Viewing 39 reply threads
  • Author

marigold
      Spectator

Finally, something official from Japan.

Danni
      Spectator

Ohh, harr, harr harr… so…. the Pixies tour again, eeeyh?

Smashing Pumpkins in 2010 isn’t even a tiny bit interesting in me opinion. But then again…. that’s just me.

Pixies would be kool to see again though. Been a while since the last time….. harr, harr, harr…

Danni
      Spectator

Could’ve just been Billy Corgan w/ Friends instead, he heh.

Aye, not gonna start with that again… hiccup, hiccup.

Smashing Pumpkins in 2010 isn’t even a tiny bit interesting in me opinion. But then again…. that’s just me.

Pixies would be kool to see again though. Been a while since the last time….. harr, harr, harr…[/quote:jnckb65v]
      i agree.

i wouldn’t do much effort to see sp play again today. they’d have to play next door. or at least in a place i can reach with a short and simple train ride.

on the other hand, i’m seeing the pixies again at the end of may. even though i only saw them in october last year.

you can’t really compare the two though. sp is still about credibility and not selling out, or at least, that’s the message they’re sending out. pixies is clearly back to collect the money they never got when they were first around. no new music has been recorded since their reunion (with the exception of one song). but somehow, their way of doing it is more successful, in general, and to me.

i guess it’s a matter of what you want to do. clearly, billy never wanted to have a collect-the-money reunion, playing all the hits and cash in. and that’s respectful. but i fear i lost interest for the moment. (i’m not even sure if i’ll buy the first teargarden single.) maybe one day…

Arthur
      Spectator

Did anyone receive this message a few days ago? Put here because of the Jay Leno date.

THE SMASHING PUMPKINS

TO RELEASE FOURTH FREE TRACK \"ASTRAL PLANES\" FRIDAY, APRIL 16 VIA AMOEBA.COM IN ADVANCE OF RECORD STORE DAY

‘TEARGARDEN BY KALEIDYSCOPE VOL.1: SONG FOR A SAILOR’ IS THE FIRST OF 11 4-SONG EPS TO BE AVAILABLE AS A LIMITED EDITION COLLECTIBLE, STARTING MAY 25

GROUP TO PERFORM ‘WIDOW WAKE MY MIND’ ON \"TONIGHT SHOW WITH JAY LENO\" TUESDAY, APRIL 20

THE SMASHING PUMPKINS will release \"Astral Planes,\" the fourth track of their epic 44-song TEARGARDEN BY KALEIDYSCOPE project, this Friday, April 16 via the independent Amoeba Records’ website.

The swirling, psychedelicized song will first be available for free download on http://www.amoeba.com (in the left-hand corner under \"Breaking News\") and then, later that day, available for free download via http://www.smashingpumpkins.com along with three previously released tracks: \"A Stitch In Time,\" \"Widow Wake My Mind\" and \"A Song For A Son.\" The site also offers a widget enabling fans to host the songs anywhere on the web.

\"Astral Planes\" is the final song to be issued for TEARGARDEN BY KALEIDYSCOPE VOL.1: SONG FOR A SAILOR, the first of the eventual 11 EPs to be sold in record stores. TEARGARDEN BY KALEIDYSCOPE VOL. 1: SONGS FOR A SAILOR is set for official release on May 25th thru Martha’s Music / Rocket Science Ventures. This very limited edition collector’s EP will be packaged in a beautiful collector’s silk-screened wooden box. Each box will contain a 4-song CD, a vinyl 7\" and a hand-carved obelisk.

The release of \"Astral Planes\" comes one day before Record Store Day, which the band will celebrate with a free performance in Los Angeles. The first 250 fans who pre-order the Teargarden… EP on Saturday, April 17, will receive the limited edition black light poster as well as a wristband giving them entry into The Smashing Pumpkins performance from Amoeba and Urban Outfitters Space 15 Twenty later that day. The pre-order is exclusive to independent record stores. By pre-ordering the EP, fans will be guaranteed to own the EP and will immediately receive a collector’s edition Smashing Pumpkins black light poster, while supplies last.

