Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

some pumpkins
      Spectator

i was wondering if you guys could give your opinions regarding the daphne descends promo cd vs. the true power. true faith. (b-sides and rareties) cd.

i know they’re both pretty hard to come by. they are definately the two rarest cd’s i own. and im sure the pressing quantity of each could be debated. but im speculating that there were probably more of the daphne descends cd’s made, than true power. true faith. but i would also speculate that daphne is the more sought after of the two. and i know if you look at the value’s placed these in the database, true power. true faith wins that battle. but i know those prices are debatable as well, since its all about what a particular collector is willing to pay for a particular cd. the last factor i should mention is the cue sheet for true power. true faith. im sure having it could make the cd more desirable to someone than daphne. (which i do not have)

anyway, just wondering. im thinking of offering one of them up to someone for a trade.

amnesia
      Spectator

I can only say what ive paid for the Daphne Descends and True Power.

I think i paid around 225 $ for the Daphne Descends, and the True Power with cue sheet, i paid 200$.
      I owned a copy of True power without the cue sheet which i paid 150$ for, i guess thats the one i sold to you a while back for less what ive paid for it if i remember right.

Lotta ppl love collcting French stuff, which makes it worth more and more sought after i believe, since its rare and pretty special.

Maybe one reason its more sought after then True Power.

Arthur
      Spectator

but im speculating that there were probably more of the daphne descends cd’s made, than true power. true faith.[/quote:ulzcoq0l]
      I agree with most of your speculations, but this part I highly doubt. France is a much smaller country, compared to the US. I’ve seen way more True Powers pass on eBay and elsewhere, than Daphne Descends promo cds, which I have hardly seen in my collecting career. The difference that Ayoe paid is kinda normal I guess.

Lotta ppl love collcting French stuff, which makes it worth more and more sought after i believe, since its rare and pretty special.[/quote:ulzcoq0l]
      That too.

some pumpkins
      Spectator

thanks guys. i appreciate your opinions.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

daphne descends is much rarer and sought after. :)

some pumpkins
      Spectator

thank you sir

buiopesto
      Spectator

1:If you take ebay,as a pretty-although not perfect- reliable example in terms of prices and copies around for sale on the broad market,there’s not even room for comparison,Daphne is not only by far the rarer of two but also in my opinion of the rarest delabel promos around.
      I’ve seen during the last,say,25 months,at least 10 true power on ebay,vs probably 2 daphne,and more grey tristessa than daphne as well.
      what’s weird,i seem to recall quite more of them around 4-5-6 yrs ago.
      since then it seems to me it-almost-vanished,and quite fast and abruptly too.
      This would probably lead us to reconsider the rarity of this promo usually classified below other delabel promos like live in chicago or machina promo.
      2:If you take ME as a pretty reliable example of what I consider the rarest one,for daphne I’d kill, true power I’d simply steal.

Arthur
      Spectator

2:If you take ME as a pretty reliable example of what I consider the rarest one,for daphne I’d kill, true power I’d simply steal.[/quote:3rgp4i71]
      :lol:

some pumpkins
      Spectator

it’s daphne by a landslide!

Viewing 8 reply threads

The forum ‘Collecting Items’ is closed to new topics and replies.