Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Cool As Ice Cream
      Spectator

Quotes from the collection descriptions:

A truly unique item. Sent to Billy Corgan to check if this versions of the songs of the last Smashing Pumpkins single were ment to be released in the UK. He wrote \"too low\" behind the third track, but never send it back to the label. Instead he gave it to a friend. Try, Try, Try and Age Of Innocence were never released in the versions as on this 1 of a kind CD.

Note: also a Virgin UK inhouse acetate of this single has surfaced in July 2007 (only 2 copies known so far), it can be found on this website also.[/quote:27yt1ywt]

Next to the US 1 of a kind version (which was send to Billy Corgan) of this acetate single with mixes of Try, Try, Try and Age Of Innocence that were never released, also a UK Virgin inhouse acetate has surfaced. Only a few copies are known so far.[/quote:27yt1ywt]

manillascissor
      Keymaster

i think the UK cdr promo has a different (bass?) intro than all the other standard releases (age of innosense that is).

i own the Q101 CD, but honestly, have never played it, i’ll look into that for you.

i’ll see if i can hunt down the FR promo to see if it’s a 3 trk as well.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

the FR promo is indeed one track.

i think the UK cdr promo has a different (bass?) intro than all the other standard releases (age of innosense that is).

i own the Q101 CD, but honestly, have never played it, i’ll look into that for you.[/quote:10l6t6nh]
      can you check the commercial release and listen closely to the intro of age of innocence? because that’s what i did, and it sounds the same as the cd-r intro. it’s just that it’s a bit quiet and i had never paid attention to it before. (so when i first heard the cd-r intro a while ago, my first thought was also "oh, this is new. cool!")

any chance you could flac the q101 version? that would be great.

the FR promo is indeed one track.[/quote:10l6t6nh]
      thanks a lot.

Arthur
      Spectator

the FR promo is indeed one track.[/quote:xwxph34u]
      Same for my copy, surprisingly! :lol:

the discussion in another thread made me revisit this one. i see that the incorrect information regarding the uniqueness of the mix/intro of the b-sides is still up.

Arthur
      Spectator

OK, this is what I just did, I hope it is to everybody’s likings.

All 8 known Untitled 3 track cds, starting with Billy’s test pressing, all the way up to the commercial releases, have the same 3 tracktitles. And database-wise they are the same tracks also. So, when clicking on the track, it will show all other releases with the same track on it.

The tracklengths are not correct anymore, because on some releases some tracks are 1 or 2 or 3 seconds shorter, compared to other releases. I cannot help it… I choose a tracklength kinda ad random, please tell me if it should be changed. Next to that, the info text is changed here and there. Please check if it is correct now?

Please copy the whole URL below to check all Untitled releases. It will include the Q101 release and the French promo, but I did not change anything on them. Meaning, the Q101 question of Bram is still standing. I don’t have that Q101 promo for a comparison…

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=collindex … ease|ASC|0

By the way, I did not change the Untitled (Pop Mix) upload. It is still considered a different release, with a different track. I made 320 kbps MP3 rips of 4 different Untitled releases (Billy’s acetate, UK inhouse promo, Pop Mix and UK commercial single), if someone needs them for a second opinion on my inquiry, just shoot me a line here.

very, very good. well done, arthur.

Viewing 8 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.