While in Los Angeles, The Smashing Pumpkins will perform \"Widow Wake My Mind\" on NBC’s \"Tonight Show with Jay Leno\" Tuesday, April 20.

marigold
      Spectator

I can’t find an official site on this, but apparently they are playing a Woodstock festival in Brazil (why this is gonna be in Brazil I don’t know) but it would be great for those South American fans who have been waiting so long to see SP again.

http://www.last.fm/event/1488559+Woodstock+Brasil+2010

I think that’s just a rumour. I wouldn’t count on it for now.

salkema
      Spectator

Yup, just a rumour. I remember that time when they said there was going to be a south american tour in late 2007.. at that time I was in Peru visiting my family, anyway it never happenned.

The only thing I like about the actual SP is that they might play a few shows in a really small crowd, and it haven’t been like this since 2000. It’s a great opportunity to enjoy a show with \"real\" fans and maybe meet the band.

Arthur
      Spectator

The only thing I like about the actual SP is that they might play a few shows in a really small crowd, and it haven’t been like this since 2000. It’s a great opportunity to enjoy a show with "real" fans and maybe meet the band.[/quote:lky0d6pv]
      Agree. Last few months I have been jealous a few times with the US fans. See how they rocked at Record Store Day… :evil:

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

I can’t wait to see how the new bassist plays out!

Arthur
      Spectator

Official announcement:

THE SMASHING PUMPKINS
      ANNOUNCE INTIMATE U.S. TOUR DATES STARTING JULY 6
      IN ADVANCE OF HEADLINE SLOTS AT
      TWO SUMMER SONIC FESTIVALS IN JAPAN

blablabla & bla

Here are the tour dates:

TUE 7/6 Cleveland, OH House of Blues
      THU 7/8 Grand Rapids, MI Orbit Room
      FRI 7/9 Columbus, OH Newport Music Hall
      SAT 7/10 Louisville, KY Forecastle Festival
      MON 7/12 Baltimore, MD Rams Head Live
      TUE 7/13 Richmond,VA The National
      THU 7/15 Norfolk, VA The Norva
      FRI 7/16 Charlotte, NC Fillmore
      SAT 7/17 Charleston, SC Music Farm
      MON 7/19 Orlando, FL House of Blues
      TUE 7/20 Ft. Lauderdale, FL Revolution
      WED 7/21 Tampa, FL Ritz
      SAT 8/7 Tokyo Marine Stadium / Messe
      SUN 8/8 Osaka Maishima / Summer Sonic Site
      TUE 8/10 Tokyo Tokyo Studio Coast
      WED 8/11 Tokyo Tokyo Studio Coast

Anonymous
      Spectator

Official announcement:

THE SMASHING PUMPKINS
      ANNOUNCE INTIMATE U.S. TOUR DATES STARTING JULY 6
      IN ADVANCE OF HEADLINE SLOTS AT
      TWO SUMMER SONIC FESTIVALS IN JAPAN

blablabla & bla

Here are the tour dates:

TUE 7/6 Cleveland, OH House of Blues
      THU 7/8 Grand Rapids, MI Orbit Room
      FRI 7/9 Columbus, OH Newport Music Hall
      SAT 7/10 Louisville, KY Forecastle Festival
      MON 7/12 Baltimore, MD Rams Head Live
      TUE 7/13 Richmond,VA The National
      THU 7/15 Norfolk, VA The Norva
      FRI 7/16 Charlotte, NC Fillmore
      SAT 7/17 Charleston, SC Music Farm
      MON 7/19 Orlando, FL House of Blues
      TUE 7/20 Ft. Lauderdale, FL Revolution
      WED 7/21 Tampa, FL Ritz
      SAT 8/7 Tokyo Marine Stadium / Messe
      SUN 8/8 Osaka Maishima / Summer Sonic Site
      TUE 8/10 Tokyo Tokyo Studio Coast
      WED 8/11 Tokyo Tokyo Studio Coast[/quote:1pg707o4]

* Thumbs up *

"blablabla & bla," <- New career in Promotion, A? :lol: :wink:

marigold
      Spectator

The Pumpkins also plan to tour South America and Australia in 2010 and hope to return to the U.S. later this year.[/quote:34xy3onc]

I hope they include New Zealand in ‘Australia’. :? :(

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I think I will be headed to the Cleveland show since it is fairly close to where I live.

