Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Sven
      Spectator

So, I was wondering about something that is not clear on SP history.
      On this website, there is a studio session on march 1988 containing 8 songs. I thought only 4 songs were recorded at this time, which were those that made it to the NEC demo.
      Then in September 1988 you have another recording session. This time only two songs: There it Goes, and Under your spell. I am not sure if it contains real drums (Jimmy’s first recordings with SP), or is it a drum machine?
      Please clarify people

Arthur
      Spectator

Sven will probably know those details, he did a lot of research too. Sven?

Sven
      Spectator

So, I was wondering about something that is not clear on SP history.
      On this website, there is a studio session on march 1988 containing 8 songs. I thought only 4 songs were recorded at this time, which were those that made it to the NEC demo.
      Then in September 1988 you have another recording session. This time only two songs: There it Goes, and Under your spell. I am not sure if it contains real drums (Jimmy’s first recordings with SP), or is it a drum machine?
      Please clarify people[/quote:2o9cldqr]

early 88 (basically from late 87 even!) = the I Fall sessions > BC + JI + drum machine and/or Ron Roesing (who knows?), some tracks made it onto NEC, the rest of the Avalon set was recorded too according to BC, that’s why those songs are listed.
      late 88 = There it Goes and Under Your Spell from the MP if I’m not mistaken; recorded with JC and most likely BC on bass on the recordings.

the time frame here is conjecture and highly tentative and guess work as they recorded on and off as they went along…
      late 88 as per JC being the band hence following the Metro show…10/05.

Viewing 2 reply threads

The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.