Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

reuben
      Spectator

i was like ouch ouch ouch a bit, i noticed billy was nervous!!! his voice was not top all the time, but they had a great setlist with unites states, bullet with butterfly wings, tarantula and today. oh us was kinda short version. what do you guys think? anybody seen it (watched it with superlord also online kinda cool :lol: ) here’s the first track, awesome:
      [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYBJP7ZZZZE[/youtube]

haha i thought it was awesome!
      i now absoloutely NEED to see them at reading festival this year!
      haha i just remembered Billy stumbling over his words then hitting himself in the head :D
      i don’t think i had seen any live pumpkins before then… i knew Billy was tall, but had no idea he was like that! :lol:
      but still – i completely enjoyed that show!
      and about billy’s voice: apparently it was deafening – the instruments and everything. even with the ear thing, he still would have had a hard time hearing himself sing.

toad32r
      Spectator

Completely jammed!! I thought it sounded awesome. It feels good to see them live again!!

sorry video don’t work anymore. probably copyrights issue.

reuben
      Spectator

yeh i was there thought it was ok, anyone notice how billy introduced tarantula? \"This is our new single, ‘Ta-ran-toola’\" ha ha. I though the quiet bit in the middle of tarantula should have been extended a bit more, like the grand rex version

toad32r
      Spectator

LOL, funny you should say that, when he said it that way, at first i thought i had been wrong with the regular pronunciation of the tarantula.(as in a spider) Thought it was just me!!

i knew he wasnt saying the tarantula im aware of…
      i thought it was like a dialect thing… like thats how they say it in chicago or something… so i was a little nervous to point it out as being funny

reuben
      Spectator

yeh i knew he must have been joking. Remember on 3 feet high (chicago bootlegg from 93 i think) he pronounces siamese dream as \"see-a-meese dream\", and also on the viewphoria dvd when jimmy meets Manny during the siamese recording he introduces himself as \"Jimmy Chamberlay\", i think to rhyme with Manny’s last name. It must be a long standing-running joke or something with them to always deliberately misspronounce obivious stuff

Viewing 7 reply threads

The forum ‘Touring & Concert’ is closed to new topics and replies.