Now I have something to do this summer. :D

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

I went to buy my tickets today for the HOB show in Orlando…. $45 a ticket, plus TicketBastard fees… it will be $110 for my husband and I to go…I just about pulled out my emergency credit card… but it is going to have to wait. I have a freaking lien on my bank account from a creditor right now… So I really should be a good girl and NOT go…. right?

some pumpkins
      Spectator

I went to buy my tickets today for the HOB show in Orlando…. $45 a ticket, plus TicketBastard fees… it will be $110 for my husband and I to go…I just about pulled out my emergency credit card… but it is going to have to wait. I have a freaking lien on my bank account from a creditor right now… So I really should be a good girl and NOT go…. right?[/quote:280wc1lf]

you should go.

manillascissor
      Keymaster

^ this.

also, i’ll be very upset if you sell your spfreaks memorabilia, however, i will understand.

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

You know I wouldn’t let it go for under something rediculously crazy. I love it too much. But if somebody has lots of money and really really really wants it, well then they must really want it, and I couldn’t deny taking them for every penny they’ve got to turn my baby into just another item on my wall. You know I love it because I spent close to $100 getting it professionally matted and framed. I don’t even have photos of my second daughter framed in my house!!!

some pumpkins
      Spectator

You know I wouldn’t let it go for under something rediculously crazy. I love it too much. But if somebody has lots of money and really really really wants it, well then they must really want it, and I couldn’t deny taking them for every penny they’ve got to turn my baby into just another item on my wall. You know I love it because I spent close to $100 getting it professionally matted and framed. I don’t even have photos of my second daughter framed in my house!!![/quote:dl59m7ik]

you’re selling your framed prize from the 2008 tour? the one with the teitbite7”?

Doubtful-Della
      Spectator

Not unless a millionaire is a collector. There is an art show on the 25th and I am bringing it with me ;) I am putting a caaaaarrrraaaaazzzzzyyyyy price on it… Figured I’d message the two people on the forum who want that record first. My house is in foreclosure, so if somebody really really would appreciate it enough to spend a stupid amount on it, how could I say no?

manillascissor
      Keymaster

haha you make a good point della. :)

Daysofthephoenix
      Spectator

I think it’s funny how a week after I buy tickets to the Cleveland show, a show in Pittsburgh opens up later in July, which is way closer to me. :lol:

Anonymous
      Spectator

:lol: funny how that works..He just wants you to go to 2 shows ;)

On another note we have 3 freaks going to the knoxville show and we finally all get to meet up
      last rose, manilla and myself will be off to this show :D
      fun times!

wawijr
      Spectator

Went to the Norfolk show. One mile from my front door, it was sold out 1,500 people which surprised me.
      Hole played there (the Norva ) on 6/26 (the day before the alleged worst ever concert)
      only 400 people for Hole. Courtney was awesome, was having a great time, and not the mean, drugged, yelling Courtney. The Norva is a nice place and thats the first thing she said before playing, how its nice to play for small crowds.

SP was alot better than i expected, i knew they were going to be good, but this line up has got it down,
      If Darcy and James came back, like Billy asked them knowing they wouldn’t anyway, it would not have been successful. Mike’s a good drummer, im not goin to compare him to Jimmy, buy Billy seems to think he’s fine. Nicole has great stage presence, never cared for D’racy she always looked like she wanted to be elsewhere. I knew Ginger wouldnt be with them long, and i really liked her. Jeff does a great job has good chemistry with Billy, unlike James who wanted nothing but all the attention and an ego he didn’t deserve. We know the history it was all Billy and Jimmy anyway, and when Billy let them play on an album, they played just what he told them. Now Billy doesn’t have to worry about a cracked bass player and a guitar player wanting to be more of a frontman.

SP sounded great, Billy is actually smiling almost the whole show, clearly happy about his new bandmates
      and playing how he wants and what he wants. I like most of the new music, it still sounds like The Smashing Pumpkins, it’s a more powerfull and more controlled band now. He now has a real band. And all the members are working together wonderfully to get out the sound Billy wants us to hear. Mike actually broke his bass drum that night and Billy and jeff played Stumbleline and Disarm while they fixed the drums.
      Billy was laughing and having fun, and they still play the old songs you want to hear, even though he would rather do all new music. He understands thier are fans who aren’t hardcore and come to hear some hits and to just see a concert. Lets give em a chance, it takes alot of hard work to do tours and record new music. I ‘m pretty much a hardcore fan, seen them 13 times since 92. I feel The Pumpkins have some great things in store for us.

