9tcya]
      Nice… I just returned home from holiday a few hours ago (with 6 new SP cd’s, nothing special really, just some nice finds (though the Singapore Zeitgeist is worthwhile mentioning, and the Chinese Zeitgeist bootleg)), anyway, it looks like I have a lot to catch up. :wink:

Arthur
      Spectator

i bought one today on ebay, so unless someone beats me to it, i’ll give you scans and more info when it arrives in about a week (i hope).[/quote:15zyo0k2]
      Found 1 on eBay also (the only one available it looked to me) so I hope no one outbids me the next day. Fingers crossed… :lol:

Viewing 12 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.