Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

last_rose_of_summer
      Keymaster

How has it blown you away? How has your perspective about things changed? Do you find yourself becoming more conservative or the opposite? ETC,.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYiahoYfPGk[/youtube]

Danni
      Spectator

Losing my teeth all along the way. Now I’m down to thhhhree.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

So yeah, um…

For me, this past year has FLOWN by. I went on a leave from work about this time last year. Seems like just yesterday I was sitting in my room upstairs, on the computer, getting drunk, wasting away. And I look at my son, who will turn double digits tomorrow. It seems like he’s been alive for a decade, but damn, that’s 33% of my life right there. He’s been here that long?

And I see my parents. They’ve retired for about 10 years now, but both still work. And they are \"discussing\" moving again. To Colorado. This sorta blows my mind cause they were/are so settled right now and have been for so long.

And I was supposed to go to Afghanistan. Eventually, the timing didn’t work out and now I’m stuck in the US with no work. But I feel like it was supposed to happen.

I don’t know. I don’t think I’m explaining much of anything here, just rambling.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz7_3n7xyDg[/youtube]

Anonymous
      Spectator

well ya know…if you wanna get all scientific about this :P
      this life you live in has already happened light years away..so you are just doing what you know :P

we just get to reflect on the experiences in our life at a slower pace on this plane. To make us happy and sad…oh yes to feel life and not let it pass you by without batting an eye.

My oldest will be 18 in 8 months and it feels like yesterday he was a baby. Time really does fly by faster than you think it does.

marigold
      Spectator

“We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they’re called memories. Some take us forward, they’re called dreams.”

~ Jeremy Irons

time flies indeed, and things change, we all change, but how do we make the most of things when we are severely limited by external barriers? (ie. economy) It sometimes seems like a constant upwards struggle. And to do the things you really want to do (ie. travel, study etc) seem impossible when you are stuck in a rut, especially when there isn’t anything you can do to change things, all you can do is wait.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

time flies indeed, and things change, we all change, but how do we make the most of things when we are severely limited by external barriers? (ie. economy) It sometimes seems like a constant upwards struggle. And to do the things you really want to do (ie. travel, study etc) seem impossible when you are stuck in a rut, especially when there isn’t anything you can do to change things, all you can do is wait.[/quote:1tfa5vow]

life is what you make it. time is just the univeral ticker in the background, reminding you that you don’t have forever to accomplish anything.

Anonymous
      Spectator

time is never time at all :P

time is never time at all :P[/quote:l7zzf6eb]

that was my first thought when I saw this thread :lol:

I have actually been thinking a lot about time lately. It seems like I spend so much time at work. And of course that is the only reason I have a house, a car, get to go see SP and all that good stuff. But the work is what’s making me unhappy. And our debt is still really bad. I’m stuck. I just wish I had more time to do the things I want to do, like writing, drawing, taking pictures or whatever. But if I had that time that would mean I wouldn’t be making money and we would lose the house and have to file bankrupcy. Anyway I don’t know what to do with myself. Sometimes I feel like I’m going crazy.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

yeah karen, i know what you mean.

we work so we can afford to die. it’s very bizarre.

Tis very bizarre indeed.

It’s funny now reading my previous post. I don’t even remember typing that but I still feel kind of the same way, although I guess it’s a little different now that I’m pregnant. Our money situation has improved a little bit, my husband has a good job now. That gives me some hope that maybe I won’t be stuck in this job forever. We went to a debt consolidation place for our credit cards. Things seem to be looking up.

Viewing 9 reply threads

The forum ‘Philosophical Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.