Thanks for letting me give my opinion

this is a link to my Photobucket page. It has my concert pics on there. I’ve been shooting shows since 1984. I just love concerts, live music and will pretty much go to anything. So check em out. I’m still editing some shows and right now only have shows since i got a digital camera which just about equals the 35mm i’ve been using since 1984 and almost 2500 concerts. It’s almost like starting over, since i had more control with 35mm. Ok i’ll shut up now and hope you like the pics

http://smg.photobucket.com/home/wawijr/allalbums

Arthur
      Spectator

Hey wawijr, welcome to this freaky forum, and thanks for your nice and long review, and pics! 8)

I really liked these pics you took (the new bass player is hotttt! :lol: ):

Arthur
      Spectator

The 2010/07/13 The National, Richmond is a pretty decent recording, and really worthwhile a listen of Smashing Pumpkins Mark IV (or is it V already? :wink: ).

This is the setlist of that gig.

A Song For A Son
      Today
      Astral Planes
      Freak
      Hummer
      Bleeding The Orchid
      Bullet With Butterfly Wings
      Ava Adore
      Owata
      United States
      Disarm
      Tarantula
      Stand Inside Your Love
      Eye
      Tonight, Tonight
      Gossamer

And Derek told me, the Charlotte gig a few days later was his best Smashing Pumpkins show ever! 8)

EAZYE121
      Spectator

Here’s a poster I grabbed at the end of the show in Columbus, OH.

Arthur
      Spectator

Here’s a poster I grabbed at the end of the show in Columbus, OH.[/quote:270td4km]
      Uploaded in the collection on SPfreaks.com, thanks for the contribution! 8)

Anonymous
      Spectator

some pics from front row in Knoxville 8)

Anonymous
      Spectator

Oh yeah and I also got a drumstick from Mike Byrne…I dove over the rail to grab it off the floor-got some scrapes and bruises, but it was sooo worth it…Also the security guy wasn’t allowing photos to be taken, but as you can see I didn’t bother listening to his rules :D

marigold
      Spectator

They ARE playing in Brazil after all now: Sat. Nov. 20th – Sao Paulo. Planeta Terra Festival

yay for Brazil!

and Smashing Pumpkins is in the top 10 trending topics on Twitter today!

I like that top pic Carrie, Billy’s kinda sorta Elvis lip action going on :lol:

I was too chicken shit to sneak in a bunch of pics. Damn that security dude! :x

I’m still mad at myself for not getting a shot of Billy standing right over us with everyone’s hands reaching up to him. I will forever have that picture in my mind. *Le sigh*

That’s cool about SP trending on Twitter :D

amnesia
      Spectator

Thats some very nice pics, Carrie.Thanks for sharing those :)

marigold
      Spectator

Auckland, New Zealand, 19th Oct. http://www.the-edge.co.nz/pumpkins.aspx

FINALLY!!

Arthur
      Spectator

Auckland, New Zealand, 19th Oct. http://www.the-edge.co.nz/pumpkins.aspx

FINALLY!!

[/quote:1ffd1q8b]
      Congrats!

Prepare for a stage outfit like this, with alien windmills… :lol:

marigold
      Spectator

Set:
      The Fellowship
      Lonely Is the Name
      Today
      Astral Planes
      Ava Adore
      A Song for a Son
      Eye
      Bullet with Butterfly Wings
      United States
      Spangled
      Stumbleine
      Cherub Rock
      Zero
      Shame
      Freak
      Tonight, Tonight
      Stand Inside Your Love
      Tarantula

Encore:
      A Stitch in Time
      Disarm
      Gossamer

one of the photos I got – I had to move from the front when BWBW started as it got a little crazy then. :roll:

jawn till dusk
      Spectator

I watched all of this show in a kinda mixed up order and seen this portion last.

Just watch disarm. :oops:

I’m losing it. :(

amnesia
      Spectator

I just hope Billy woud get his cute ass to Europe soon… :?

Anonymous
      Spectator

I’d be stoked if they announced a few dates on Mars soon, wearing the uniforms from the Rocket video. 😈

marigold
      Spectator

Muse are gonna beat them to be the first band to play in space.

http://www.spinner.com/2011/01/03/muse- … son-space/

:P

Billy said they wouldn’t be touring again til at least April, maybe not even anything this year. I noticed on spfc that Billy has toured, solo or with Zwan or SP, every year since 1988 :shock: except for 2006 – there were only 2 small shows.

Viewing 39 reply threads

The forum ‘Touring & Concert’ is closed to new topics and replies.